Eminem [ALBUM] Eminem - "Music To Be Murdered By"

Started by SHUDEYE, Jan 17, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 30, 2020
    to be honest I got bored and quit listening to it when i hit darkness lol but here's what I had, I'll finish the rest maybe today

6. In Too Deep—Another song about a made-up relationship. Doesn't really sway me one way or the other. The beat is hypnotic enough that it makes it less boring than the average soulless 2010s em song.

7. Godzilla—Great song other than the choppy passage in the third verse. Supersonic flow I can take or leave. Juice WRLD Hook is amazing, wish he could have recorded a verse for this. :emoji_slight_frown: Probably Em's best/most fun post-hiatus single.

Apr 18, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Mar 30, 2020
    What choppy passage u mean? And yah finish it!!

Apr 18, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 30, 2020
    choppy's the wrong word, I meant the part where he raps like big sean does when he sounds like he rapped over a different instrumental. This part:

But I tell a b---- I'll marry her if she'll bury her
    Face in my genital area, the original Richard Ramirez
    Cristhian Rivera, 'cause my lyrics never sit well
    So they wanna give me the chair
    Like a paraplegic, and it's scary, call it Hari Kari
    'Cause e'ry Tom and d-ck and Harry carry a Merriam motherfuckin' dictionary on 'em
    Swearing up and down they can spit, this s---'s hilarious
    It's time to put these b------s in the obituary column
    We wouldn't see eye to eye with a staring problem
    Get the shaft like a steering column (Monster)

Buddha, CBear, Rodamon and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Mar 30, 2020
    Agree. Start of the verse is dope flow wise though

Apr 18, 2024
  5. Trevor the GOAT

Trevor the GOAT Relapse 2 DOA

Mar 30, 2020
    I love Godzilla, but this offbeat section hurts my head every time. Should've been axed.

Spatula, DKC and Evad like this.
    Spatula, DKC and Evad like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  6. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Mar 30, 2020
    What a beautiful album, still listen to it daily. I find Never Love Again incredibly soothing before bed. Something about it so melancolic and easy.

Apr 18, 2024
  7. Sodium Chloride

Mar 30, 2020
    That Third verse beat >>>

ETERNAL, Tal and Spatula like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Sodium Chloride

Mar 30, 2020
    Because he doesn’t yell anymore. Recovery is great but production and yelling is killing it. 7/10 this one is 9/10

Apr 18, 2024
  9. joeyp363

Mar 30, 2020
    Jesus Christ...

Apr 18, 2024
  10. eddie313

eddie313 MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

Mar 30, 2020
    Ya Em scored big time before the whole virus thing came...thankful..I bump most of the songs everyday

ETERNAL, Tal, Spatula and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. froboy6942

Mar 31, 2020
    How r-----ed are people? Are y'all 12 years old or just brain dead? Em reached the level where he could collaborate with literally anyone in music over two f---ing decades ago. Any and every type of collaboration (unreleased) has been done that Em wanted, felt compelled to do, or the label wanted has been done. The real question is the level of quality due to various circumstances.

thunderface likes this.
    thunderface likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. froboy6942

Mar 31, 2020
    If Em was more open about his anger during Recovery then people wouldn't dog him for his yelling. Imagine Eminem with his JDGAF vibe during that time!!?? He probably has records raping Kim, her lovers, killing Hailie's crushes, etc. that would make for some great music!! A big issue is Em not understanding which mature music versus immature the public needs. DRUNK!

Apr 18, 2024
  13. CityFan

Mar 31, 2020
    Honestly think Kamikaze better than MTBMB

It’s still good though

JulnHT and Z Gangsta like this.
    JulnHT and Z Gangsta like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Mar 31, 2020
    I pretend Never Love Again is about my p--- addiction.

Apr 18, 2024
  15. CHAMO

Mar 31, 2020
    em could finish his rap career with M2BMB and id be happy tbh. Kami and M2bmb were both 9/10 albums IMO

Apr 18, 2024
  16. Jb27

Mar 31, 2020
    Hearing any of that kind of music from Eminem would not work. Been a fan since The Slim Shady Lp, and Eminem has been my favorite rapper since the Eminem show. Say all that to say in no way at 30 years old do I want to hear anyone rapping about the things you mentioned.

