Serious Coronavirus Official Thread (COVID-19 discussion and prepping)

Started by RetiredAccount, Mar 1, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 3, 2020
    We’ll get modest action from some western countries; a pledge from the UN to better prepare for another pandemic like this. China will probably be sanctioned & they’ll promise to regulate their wet markets more (which they probably won’t fully uphold). They’ll be efforts to improve response time & preparedness but if you’re expecting change that’s going to alter society, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Especially not in countries like China. Economies will eventually recover just like they have in previous global recessions & inequality will continue to rise drastically.

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 3, 2020
    it already has. sooooooooooooo???????????

yeah but this is the first time where the entire world is on lockdown. even during WW eras, you could still go to the shop and buy a car at 5000% mark-up. everyone is in a state of uncertainty and are demanding action/answers etc. Governments will LITERALLY have to play the good guy for the next 6 months or they risk losing their position or civil unrest like the LA riots on a country wide scale.

this is foresight to a pandemic... you glossed over the part where i said the changes would be in relation to global economy/climate... You probably know nothing of these changes because you are blinded by your "all gubmints are bad!!!" bandwagon

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Enigma

Apr 3, 2020
    As I said, for the time being. I don’t have a lot of faith that systems of governments which cater towards the wealthy/elite are all of a sudden going to do what’s right for the general public. If you’re optimistic about that then I commend you. I just don’t see that happening.

President of the United States literally told the state of New York that they were lying about needing more medical equipment while people are dying in hospital hallways. There are a dozen states that haven’t even issued stay-at-home orders yet. There should be a lot more outrage than there is now but there isn’t. If things get Great Depression level bad, maybe but we’re not there.

Then be specific. What “global economy/climate changes” are you expecting?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 3, 2020
    the ones we've already seen

blah blah blah in america blah blah blah. i'm talking about the entire world, not your country that apparently has the sun revolving around it. get out of your bubble

how does stopping the price of rent, or mortgage and loan repayments (things that non-wealthy people get to afford essentials/housing) cater to the elites? again, get out of your bubble, this is a global pandemic and it's affecting the world on a global scale.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 3, 2020
    We need to sanction the f--- out of China - Sent from my mobile phone made in China, while wearing my Nikes made in China, standing next to the American flag made in China

Apr 19, 2024
  6. Enigma

Apr 3, 2020
    Such as...?

Great. What other countries do you want to cut out of “the entire world?” China? Russia? You think these governments are going to drastically change anything once the pandemic is over?

It’s taken a global pandemic for governments to take these kind of actions. They quite literally were left with no other choice. So do I expect once the tide turns, governments will all of a sudden be responsible & plan accordingly? Maybe some. The Spanish Flu killed 10+ million people world wide & here we are over a century later.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 4, 2020
    are you... not on social media? do you not have an understanding that if factories globally cease activity the effects it has on climate change? I'm not going to hand feed you, but i will give you some bare-bones examples without a source cause f--- you lazy white c----.
    canals in venice are crystal clear, dolphins are nearing the asian coasts, wildlife running through urban areas, factories and warehouses with significant carbon footprints are completely shutdown etc...

i am drunk so may not be exact but there is over 190 countries and you named 2 (maybe inferred 3?).... But yes lets entertain your narrow minded view, China will inevitably have to answer to their constant bs-artistry, there is already NUMEROUS articles stating that distrust of the CCP is rising exponentially from non-Chinese countries. Russia could possibly overtake US as the new "#1" country in various ways/misshaps.

