Eminem Eminem Skit On Royce's New Album

Started by Ricky, Feb 20, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Feb 22, 2020
    That's called having a discussion.

JMG, 500 mg, Xmipod and 1 other person like this.
    JMG, 500 mg, Xmipod and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Guma

Feb 22, 2020
    First of all I feel like people nowadays are overusing the word "racist" and some of them saying you can't be racist towards white peole is quite ironic. Secondly these times people are trying to make every d--- thing about race to divide people, when it has nothing to do with it i.e. media. That's what makes people angry/tired of it.

JMG, n9ne and The Mandalorian like this.
    JMG, n9ne and The Mandalorian like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 22, 2020
    Exactly!!!

But the issue is some americans got their heads so far up their own a----s they can't accept that outside of the US people feel different / have a different culture. It's like THEIR truth is the real truth and everyone else is racist, homophobic etc etc.

They have no idea most people in Europe think they're hypocrites and weird.

And yeah what @Guma said is about Sinterklaas. Its a tradition for years here and our culture. Has nothing to do w racism even if it seems like it if you don't know it (I'll admit that) But u can't explain that to some stubborn americans unfortunately...

"I'd encourage people from outside the USA (and s--- inside the USA too lol) to have a better understanding of our history before speaking on such things."

@Big Cuntry this is exactly what I mean! We have to understand u guys but you don't wanna understand we have our own culture here as well when u guys bash century old traditions and our way of living. It has to go 2 ways imo.

I know in US things are different, many subjects I discussed w you enigma etc, and I respect that, it just bothers me a lot that u guys always act like you are right and we are wrong lol (not saying u specifically btw). We just look at things differently.

Mar 29, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 22, 2020
    This discussion has nothing to do w skin colour btw but w american culture - other cultures

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 22, 2020
    @Michael Myers @Guma @Zeugma I didn’t say anything about any of your countries. We’re talking about two artists, one white and one black, who live in the USA. I understand that different cultures have different histories and traditions.

And y’all implying it’s the media’s fault or our fault that the country is racist because we talk about race shows just as much ignorance about my country as it does when someone from the USA pokes their nose in your countries’ cultural affairs. I don’t speak on any of your countries because I don’t know enough about them to do so. I’ve never even been to any of your countries besides France for like three days when I was too young to understand/care about any of this stuff anyway.

Also the reason people say you can’t be racist against white people is because the accepted definition of “racism” has largely shifted to become synonymous with “institutionalized racism” and in the USA there is not really institutionalized racism against white people. You can certainly discriminate against white people and be prejudiced toward them. I understand why the definition has shifted but I also understand why, especially younger people and people who are not from the USA, would take it the wrong way when someone says “you can’t be racist against white people.” But at a certain point we’re just arguing semantics when there are larger problems at hand.

Also trust me @Michael Myers I know Europeans think we’re morons when I was in Mexico every European I met wanted to talk to me about trump to gauge how much of an idiot I was lol. But I remember explaining to this German dude how much black voter suppression there is in the south and he was genuinely dumbfounded—it’s that type of stuff I don’t think the average person outside the USA knows still goes on.

Michael Myers likes this.
    Michael Myers likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Feb 22, 2020
    who implied that lol

i was just stating why (I think) people from outside the US do speak on those issues (and yes, they may be ignorant and wrong when they do so): those issues have been forced into the european public debate when we didn't have the same problems the US had, and it kinda poisoned the debate here in europe, encouraging communautarism, unfounded and ignorant "cancel culture", etc. but i agree with the rest of your post, that's another debate really

n9ne, Guma, DKC and 1 other person like this.
    n9ne, Guma, DKC and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. joeyp363

Feb 22, 2020

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. joeyp363

Feb 22, 2020
    Sources have been saying that this was recorded in 2003. I think that’s correct since his voice sounds so young.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 22, 2020
    it was Guma and Michael Meyers who spoke on that point not you but I tagged you for the rest of my response

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 22, 2020
    @Big Cuntry All I'm trying to say is that sometimes u guys are looking for racism even when it isn't the case lol. Thats what I meant with u guys keep bringing up race. Not saying its ur or the media's fault ofc.

You did actually talk s--- about black pete a while back calling us racist. We never even knew what 'blackface' was until u guys started calling us out for it lol. And it was Kim f---ing Kardashian of all people that said it lmfaooo. It was a children tradition that everyone liked. Even most black pple that grew up in Holland said the criticizm was f---ing stupid.. like I said this is a more a cultural thing than a race thing.

Like u said there are larger topics at hand.. shootings, every r----- being able to own a gun, g--- problems, people being robbed, r---d in the streets, drug problems, spacemonkeys.. and yes actual a------ racists that need to be dealt with. I'm 100% in favour of locking people up discriminating and being racist for real.

