Eminem 17 years ago today, Eminem performed his first show at Ford Field in Detroit

Started by EmzeeSlim, Jul 12, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. EmzeeSlim

Jul 12, 2020
    This legendary show has been sought after by many traders over the years, I know a few threads have been shared on this forum in the past looking for it. According to someone who went to the show that I've been in contact with, there was no security out front checking for camcorders and recorders which means there HAS to be some audience recordings out there somewhere, considering there were two nights with around 100 000 people attending in total.

Was anyone here active in the trading scene back in the day on mIRC or MSN, that's where the cam version of it originated from. Now 1-2 people in the world own the bootleg DVD as far as I know, blondy or angryblondy313 is confirmed to have it, any help tracing her down would be a huge help!

For more info on the show, I have it listed on my site: https://emzeeslim.wixsite.com/rapbootlegs

Thanks everyone!

Mar 29, 2024
  2. GrandTheftVirginity5

Jul 12, 2020
    What happened to your youtube channel?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. joeyp363

Jul 13, 2020
    This is a great piece of trivia, thanks. I’ll use it next time I play Trivia Pursuit. I also think I have this on VHS.

asvdawg likes this.
    asvdawg likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. EmzeeSlim

Jul 14, 2020
    In order to make/keep connections I needed to make, it was in everyone's best interest that I remove the content from my channel and refrain from posting anything. Sorry homie. But if you want, I'll clip out that part from the Reading Show you wanted with the moment of silence and send it to you.

GrandTheftVirginity5 likes this.
    GrandTheftVirginity5 likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. GrandTheftVirginity5

Jul 14, 2020
    Oh alright, I understand. And yea ig i’ll take that one clip, better than nothing. Thank you!

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Krazee D

Jul 31, 2020
    I was at this show. He came out on a hummer with kid rock. I was disappointed it was the same setup as the anger management 2 tour backdrop he used the year before.

Guma and kodo like this.
    Guma and kodo like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. joeyp363

Jul 31, 2020
    Who cares? Chevy trucks are better.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. GrandTheftVirginity5

Aug 1, 2020

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Bulliedbyricky

Bulliedbyricky S80 hostage

Aug 1, 2020
    Thank me later

Djalil and Z Gangsta like this.
    Djalil and Z Gangsta like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Djalil

Djalil Stanley & Mathew Mitchell's long lost Arab brother

Aug 9, 2020
    Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and this is my very first post... I've been looking every g.d. where for this 2003 Ford Field Concert but I couldn't find it nowhere yet... I've been in Europe for almost 3 years now (as I moved to France after college where I'm working right now but I've been wanting to get back home for good, in AZ, ever since March of this year but with this virus thing... Fack 2020 for real...) But anyway, being in France right now well, the YT video that was added right above, after some digging I was put in touch with a French former Stan, who said that he used to have it on VHS tape but after many times moving from home to home, he told me he didn't have it no more but that he knew at least 3 other ppl (also from Europe, 2 from the U.K. and 1 from Germany) who did have it but one of them (the German one) never responded... About the other two guys from the U.K., the first one got in touch with me and I said that I had litterally NOTHING to trade in exchange but that I'd be willing to PayPal him... We kinda agreed on a price but then when I asked about the actual concert... Like, we were chatting via WhatsApp and I told him (after he'd just said he still had a VCR) : "bruh could u please send me like a 40-50 seconds video of that concert that you've got on VHS tape so I can get just a sample of what I've been looking for so long? Plz" And brother never got back to me and had me blocked...

So I was like "he knew d--- well that I was never gonna pay him s--- unless I was sure to get what I wanted in return"... So I don't know why he still told me "yes, yes, don't worry mate I got you !" And spent time, trying to agree on a price since he was just playing... The other one that I was put in touch with recently, he was really straight and he told me something like "yeah that Ford Field concert is something that helped me make good money in the past tbh with you, I should've converted it onto my computer before because less than a year ago, my VCR died down and the only VHS tape that I had remaining was that concert, and when I "tried" to get the tape out of that player, the tape was heavily fckd up and completely irretrievable..." I am STILL trying tho... That last guy from the U.K. told me "I sold / traded a copy of it to a couple of people and tho I haven't been in touch with them ever since, I can still try to try and see if I'd be able to reach out to at least one of them... If I can secure that for you, I hope you'd take care of me regarding PayPal... I mean there's not much chances tbh, but if it does happen hopefully, I hope that you'd consider paying me too, even if it's just a little something..." So, I'm currently waiting for him to get back at me and I have tried to contact one trader from Canada, claiming on some website to have it on VHS and only for trading or good money..." So, I remain somehow a wee bit hopeful...