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 4, 2020
    yeah, i remember when internet and the entire world was connected and we got the spanish flu epidemic, there was no misinformation or propaganda at all!
    like seriously what are you getting at? like 90% of governments around the world are being "responsible and planning accordingly" due to the virus. get yaself that $1200 of trump bucks and give it to me for artwork from Australia, to boost Australia's revenue (in the slightest way possible) if you feel that america is such a terrible place/you hate american govt that much???? believe it or not, in this current age, political figures are held to a much higher standard, it's probably unrecognized by you because trump is a literal 50% love/hate split in your country (just about). As an example, the Aus' PM made some stimulus packages, which the country is just about divided on, but majority think/know it will inevitably boost the economy - even if they get no benefits from it/the s--- end of the stick.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 4, 2020
    btw: CDC updated guidelines about masks today, recommending people make their own cloth masks to wear when going out in public. I think @Slyk's info about it being airborne is looking more likely

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html

Apr 19, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 4, 2020
    also @dna hits please stop stalking members and posting personal info about them here. Anything people post themselves on the forum is fair game to roast them for, but looking for info about their job, friends, etc. on linkedin/social media or whatever isn't cool

Ordinary Joel, Ricky, Enigma and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. dna hits

Apr 4, 2020
    Fair enough. But I never posted where the person works, personal info for f---s sake. I posted one YouTube video that’s public. Tell him he should think twice before randomly attacking me next time. Or that never would have happened to begin with. This always happens, someone tries beefing with me then they end up shook crying to you once I decide to unleash on them. Tell him the rules apply to him too. Am I just supposed to sit there and let a middle aged man run down my throat? Come on. Regardless, I’m now 9-0.
    upload_2020-4-4_11-57-53.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 4, 2020
    Nah if someone attacks you you can attack them back, just don't be posting info about their boss and friends/coworkers and stuff

Ordinary Joel, Ricky and dna hits like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Ricky and dna hits like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Apr 4, 2020
    So what are we thinking for a timeline for normality? Things like the gym being open and people working. My gut is saying June/July at the earliest but realistically late August/September.

What are you guys thinking? I've got some major decisions to make.

Apr 19, 2024
  14. lil uzi vert stan

Apr 4, 2020
    You posted my dead boss' name, and a coworkers name you absolute piece of s--- lol. All because I encouraged you to do the one thing you're good at in life: get high and create videos displaying your pathetic life. Which you still haven't done, coward.

Stay hiding, p----.

Apr 19, 2024
  15. David26

Apr 4, 2020
    Next year.

what i did is re organize my new life like if we are going to stay like this forever. It’s a common technique used for people who are kidnapped or in limit situations

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 4, 2020
    I think by June we'll reopen everything. The cases should hopefully be going down by then and we may get a break with the warmer weather and then have to wait and see if it comes back in the fall. You can't keep these businesses shut until the last case is gone

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Mikey

Apr 4, 2020
    once anti body testing is out they'll re introduce those people immune to society should be within the next 2/3 months.
    That test will tell how many have had the virus.

They'll have more ICU beds everywhere in June/July & hopefully some drugs too.
    Even talks an emergency vaccine might be out before the end of the year
    Id say they'll be partial restrictions until September

Ordinary Joel, M Solo and Enigma like this.
    Ordinary Joel, M Solo and Enigma like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. dna hits

Apr 4, 2020
    Lmao. I said RIP in respect. s--- my d-ck with your momma lips

I’m sorry though Andy, I honestly didn’t take my medication last night and ended up being awake until like 4am. Lol at acting tough while reporting posts though, coward. I’m more chill tonight. This kind of behavior isn’t politically correct for this thread Andy. You took advantage of me and made me look like the bad guy last night, since I didn’t take my meds. I can’t help what I say or do, I have a doctors note that I sent to slyk to confirm it.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. dna hits

Apr 4, 2020
    Warm weather isn’t going to help near as much as Americans think. My uncle lives in Bolivia and the virus is there too (it’s not as bad but still), and it’s hot as h---. I have a bad feeling the virus will be around all summer long. Just hopefully by mid June, it dies down some and we have it more under control. Idk though, we haven’t bought any new equipment this year yet for a tax write off in case we’re f----- clear through July. Which the summer time is our prime business months.

At a church of 60 people recently, 45 out of the 60 people caught the virus they’re thinking mainly through singing together. I think there may be more to this virus scientists don’t even know yet.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 4, 2020
    Yeah I heard from a scientist that the virus watches the big b--- theory and owns two copies of Jesus is King which tells you how terrible it really is

Slyk and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Slyk and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024