NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Feb 28, 2020
    I think his best destination would be LAC. Tampa Bay would be solid too imo. I still think he stays with NE though.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 28, 2020
    Yea I just can’t imagine him playing anywhere else. It would just look too weird. Even more so than Manning in Denver

TimmyT and Enigma like this.
    TimmyT and Enigma like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. dna hits

Feb 28, 2020
    Even if he went to Dallas, I see the eagles more of a threat. Brady’s stats have been garbage the past few years. I think the giants could pose a more dangerous threat than the cowboys tbh. From the info being released today, Brady may even go to the chargers. And if the cowboys over pay for Dak, Cooper is going to another team. We’ll see how good Dak is without relying on Cooper. It’s pretty f---ing sad the cowboys are seriously considering bringing Dez Bryant back this season. I think they’re preparing for it in case they lose Cooper. There’s something the cowboys don’t like with Dak, or they would have already over paid him. I mean you can’t have a losing record and any team you play above .500 you get blown out and lose like Dak did. I think Jones knows overpaying for Dak is going to destroy their franchise.

The patriots already openly are offering Brady good money for 2 years. From the reports today, Brady just isn’t interested in going back to the team. I could see Brady going back to the patriots, if the patriots could sign Cooper for him, from what I was reading. And the fact Brady and Belichick haven’t personally spoken yet, shows me there’s some heat there. The thing with Brady is he’s a system QB for the pats. He’s no Favre or Manning who can just go to a new team and be a gunslinger. He’s not built like that. I think it shows with the lack of interest of teams not wanting Brady.

Apr 19, 2024
  4. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 28, 2020
    Nah Dak just thinks he’s better and worth more than he really is. Dallas has already offered him way more money than he should get and he’s denied those contracts multiple times. I hope the franchise him this year, a new CBA gets approved, and then they can’t use a tag on Cooper with the limit being one with the new proposed agreement. Then next off season give Dak 40 million and watch the team fall apart.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. dna hits

Feb 28, 2020
    What’s happening with Dak? Are you ready to admit Dak isn’t worth the money he wants? You may lose Dak and Cooper for Brady, but at least you’re going to get Dez Bryant back lmfao He’s not going to Tampa Bay. Possibly the chargers.

Apr 19, 2024
  6. dna hits

Feb 28, 2020
    I totally agree with this. In Dak’s head, he’s a top 3 qb in the league. And I’ve said the same thing about Dak before. It’s going to be hilarious when Dak gets the franchise tag. I think Jones would rather re-sign cooper to keep him happy. They can always get another average QB like Dak.

But to your comment about not being able to see Brady anywhere else. Everyone thought the same thing about Brett. Also people were saying Manning just wouldn’t look right in a different uniform. This scenario isn’t any different. It’s just Brady’s stats are terrible at this point and he looks awful, compared to Manning and Favre who were still showing potential.

Apr 19, 2024
  7. Enigma

Feb 28, 2020

Im more torn on Dak than I was last off-season. He played great this past season: 4th in QBR; 1st in DYAR; 10th in PFF grade. He was in the MVP race for a good chunk of the season. If Dak is the QB I saw last season & his rookie season—I don’t mind paying him whatever the market price is. The question is can he be that player consistently? I don’t know. I suppose a franchise tag would probably be the best solution but then if he goes & plays great again next season + if Mahomes gets his inevitable record breaking extension, Dak’s price tag is going to sky rocket. All in all, I’m pretty indifferent about whether to franchise him or extend him. I think the front office needs to just get either or done.

dna hits and Boos like this.
    dna hits and Boos like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 28, 2020
    That Zeke contract really screwed you guys this off season lol. No way you guys should have payed him

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. Enigma

Feb 28, 2020
    That remains the dumbest decision we could have ever made. What’s even more infuriating about it is if Jerry had just waited out a bit longer, at least until the first couple games of the season, he would have saw Tony Pollard become a star in Zeke’s absence & likely would have been less inclined to pay him. Now, Byron Jones is on his way out because of that contract.

Apr 19, 2024
  10. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 28, 2020
    Right on his way to philly :jaydaps:

Apr 19, 2024
  11. dna hits

Feb 28, 2020
    I agree on almost everything said here. Except that Dak was in the MVP race a good chunk of the season. Skip Bayless was the only sport analysts saying that until the cowboys completely lost it all together. But I can see Cowboy fans thinking he was part of the the mvp race when he really wasn’t. He got real lucky having the stats he did because of their extremely easy schedule at the beginning of the year. The first 4 weeks isn’t a good chunk of the season. The thing with Mahomes, is that he deserves the next record breaking qb contract. Dak just isn’t on that level.