But to me it sometimes seems like u guys are like just looking for racism. Last week a dutch headcoach was fired from fc cinciatti. He sang along w a rap song w his team (that included the n word) and he told stories about how he visited a museum about slavery. A few of his players were not happy, he got fired and all of america called him a racist. That man is one of the nicest people ever and he worked w so many cultures lol he is the opposite of a racist. He made one big mistake: he should have known that the n word carries a lot of bagage in the US and slavery is a heavy subject to talk about.. that was stupid and dumb. But its f---ing ridiculous that he gets blasted and called racist when all he did was make a mistake and had nothing but good intentions!

Same w concert visitors. A racist wouldn't pay money to see a black artist let alone sing or rap along w them wouldn't they? Most people have no clue they just appreciate the art, know every word to their songs and passionately sing or rap along w it.. how are they racist when they do that? I don't do it, I replace the wordt or skip it.. but can u really blame a 14 year old girl that has no idea singing along w her favorite song? Some pple on this forum actually think that way and that disturbs me.

Bcause like u said, there are larger topics at hand (including actual racism, trump, g--- and drug problems) and I personally think you guys should focus on that instead of bullying a coach w good intentions or some people appreciating their favorite artist.

But hey this is how I see it as a European I'm not saying u are wrong if u think otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress NEW EM - APRIL 5th.

Feb 22, 2020
    Nah, clearly recorded recently, can tell by his voice.

500 mg likes this.
    500 mg likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 22, 2020
    If I recall correctly I made the comment about black pete in reference to how of course you would not understand racism in America completely (and I don't mean this to insult you at all, just pointing out the difference in our cultures) when you live in a country where having a character that wears blackface called Black Pete isn't considered racist.

Didn't hear about the Cincinnati thing but I just read up on it. I don't think he sounds like a racist from what I read but I think if you have any job in the USA you need to have a better understanding of race relations in our country—and I get why black players wouldn't be comfortable with a coach who doesn't understand race in america even if he didn't mean anything bad by it. However I agree with you that situations like this should be used a lesson to teach people, not as a punishment to shame them.

I very much disagree with you about the concert thing, however. There are tons of people who like rap but are still racist. It's in the same territory as the "I have a black friend so I can't be racist" thing.

At the end of the day there's still a huge portion of white people in the USA who would rather listen to rappers who look like them. There's a reason macklemore won over kendrick, kanye, drake, AND jay-z at the grammys (like despite that jay album not being all that great, just look at that legendary lineup and think about that lol), there's a reason post malone is so popular, and as eminem said himself "if I was black I woulda sold half" (to nip this in the bud: stans, I am not saying this means he isn't worthy of all his accomplishments, he's an extremely skilled rapper). I know this is anecdotal evidence but I put "talk about rap with me" in my tinder profile and so many white girls wanted to talk about, like, g-eazy, post malone, f---ing yung gravy.

I don't blame a 14 year old for not getting something like that—like I said, these types of situations where it's clearly well-intentioned or misguided ignorance/innocence should be used to teach, not to shame. But any white adult rap fan in the USA (and hopefully outside, too) who genuinely loves and appreciates the art form and knows its history would understand why they shouldn't say the n-word. I've met black people who don't care if white people sing along to a song with the n-word in it, I've met black people who do care. What you have to realize is that no single black person is a spokesperson for all blackness and at the end of the day the history behind the n-word vastly outweighs the slight inconvenience of people having to skip or replace a word in a song.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. Guma

Feb 22, 2020
    No, I only implied that media is making it a bigger problem than it really is for ratings and in effect causing a division.
    I already knew your answer. The problem is, because of USA poking their filthy nose in other countries affairs we have these dumb people saying the same stuff here even though things are different here.
    Please don't go that route.
    Are you talking about that situation on Kendrick concert? In that case I agree.

If you guys are talking about this she was probably nervous being there on stage and how people cannot understand that fact is beyond me. The girl was clearly set up by Kendrick and he should have known better than shame her.
    I feel like it goes both ways there are black people that won't listen/give props to a white rapper simply, because he is white. I don't say either of those is right or wrong though. Just making an observation.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. JulnHT

Feb 22, 2020
    that it is still necessary to talk about skin colours in 2020 is so stupid

n9ne likes this.
    n9ne likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Feb 22, 2020

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Feb 22, 2020
    whole thread a bad f---ing look

smh

Xmipod and DKC like this.
    Xmipod and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 22, 2020
    Lol I’ve been at a Kendrick show where he pulled a white person on stage and what do you know, they didn’t say the N word like that loser girl

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. joeyp363

Feb 22, 2020
    Racism doesn’t exist anymore. It’s 2020 lol

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 22, 2020