America is burning

Started by Kon, May 28, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Sep 4, 2020
    changes absolutely nothing from the original tweet I posted.

Apr 24, 2024
  2. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Sep 5, 2020
    have you tried unplugging and replugging Portland back in after 10 seconds to see if it's riots still work?

asvdawg, DKC, Enigma and 5 others like this.
    asvdawg, DKC, Enigma and 5 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. JMG

JMG Teflon

Sep 5, 2020
    So you're okay with 7% of BLM being domestic terrorist to protest 2% of police being s-----y? but lets not act like your original tweet is accurate, just more fake news.

[​IMG]

Ordinary Joel, Michael Myers and Guma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Enigma

Sep 5, 2020
    Imagine if only 2% of police were problematic. Would be a miracle tbh. Anyways, yes, I support the riots as I’ve argued in this thread for months now. Nonetheless, riots have been far & few in comparison to actual peaceful protests.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 7, 2020
    out of curiosity are most anti maskers in the USA pro trump or anti trump?

asvdawg, Ordinary Joel and Zeugma like this.
    asvdawg, Ordinary Joel and Zeugma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Sep 7, 2020
    pro trump

asvdawg and Ordinary Joel like this.
    asvdawg and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. aleeex1923

Sep 10, 2020
    Never visted this thread, since I don't care about politics I'm not from USA but just came across this video today, didn't knew about it at all

Isn't it crazy how all of this is happening based on some lies and based on how corrupt the media is and how they have manipulated people into believing this was race based. After watching this video, the WHOLE VIDEO I really feel so sorry for the cops that were involved in this incident and now have their lifes ruined because a man resisted for 10 minutes straight and ran out of the car.
    I'm not saying all cops are bad or good or that crimes because of race don't happen. I'm talking only about this episode.

edit : maybe y'all discussed this back when it was released my bad for re-posting if that's the case just wanted to share my 2 cents since I just saw it.
    edit 2 : I also feel sorry for George Floyd losing his life of course, it just sucks that he resisted like crazy.

Guma, Michael Myers and JMG like this.
    Guma, Michael Myers and JMG like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Enigma

Sep 10, 2020
    Once again, the issue here is you’re operating with this archaic & dated definition of racism. Systemic racism has to do with U.S. history & how institutions such as police forces were set up to discriminate & target minority communities. Regardless of that, the fact that you think an officer putting his knee on a man’s neck for 7 minutes while he pled for his mother is justified is disgusting & says way more about your morals/ethics than anything else.

Apr 24, 2024
  9. aleeex1923

Sep 11, 2020
    Well I didn't say that you're just putting words in my mouth. I was talking about how the media didn't show the incidents that lead to this of him resisting like crazy, running out of the car and things like that after the cops literally almost begged him to get in the car that they will sort this out, even the old man told him "don't fight it you can win, get in the car" The media made this to look like a race based crime which it wasn't, they treated him with respect and talked nicely to him from what i've seen in beggining of the video before things went south
    And you twisting someone else words and putting words in their mouth says a lot about your morals/ethics than anything else.
    Read everything I said.
    I'm sorry about everyone involved in this, I literally couldn't watch the video when he died cause it breaks my heart but all this coulda been avoided if he acted like a normal person should act when they comit a fellony you know, obey the law get in the car go to the police stay there for 2 hours than go home, not put a show for 10 minutes.
    And also miss me with that "US history" I already said I'm not from there and don't follow this type of stuff, it literally give me anxiety and depression to see negative s--- like this and I also said I'm talking only about this incident nothing less nothing more.

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Sep 11, 2020
    A couple months ago Joe Biden donned a mask and talked to some protesters.

The next day Trump demanded a White House reporter take his mask off... when the reporter declined to, Trump accused him of trying to be "PC"... since then Trump Cultists have claimed that people who wear masks are devil worshippers and that mask protocols are a form of brainwashing and that wearing a mask will k--- you.

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  11. Enigma

Sep 11, 2020
    Bro...they f---ing killed him. What are you going on about him? Him resisting arrest doesn’t justify an officer putting a knee on his neck for 7 minutes while he begged for his life. Like...what? These kinds of incidents don’t happen in a vacuum. It’s part of a pattern of abuse & discrimination that black people have dealt with at the hands of police for centuries. Just because the officer didn’t call George Floyd a racial slur or wasn’t wearing a white hood while asphyxiating the life out of him, doesn’t mean race had nothing to do with this.