In Dak’s defense, they pay Zeke a lot of money or he was threatening to sit out. If they’re just going to franchise tag Dak, should Dak do the same thing and just say he’s not showing up, until they reach an agreement. I honestly couldn’t blame Dak, if he went that route. I also think Dak should have took the cowboys most recent offer that he denied. I thought it was a fair deal for him and he still would have been one of the top paid qb’s.

Basically, would you be fine with Dak saying he’s sitting out over the franchise tag, unless they pay him? I also think Dak is being a little selfish. Do you want a good team and go to the Super Bowl or just be a team barely missing the playoffs every year. Tom Brady sacrificed money to have a good team in his prime days. If Dak wants to be over paid, say goodbye to your top target cooper. They’ll lose too many pieces and won’t be a threat in the nfl. It’s easy for me to say all that, but it would be hard in Dak’s shoes atm.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Enigma

Feb 28, 2020
    I’ll never shame football players for sitting out & wanting to get paid what they feel their worth is. This is a violent sport & Dak has been getting paid pennies compared to his actual worth/market value up to this point. On any given snap, your career can be over. You have to get paid while you can in this league because it doesn’t last forever. Brady took cuts after already playing for a decade & making millions. Dak has only made 4th round rookie contract money which is nothing compared to his actual worth.

TimmyT likes this.
    TimmyT likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. dna hits

Feb 28, 2020
    Yeah I agree. Plus Brady’s wife made a s--- ton of money. I can’t blame Zeke getting paid either though. Especially for what the cowboys offered him. Zeke robbed them basically. A running back has the shortest career length in football so they have to get paid. I still have physical problems just from being a running back since elementary and started tackle football in 4th grade. I couldn’t imagine the long term damage running backs at the nfl level will suffer from when line backers are running a 4’4 these days. At least the nfl tries to protect qb’s.

If I was Dak, I’d threaten to sit out. I wouldn’t show up during camp until the last couple days just so your body gets use to the equipment and you get through the soreness period. The bad thing for him is almost every team has their qb and the worst teams will take a chance on drafting a qb before paying him over 40 million. f--- camp and risking an injury during the preseason until he does come to a agreement.

A few sport analysts actually claimed Jerry is prepared to play without Dak. Idk if their source is legit or not. I was trying to think who Jones could grab to replace Dak. Maybe Bridgewater. I want Jerry to come straight out and admit what he sees in Dak that worries him. There’s obviously something.

Apr 19, 2024
  14. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Feb 29, 2020
    Tony Romo is getting 17 million per year to be an analyst for CBS. :emoji_astonished:

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Enigma

Feb 29, 2020
    Can’t wait for him to be the first player/analyst to be in the HoF :allears:

Apr 19, 2024
  16. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Feb 29, 2020
    i didn't know an analyst could make that much. speaking of former cowboys QBs, troy aikman is another guy who i think does a great job analyzing/commentating.

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Enigma

Mar 1, 2020
    Hot take: the 6 teams who pick after the Bengals (Redskins, Lions, Giants, Dolphins, Chargers & Panthers) should draft Tua if he’s available. Drafting any other player with Tua available would be a mistake for any of these teams.

Apr 19, 2024
  18. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Mar 1, 2020
    i'm not saying the Giants or Redskins shouldn't take Tua, but its unlikely they will because both teams recently used a first round pick on a QB. teams normally don't select QBs in the first round in back to back years, or even after a few years. now there are exceptions, like what the cardinals did with josh rosen and kyler murray. but in the vast majority of cases, you don't see teams taking QBs in the first round in back to back years.

you really think they should give up on Haskins and Jones so soon? i thought Jones rookie season was encouraging.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Enigma

Mar 1, 2020
    Yeah I don’t expect either Washington or NY to pull the trigger but they would be smart to. I think teams are too complacent when it comes to finding franchise QBs. You need to be more aggressive. Haskins & Jones were both decent last season & you hope they can improve because they’re young but that’s not certain (Trubisky, Mariota, Winston, Allen etc haven’t exactly panned out). Tua is a better prospect coming out of college than either of them. You draft him for insurance & either way, you have a ton of trade capital. It’s honestly a win-win. Without a franchise QB, your team is bad anyways. Invest in finding that guy then build around him.

P.S. what the Cardinals did was a great example. They made the right decision & now have a young promising QB—much more so than the one they traded.

Apr 19, 2024
  20. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Mar 1, 2020
    Jones the jury is still out on. Haskins will be trash

Apr 19, 2024
Live Thread