America is burning

Started by Kon, May 28, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

May 31, 2020
    He confused Zeugma with Xmipod so that isn’t that far fetched lmao.

Apr 20, 2024
  2. GOLOVKING

May 31, 2020
    The first thing the USA needs to do is vote Trump out of the White House. Then smash the reason why he got into it in the first place. Fascism needs to be challenged in every walk of life. White America needs to shake its head.

Apr 20, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 31, 2020
    That’s literally the whole point of these protests....people shouldn’t have to expect law enforcement to abuse their authority.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. Mikey

May 31, 2020
    there is something seriously wrong the police culture in the US.

they turn to violence far too easily

asvdawg, OwI, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

May 31, 2020
    after being out in L.A. again tonight, will simply reiterate that the police are absolutely, unequivocally the aggressors.

also: seeing bank windows broken, tags all over government buildings, and cop cars burning is an end in itself. the defacement is the point.

finally, there was a cvs which had its front window smashed in previously, and we watched some wannabe reporter with his cameraman lurk outside for ten minutes until someone came and ducked their head into the store, at which point these two losers sprung into action and tried to film a "news segment" about looting. this is exactly in line with what i've been saying in here, which is that this fixation on looting is obsessive and totally myopic, but it's the kind of sensationalist bs that gets a [ahem] certain kind of person riled up, so they keep rehashing it over and over. stop perpetuating that and maybe, i don't know, turn your focus to the police departments, which are a scourge on society.

case in point, from minneapolis:

Apr 20, 2024
  6. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 31, 2020
    What kinda worries me is that corona virus is still going on. Doctors and nurses are going to have big troubles soon. 2020 is not a good year.

asvdawg, Ordinary Joel, Kon and 4 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. paulye

May 31, 2020
    Crazy that Trump can say "s---t the looters" and it's like any other day in his presidency; that's just Trump.

Apr 20, 2024
  8. RG9

RG9

May 31, 2020
    There really is something inherently wrong with policing in the US. There’s way too many bloodthirsty cops for it to be just a few ‘bad apples’

Apr 20, 2024
  9. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

May 31, 2020
    Some stuff is hard to judge in real time with each little event that happens throughout history because history, events and changes occur over many decades and centuries even more. If you looked at European history (of which USA is a product of) you could trace back chains of events linked to each other that form the present day going back some 2500 years ago. The longest time Europeans haven’t been consistently at war with each other is like 75 years...and that’s being extremely generous by not include the Balkan s--- from the 90s as “European”.

People are used to the realities of the times they live in. Witnessing a witch or heretic burning at the stake might traumatise most Europeans today but 2 or 3 centuries ago wouldn’t even phase them.

USA is only like 240 something years old now. Before that it was british colonies for like 170 years. African slaves have been brought in NA since the colonies and into independence USA (I believe?) for about 400 years. Seeing slaves in their conditions being sold in cages, or lynched or burned alive (which happened too btw) would shock us now (h---, might even shock some “modern” racists), but back then it was just a normal part of life people were brought into raised into believing was normal.

Even if you were against it and thought “ya know, that’s kinda mean ain’t it?”, you wouldn’t be shocked by it if you were around back then. 3-4 centuries of slavery and brutality and racism so dehumanising is impossible to undo by simply “abolishing slavery” as a law some mere 150 years ago. Racism, whether intentional, inadvertent or inherent doesn’t just disappear from society simply because a law passes. Obviously, since lynching was still frequent til the 1930s and there was segregation til the f---ing 60s??? It wasn’t that “shocking” to see those things happening back in those relatively recent times either. even though blacks had already technically been “free” since 1865

1865 is only recent history if you consider the WHOLE of history and how societies develop and change. Segregation ending in the 60s is like f---ing yesterday in the grand scale of things. Do you think racism (which is a very complex thing and not always conscious or obvious) just f----- off and disappeared into thin air after the civil rights act of 64 or whatever?

f--- no. And if one of you fa----s mention that Obama was black I swear to god...of course today is progress to the 1600-1800s, I guess? Congrats?