OK now I'm sorry for writing such a long message but this is just how bad I want it... There were also talks about "you know that concert helped me make money and have great things (very rare footage etc...) in return, so there's always that concern of : you're not gonna convert it onto your hard disk and upload it everywhere I hope..!?" Anyway... I'm done talking about that lol but as this is my very first post on here. I'm so glad to be a member of such a community... EmzeeSlim and a few others may remember me from that other community I was "part" of (well, I was signed in that's it... But I wasn't such an active member as now the Forum is undergoing some pretty fckd up technical issues and I just had it, for me it was mainly a source of information but the one thing that I've noticed here, it's that this one seems to be like bigger, still a whole lot of information but also ppl who seem to be "insiders" and that's really great, also there seems to be a lot of ppl who've been on such communities for a very long time... (Unlike myself, although I became a huge Em fan when I was a kid), when "My Name Is" started to play on rotation on the radio, MTV... Which made me wanna buy the album of course, I just remember that my dad was also "hit" by it and he was loving the album... I have to admit that it kinda brought me & my dad together lol. I'd became a full blown Stan by 2000... So I kinda grew up relating A LOT to his music... Not like an actual "Stan", taking everything seriously and stuff lol, but I remember begging my dad to take me out with him to Em's first tour in 99, but he had no date in AZ and I guess I was still too "young" to attend the SoCal show... Thankfully, after TMMLP hit the charts, I started to attend everytime he'd show up in Phoenix, AZ (or one time in late 2000, for his 1st Anger Management Tour, as he didn't have no date in Phx once again I went to the one in San Diego, CA with my father). Apart from that, I'm really excited about being now a member of this community !

جليل (Djalil)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Aug 10, 2020
    This is a lot of words and it's super early in the morning here. Anyway you can simplify it down?

BIGFOOT likes this.
    BIGFOOT likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 10, 2020
    can yous hut the f--- up lol?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Aug 10, 2020
    Can you f---ing overdose already?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Aug 10, 2020
    LMAO

BIGFOOT likes this.
    BIGFOOT likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. Djalil

Aug 11, 2020
    Lol sorry guys as it was my very first post on here, I kinda got carried out and introduced myself in addition to what I had to say about that Ford Field concert and the crazy resarches I been doing for a while to be able to buy a copy of it (which was d--- long already lol) so I apologize guys, I know I should've not talked about both things in the same post... Like how I got to be an Eminem fan ever since the beginning as a young kid and the most recent stuff that I encountered while I was tryna find someone who knows someone who might have a copy of this concert... I can't edit my s--- no more I don't know why maybe cuz of the browser I'm using on my phone... Anyways I'ma post a new one with just the concert stuff in it. Sorry again y'all !

جلييل (Djalil)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Djalil

Aug 11, 2020
    Hey again everybody, here's what I had to say about that concert (I think it's the only one he's done in north America that year I think). Also I'd like to know more precisely how many ppl were attending it (the crowd for night #1 & for #2..) I've been looking everywhere for that concert but I couldn't find it nowhere yet... I've been in Europe for almost 3 years now (I been wanting to get back home for good ever since March but with this Covid s--- going on... Still stuck here and as Em says in the intro of that concert "I don't even like Europe" LMAO). After some digging for a while now, I was put in touch with a former Stan from here in France (thx to that YT video posted by GustavoJax001) who said that he used to have it on VHS tape but after moving many times over & over again, he told me he didn't have it no more but he knew like 3 other ppl (also from Europe, 2 from the UK and 1 from Germany) who did have it but the German one never responded back. About the two other guys from the UK, basically the first one I got in touch with had me full of hope for a little while but then disappeared (told him that I litterally had NOTHING to trade in exchange but that I'd be willing to PayPal him...) We even agreed on a price and s--- but one time we were chatting via WhatsApp and I asked him (after he'd just said he still had a VCR) something like "bruh could u please send me like a 30-50 seconds video clip of that actual concert that you've got on VHS tape so I can sample the flavor of what I've been looking for so long? Plz". But he never got back to me and had me blocked...

The other one that I was put in touch with more recently, he was really honest and told me that not even a year ago, his VCR died down (with the VHS tape of the concert in it) and once he tried to get it out of it, the tape was heavily fckd up and completely irretrievable... But he also told me "I sold / traded a copy of it to a couple of people from around Britain tho, I ain't been in touch with them ever since but I can still try to try and see if I can reach out to at least one of them..." So I'm STILL fckn trying and pouring my heart out to get it (I didn't mention it in my long a--- post but some Swedish guy tried to scam me talking about he had it & s---...) So, I'm currently waiting for that last guy from the UK to get back at me and I also tried to contact one trader from Canada who was claiming on some website to have it on VHS tape too and he'd be willing to share it but only for trading or good money... And yesterday, as I was searching in every single g.d. language that I could speak... s--- some guy from my country of birth (Algeria) claims that he's got family member from the U.S. who apparently has it too (on one major Eminem Arabic Forum / Community), I checked out since when he was a member, how active he was and s--- so I figured "fck it I'ma hit this brother too"...

جليل (Djalil)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 17, 2020
    can you get f----- already?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Aug 17, 2020