Politics 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

Started by Enigma, Feb 19, 2019, in Life Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 31, 2020
    It's crazy how much people went from talking about the primary non-stop to just not caring at all in a matter of days lol. Obviously the crisis takes precedence right now, but I'm curious how people are feeling about a couple things right now:

1. Do you feel differently about the viability of Bernie's M4A platform with voters (whether or not you think it could get passed) now that we're in the midst of COVID?

2. How do you feel about voting Biden/Biden's viability with the sexual assault allegations?

Apr 19, 2024
  2. lil uzi vert stan

Mar 31, 2020
    no lol. both my astute observation, and backed up by what voters are saying

it's actual, literal bs - cheap anddesperate tactic to taint the democratic nominee and reelect trump. (also bernie bros are culpable. dumb, selfish horde of people honestly.)

there's a reason why it's only being peddled by russian bots and partisan leftists. sad the party is so willing to play this game given everything thats at stake - the primary is....over. as nate silver said yday anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. it actually disappoints and angers me you're even posing the question.

Swizz likes this.
    Swizz likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 31, 2020
    I asked these questions specifically because I haven't been paying that much attention since COVID started (and cuz, like you said, the primary is essentially over) and because I assumed people here would have some insight/relevant links. You don't have to treat me like I'm an idiot because I asked about something I didn't know about.

Apr 19, 2024
  4. lil uzi vert stan

Mar 31, 2020
    If you think I was treating you like an idiot that's projecting!!! Fact is, this 'allegation' is only on your radar because there's extremists desperate to push it mainstream, right? Bernie camp would loveeee to rehash this yet again in the slim hopes it'll turn the tide back their way. it's just so typical and outlandish. its a smear/whisper campaign, weaponizing #metoo against a politician who up until very recently was beloved by many of these so-called critics.

its like this narrative biden is hiding in a bunker. fact check: hes done more press than bernie! but he isnt a senator or president so hes at a disadvantage - both sides of the aisle are essentially colluding to present him as weak. dont fall for it. THATS THE ONLY INSIGHT THAT MATTERS HAHAHAH

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 31, 2020
    Apologies if I misinterpreted the tone but it felt like you were pooling me in with dumb/culpable bernie bros when you said it angered you and disappointed you that I'd ask. I've known Bernie was done since super tuesday, trust me lol.

Whenever I see any allegation during an election year I know that, whether true or not, the information was purposefully timed and it's always worth looking into further. I know that its intent was first and foremost to damage him no matter what lol. There's definitely some cognitive dissonance cuz it feels wrong to not believe a woman who says she was assaulted, but when a presidency is on the line I know some people will go to any length.

Anyway I'll read that article and let you know what I think.

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. lil uzi vert stan

Mar 31, 2020
    yeah i mean - how many women have outright accused trump? like hes a genuine monster ffs. biden is old school and perhaps handsy. is it possible he hit on her like 30 yrs ago? idk maybe? who cares honestly...

but youre right. ill also say we have to keep our wits when these timed allegations come out. as the piece underscores, women are complicated, fully capable of lying and being conniving for political ends same as men. its wrong to assume otherwise. (i know this is a delicate point but am i wrong?)

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 31, 2020
    No, you're 100% right about that. It's hard to talk about it because as a society we're still working to get people to believe women in the first place, and any instance of a woman lying about sexual assault just gives credence to people who think women are always lying about it. I'm glad that more and more people are believing women as a general rule, but that doesn't mean you can't (or shouldn't) ever look at a situation with skepticism.

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 4, 2020

great decision on the Biden campaign’s part.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 8, 2020

coalesce behind biden y’all. Coalesce.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Swizz likes this.
    Swizz likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Apr 8, 2020
    *rubs temples aggressively*

Reed Richards and Sea Mauville like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 8, 2020
    [​IMG]

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Sea Mauville

Apr 8, 2020
    goddamnit man

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. lil uzi vert stan

Apr 8, 2020
    good move. now itll be critical he keep his vindictive, self appointed base of moralizers engaged, and committed to defeating trump. too much at stake to whine and go home.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Apr 8, 2020
    I will be surprised if Biden wins against Trump.

I don't think Biden's going to win this hate to say it.

Apr 19, 2024
  15. Swizz

Apr 8, 2020
    I'm seeing a lot of this online. Don't really understand it

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Check a history of their head-to-head matchups above. (And take note, not that it matters now, but these numbers have always been better than Bernie's.) Biden's lead over Trump is persistent, and real. Biden is never lower than 48% and Trump never tops 46%. Biden's margin is never less than +4 (Hillary won the popular vote by 2). This is particularly telling because Trump is an incumbent - no one is waiting to make up their mind about Donald Trump until later in the year. Also, keep in mind that these bad head-to-head numbers for Trump persisted even last month, as he got a weird bump at the start of the COVID-19 outbreak and experienced his best approval numbers ever. This bump is already receding, but even while it was going on, he consistently lost to Biden

External factors matter of course and we have no clue what will happen between now and November. But common sense says that the current recession is much more likely to weaken Trump than to strengthen him, no?

I'm approaching this with humility, of course, after what happened in '16. Trump can clearly still win, he's going to have the advantage of the incumbency and tons of money. And we're polarized so a huge chunk of the country will vote for him no matter what (that's how we got here in the first place). But in what universe, looking at the numbers and the trajectory of this race (and the situation the country is facing), would you rather be Trump than Biden?

Enigma, DKC and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Enigma, DKC and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Apr 8, 2020
    I'm voting Biden come November, I don't want Trump to win.

Who will get the presidency will ultimately rely on the Electoral College which may be gerrymandered to favor Trump. If the Electoral College picks Biden than it'll be a miracle.

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Antman

Antman No Cap

Apr 8, 2020
    We gonna ignore Biden’s dementia? n----- can’t even string a sentence together

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Apr 8, 2020
    Trump eviscerating Biden at today's press conference. Jesus it's going to be a long 7 months.

He did raise a good question though. Where the f--- is Obama? Obama better be EVERYWHERE between now and November.

Translucent, Zeugma and DKC like this.
    Translucent, Zeugma and DKC like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. lil uzi vert stan

Apr 8, 2020
    He will be. Probably part of the reason there was pressure on bernie to drop out now -besides uniting the party -was it gives Obama the chance to get out there moving forward.

Apr 19, 2024
  20. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Apr 9, 2020

I accepted Bernie was not going to be the nominee a long time ago but Jesus f---ing Christ this is bad.

This wasn't a gaffe. This is dementia. He needs to get Obama out there ASAP, pick Warren as VP, pivot FAR to the left on a lot of issues(student loans, immediately) and stay off the television for as long as possible.

The only reason I'm not in full doomsday mode is because of the virus and Trump's failed response. I think right now it's 50/50 but wow this was bad.

Edit- Just saw Biden is going to forgive student loans. Smart move.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Apr 19, 2024