Futbol/Soccer Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

Started by Flacko, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Alpha

Alpha

Feb 28, 2020
    @Fire Squad Was too disappointed after the loss, didn't feel like posting then. Zidane made crucial mistakes with his changes that lead to the defeat. Subbing Vini off was a no no.

I don't have much to say, but if Real Madrid don't leave el clasico with the 3 points, I think that's the finish line and that would pretty much mean me losing interest and being done with them till the rest of the season, unless they manage to turn the tie around in few weeks...

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Mar 1, 2020
    @Alpha @Owl We did it!!!!!!!

Massive massive win, I only caught the last 30 mins but boy this is exactly what we needed. This will Lord willing be the first of many games Vinicius will torture that Blaugrana backline, great run and some good luck there on the finish. Some heroic defending in the end (Imma watch the highlights to see what I missed) but man that Mariano goal was the icing on the cake.

It's our league to lose at this point and hopefully this is that shot of motivation that we've so desperately needed this past wretched week. City can win the UCL Idc, I just wanna lift this d--- league title.

Alpha, OwI and Guma like this.
    Alpha, OwI and Guma like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  3. Alpha

Alpha

Mar 1, 2020
    A very necessary win for the title race, but most importantly mentally, their head is back in the game, a confidence boost moving forward till the rest of the season. This way, they have a better chance of turning the tie around.

The team was absolutely brilliant today. That Spirit. enough said. A perfect night, especially with how CR7 was in attendance in the stands.

Happy for Vini, hopefully this is the first of his many of his goals, this match was the game that made him and there's just no better way. Mariano did in a minute what Benzema couldn't do in 90 minutes. I always knew Mariano had a potential. I've watched him since his Castilia days and man he has that lethal striker characteristic and he showed a glimpse of it tonight and against Atleti in the super cup final when he came on, he was close to scoring more than once. I hope this is not the last that we will see of him. Players like him, Vini, Rodrygo & Jovic require time and need more playing time.

Every man did his job tonight and more. Real Madrid were simply just all over the pitch. Carvajal & Marcelo found their ace again. Casemiro, Valverde & Courtois our three best players throughout the season, consistency.

Could not have wished for a better scenario. I'm pleased. It was a good night for all Madridistas. Hala Madrid.

OwI and Fire Squad like this.
    OwI and Fire Squad like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  4. Alpha

Alpha

Mar 8, 2020
    @Fire Squad I'm so done with Benzema after tonight. His presence is doing more bad to the team than good. What a brilliant assist chief. Zizo's fault as well for always relying on him. Mariano came on around 70th minute and had more shots than him.

Fire Squad and Guma like this.
    Fire Squad and Guma like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  5. Fire Squad

Mar 8, 2020
    Didn’t catch the game sadly, but this result really blows. Playing Betis in the Villamarin is always a trap game, I’ll check it out when I get the chance to see what went wrong. Judging from your reaction I can assume our #9 still hasn’t found his groove again since he came back.

Considering that nonsense that happened in the Camp Nou yesterday, this title race is gonna go down to every last little detail. Zizou needs to realize this sooner rather than later.

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  6. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 9, 2020
    wtf i thought you were chelsea

Mar 18, 2024
  7. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 9, 2020
    We are looking at the next Cesc Fabregas with Billy Gilmour

Mar 18, 2024
  8. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 10, 2020
    I was. But always had love for city. Chelsea have an evil russian owner. City has a gulf brother

Jakey likes this.
    Jakey likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  9. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 10, 2020
    I guess thats fair enough. Although Im not gonna take bad mouth about Roman.. easily one of the most passionate owners in football over the past 20 years.

Oldboy likes this.
    Oldboy likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  10. Fire Squad

Mar 10, 2020
    Josip Illicic for Ballon D'Or 2020-21 :banderas:

Statistically speaking he's up there with the best and the things he does on the field are finally coming into fruition after so many years of sporadic brilliant & madness. Keeping an eye to see if Atalanta can make a run in this UCL, but for now enjoy:

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  11. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Mar 10, 2020
    no ramos
    no marcelo
    no courtois
    maybe no carvajal if he really got corona virus

Mar 18, 2024
  12. OwI

Mar 10, 2020
    wolves offering €80 m for james rodriguez
    :')

Mar 18, 2024
  13. Fire Squad

Mar 11, 2020
    Some wild stuff happened:

Only saw the first half of PSG-BvB. PSG finally looked more comfortable instilling Tuchel's possession machine with those brutal overloads and line-dragging movements, Dortmund couldn't quite figure it out and suffered extensively without the ball. Neymar scored the most un-Neymar goal in his career and it was practically sentenced once Bernat slipped in the 2nd. Tough luck for BvB, but I hope they do well in the Bundesliga. A healthy Neymar & Mbappe is very likely to finally push this d--- team all the way.

The Liverpool-Atleti game was madness. Despite Oblak doing Oblak things, Liverpool looked like they had it in the bag in the 2nd half. More so when Firmino got the 2nd, but this game can never be defined with purely stats & analytics; Adrian blew it with that horrendous clearance and Marcos Llorente, who is known for everything but scoring goals, pulled one back,,,and then again. Apparently Morata added another as I was typing this, it's a bitter pill to swallow for Liverpool but hey at least you guys won the league in stunning fashion. Idk what to make of this Atleti team, this was a freak result against a team that by the nature of how they play, was the antithesis to Klopp's gameplan. But for all we know, Atletico could make a run too!

Ordinary Joel, OwI and Alpha like this.
    Ordinary Joel, OwI and Alpha like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  14. Alpha

Alpha

Mar 11, 2020
    Didn't watch BVB vs PSG, but apparently it seems like Dortmund couldn't do much even with an empty Parc de Frans stadium... shame.

Atleti are definitely gunning for the UCL trophy after these recent years of them being close. Their chances this year are better than ever after tonight.

All the English teams lost at home in the knock out phase... Hoping Real Madrid can cause an upset at Etihad stadium next week.

In other news, Juventus defender Rugani tested positive for Corona Virus and apparently a player from Hannover FC as well.

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  15. marshmallow

Mar 12, 2020

Imagine getting triggered by a 19 years old. Small club mentality

Fire Squad and Alpha like this.
    Fire Squad and Alpha like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  16. Alpha

Alpha

Mar 12, 2020
    @Fire Squad La Liga is suspended until further notice. A player from RM Basketball team tested positive for corona, since they share the same training facility, Real Madrid squad in quarantine. The match vs city most likely to be called off.

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  17. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Mar 12, 2020
    Rumors are that it will be announced today that the whole CL is gonna be delayed

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  18. OwI

Mar 12, 2020
    ugh corona fr f---ing s--- up
    stay safe everyone

Alpha and Fire Squad like this.
    Alpha and Fire Squad like this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  19. Alpha

Alpha

Mar 13, 2020
    I believe this is the first time in history that European football and the sporting events all around the world are postponed since World War 2

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
  20. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Apr 6, 2020
    RIP Peps mom

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Mar 18, 2024
Live Thread