If you don’t know anything about U.S. history then you ought to sit this one out chief. You’re talking about an issue that you have no idea about. Miss me with the “I feel sorry for the cops that murdered this man & now their lives are ruined!” Like are you serious?

Apr 24, 2024
  12. aleeex1923

Sep 11, 2020
    Again I didn't say that him resisting arrest justify an officer putting a knee on his neck for 7 minutes while he begged for his life. You still continue with this pattern of trying to twist my words. I don't get it.
    And yeah I feel sorry about the cops because their lifes got ruined, I feel sorry about him dying like I said but you missed that part, I feel sorry about people being judged based on their race I feel sorry about everything, that's why I don't follow negativity. Believe it or not, I just found out about this s--- like today, I don't have social media just because all this s--- that happens in the world messes me up.
    I watched a lot of media clips online and I was simply amazed how they never showed on the news the fact that he resisted that much.
    Also I don't need to know the history of the United States to call out the media. They're behaviour of manipulating things and showing false news is known world wide.
    Come on we are all humans here you think I would be happy about someone losing their life over some dumb s--- like that. Come on, be real!

Apr 24, 2024
  13. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 11, 2020
    @aleeex1972 this happens all the time.

Media jumps on it, reports on a small part of the incident and people go crazy (also thanks to social media spreading it 100x faster).

I remember a few years back in Rotterdam. A video came online, 10 seconds. A cop kicking a civilian. People went crazy; d--- what did the cop do, b------! Of course a lot of people also waited before they judge. A few days later a 2 minute video was posted and it showed the guy in question saying horrible stuff, resisting arrest and spitting / trying to hit the officers. Most people did a 180 and suddenly understood it was the man who was a piece of s---.

Not saying its always this way btw or that this was the case w GF just saying media loves a good story and people love to judge without knowing context.

Add the fact that people are biased and it gets worse. A racist man seeing a black person walk into a store , will think oh he's gonna steal. A anti government/police person will always think the police is wrong and the other person is a victim even if he r---d and killed people.

That is why I hate (social) media because this happens w so many situations. People prefer a good story over the whole story in context.

aleeex1923 likes this.
    aleeex1923 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  14. aleeex1923

Sep 11, 2020
    Believe me I know, I finished journalism in college and I wanted to study this because of my love for football and tennis and sports in general and wanted to write about the beauty of this sport and I managed to get a job for a local sports television and I was disgusted to see this urge to spread negativity and turn people against each other and never worked in media again since then and that was like 10-11 years ago.

I never watch the news, I pay for a cable just to watch sports events and some cooking shows and online I only use this forum, whats app, youtube and very rarely twitter to see some news about teams, players and things like that and that's it.

I mean, I replied today to a post about Azarenka winning against Serena Williams and someone replied back with "Of course the white guy is gonna support the white girl, you racist" I mean wtf is going on in this world.

Apr 24, 2024
  15. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 11, 2020
    Lol yep its this whole us vs them mentality. If ur not outside burning down buildings or protesting ur on 'their' side so a racist.

If u speak out against racism ur a traitor and SJW. There's no in between for some people lol.

That s--- w Azarenka, lmao, but the one responding is probably a white loser sitting in his moms basement, haven't seen many actual black people say stuff like that.

aleeex1923 likes this.
    aleeex1923 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. aleeex1923

Sep 11, 2020
    Yeah it's a messed up world, I regret watching that video cause I spent a couple of hours watching s--- I wouldn't watch and s--- I avoid to see. Saw a bunch of racist people, white black all kinds of crazy acts that lead to nowhere just to more hatred.
    I love the fact that I live in Europe so much right now, you have no idea.

Apr 24, 2024
  17. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 11, 2020
    Word. I mean s--- happens here as well but not half as bad.

aleeex1923 likes this.
    aleeex1923 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  18. Enigma

Sep 11, 2020
    They murdered a man...why would you feel bad for them?

The body camera footage was released like over a month after George Floyd was murdered. It was widely reported when it did come out so i don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m convinced people who blame media for everything are people that just don’t know how to digest media. You can’t talk about George Floyd or the larger issue of institutional racism without talking about race. This is a racial issue. You can’t grasp this because again...you don’t know U.S. history.

This is less a media problem & more a people who consume media problem.

I rather people get convicted of crimes in a court of law than murdered in the streets by armed agents of the state before even having a court date. Silly me.

Sign Language and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Sep 13, 2020
    whoa

Apr 24, 2024
  20. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Sep 13, 2020
    Ffs

Guma and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Guma and Ordinary Joel like this.