Apr 18, 2024
  17. CSA

CSA Architect

Mar 31, 2020
    Lol. Yeah just because you want and it wouldn't even change any rating to any album by anybody, he should have released records about killing Kim and rapng her Hailie's bfs etc. Who gives a f--- anymore ? Plus, why would he ruin his relationship with Hailie for bunch of dumbasses like yourself.

asvdawg and Jb27 like this.
    asvdawg and Jb27 like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  18. Sodium Chloride

Mar 31, 2020
    Can’t wait for the rumored Justin Bieber feature. There is a photo of Justin dressing up like in the Berzerk video for the collaboration. He also said it will be a mature song.

Apr 18, 2024
  19. froboy6942

Apr 1, 2020
    I respect your opinion but disagree on hearing that type of content. I believe if he stayed true to the authentic zany/slim shady vibe he could’ve made it work. There’s plenty of ways Em could’ve taken that. Not just his vague shock factor bs. You sound like the people who believed it was merely “sleep exhaustion” when he checked into rehab in Brighton (where I grew up and was a patient) back in 2005

Apr 18, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 1, 2020
    Holla @ me if you wanna be tagged when I post more
    @Michael Myers @Zhaddow

8. Darkness—I appreciate what he was doing this song. Cool/creative concept but I don’t think it’s this amazing revelation at the end—people were acting like it was like watching The Usual Suspects for the first time in 1995 or something (and he actually refs this movie in the song I just noticed lol)…it becomes pretty obvious what’s going on fairly early on in the song.

But I also don’t think it has to be this amazing revelation for it to be a good song or to execute the concept well. It reminds me of when people were talking about how complex the narrative good kid, m.A.A.d. city had when its narrative is very simple…but it being simple isn’t a bad thing! Because it executes a simple narrative extremely well.

I’m personally not too big on the song sonically. It’s not something I’m gonna be listening to often, but there’s no denying it’s a great song. When Em gets narrative songs right like this, they really hit. Also, I lol’d @ the end of the music video when it tells you to visit eminem.com for more information about gun violence lololol like Eminem dot com is the premium source where people would go to learn about gun violence.

9. Leaving Heaven—Beat knocks, this is the type of stuff Em is great rapping over…but unfortunately I find the song to be a bit generic. Don’t really like the instrumental change during the chorus, copy and paste skylar grey hook. There’s some choppy parts—it’s cool when he does the triplet flow in double time but it goes on a little too long. Musings on fame and being poor we’ve heard before on much better songs.

Why is he still talking about D’Angelo Bailey? Why is he still yelling about his dad like a teenager? If you’re not over your high school bully at 47 you need therapy.

At least it has this: “Okay, so while Macklemore was keeping his room nice and neat/I was getting my a--- beat twice a week” lmao

10. Yah Yah—I’ve been vocal that this is one of the best songs from the start, and my opinion hasn’t changed. Q-Tip hook is insanely good, beat/butsa sample is flames, Royce and Black Thought verses are fantastic, and this type of stuff is where Em truly shines: competitive raps without delving into rapidity rap territory, legitimately having fun at rapping, and showing just how much he respects the genre.

Say what you want a bout his output, but you can’t deny that Em truly respects the art of rap and knows its history.

11. Stepdad Intro—lol

12. Stepdad@Charlie Work once mentioned that listening to Future's "Tony Montana" nearly 10 years later borderlines on self-parody, and that's how I feel about Em and this hook, but much worse. It's grating. These types of songs could be endearing when he was younger but I just don't f---ing care at this point. People us the term embarrassing too loosely when talking about rap, but I can’t imagine being older than 17 and not being embarrassed to play this in public. In fact I instinctively turned this down when it started so my roommate wouldn’t hear me listening to it lol. It makes “Insane” look like “Lose Yourself.”

I understand that some people have had abusive parents and can relate, but the execution of this song is horrible and immature. Next.

asvdawg, emanisbetter, Xmipod and 4 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
Live Thread