And who knows about these protests, like I mentioned earlier, random, or seemingly at the time, unintentional or unrelated events (often violent, assassinations, massacres, revolution, rebellions, even non violent things) in history spanning a few or many centuries turned out to be a gradual work in progress to big changes, social or otherwise.

so yeah maybe history will see the LA and every race riot after that as related precursors to the step towards a greater good and be absolutely revolted at us (or more specifically, you, white Americans, shame on you cucks) for just reacting with “oh my gosh that’s awful, we should do something about that. However, looting is a no-no” at all these cases of cops killing blacks like this then and going about your day. Just like we look at those barbarians of every century in the past

Or maybe not, who the f--- knows. I personally see those germanic neanderthals who looted and sacked Rome as barbaric f---s. The glorious Empire should’ve slaughtered them all when they had the chance and we wouldn’t have had to deal with that whole bs of the 20th century

asvdawg, Fire Squad, M Solo and 5 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. Sav Stanfield

May 31, 2020
    I'm curious what everyone thinks the outcomes of this will be... will will everyone forget about it in a few weeks? Or go on for months like in Hong Kong? It feels like this is the start of something much bigger...

Apr 20, 2024
  11. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

May 31, 2020
    What? You don't remember Obama calling for Americans to k--- Americans?

M Solo and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    M Solo and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  12. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

May 31, 2020
    Or maybe we should’ve let our new Germanic overlords do their thing in Poland and the Netherlands and put one between the eyes of Michael Meyer’s and Guma’s grandparents so we wouldn’t have to see them here today being seemingly more outraged by shops being burned/looting. I mean you guys are obviously...you know....J-words, right?

Ordinary Joel, Zeugma and Oldboy like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Zeugma and Oldboy like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

May 31, 2020
    Frannnnnnnccccccccc

Guma, Ordinary Joel and Zeugma like this.
    Guma, Ordinary Joel and Zeugma like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 31, 2020
    I’ve made a ton of posts on the subject and I’m tired of going in circles so I’ll just leave it at we have a fundamental disagreement

Apr 20, 2024
  15. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 31, 2020
    CHINA!

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

May 31, 2020
    Like. I can super focus on JUSTICE FOR BLACK PEOPLE. and be on the streets like f--- the police. But then i turn and see ppl looting and be like thats not cool

u know

asvdawg, Slyk, Buddha and 4 others like this.
    asvdawg, Slyk, Buddha and 4 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 31, 2020
    I don't remember him posting stuff like that but if you can show me your responses to him I can see the deleted posts

Apr 20, 2024
  18. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 31, 2020
    It's been a hectic thread so you might have missed some of my posts but I'm not knocking you for being against stealing. I'm against stealing as a general rule...but at the same time, even during a non-riot situation I'm not concerned with someone stealing items from places like wal mart.

Do I personally steal from wal mart? No.

But am I concerned with other people stealing from wal mart? Also no.

Wal Mart is a huge corporation run by insanely rich people who treat their employees like s--- so why would I spend time and energy caring about a $500 loss from a stolen TV that's a drop in the bucket to them? They're gonna make it up instantly with the money they save from working people a half hour under full time so they don't have to give them health insurance or give them any paid days off. Wal-Mart doesn't need any more advocates. They have billions to advocate for them.

And that's part of what it comes down to: I think society agrees with the general concept of "stealing is bad" (basically every religious text has rules against theft, so this goes back centuries and millenniums). So I don't think anyone is truly "pro-theft" as a general rule.

Most of these vandalized chain stores don't need any advocates because we all already agree that stealing is wrong and they're heavily insured anyway. But the black community does need more advocates. I'm not worried about our society turning into one that thinks stealing is OK, but I am worried about what our society is gonna look like if we keep allowing cops to abuse their power and murder people.

I just think there are bigger things at hand right now and finger-wagging at people for stealing online will, like you said, just work to further divide the cause. People on the other side were going to find a way to try to divide us no matter what. If we as a society (myself included) had paid more attention to peaceful protest and taken it more serious (not only that—people in this country straight-up condemned their peaceful protest at football games) then it didn't have to come to this.

I know you can say "well they shouldn't have rioted to divide us in the first place" but at this point what else was there to do? I'm posing that as a genuine question because I do not know. People condemned the peaceful protest and nothing has changed. For black Americans this is literally a life or death situation.

Apr 20, 2024
  19. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

May 31, 2020
    s---

like. I know we will never agree. But i just want u to forcibly agree with me. Like do i need to loot ur f---ing house to make u agree with me

Apr 20, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 31, 2020
    Why is standing on a cop car a crime worthy of 12 cops beating you with nightsticks?

People are pushing back against the police as an institution.

Apr 20, 2024