5. Not a US Citizen, but would vote Biden

22.0%
  6. Not a US Citizen, but would vote Trump

9.0%
  7. Not a US Citizen, but would vote third party or abstain

8.0%
  1. Swizz

Sep 8, 2020
    most underrated dynamic of the race is the lack of undecided voters and the lack of independent candidates. I saw one of the election nerds I follow tweet the other day that the combined Hillary/Trump vote at this point in 2016 was like 82%, and the combined Biden/Trump vote right now is 93%+. That really doesn't leave a big slice of persuadable voters, which is very bad if you are Donald Trump and you need to make up a 7-8 point deficit. You not only need to win most undecideds, you probably need to flip some votes

also, my take on the debates: there's a part of me that's worried about Biden, he has had his stumbles in his past and I'm sure he will have more in the future. But the Trump campaign has played this stupidly, painting Biden as a buffoon with dementia who can't speak without stepping on his own d-ck. The most likely outcome? Biden does......fine. And if that happens, the entire Trump argument about Biden's unfitness is dead, simply because they didn't know how to manage expectations

Enigma, DKC, M Solo and 1 other person like this.
    Enigma, DKC, M Solo and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Sep 8, 2020
    I've been nervous about the debates but I feel better now because 1. Trump won't have a crowd to play off of like in 2016. Sounds silly but I think that's big.

2. This video. Seems like they've got him on the right drug cocktail lol. This is the best he's sounded since 2012 imo

Apr 24, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Sep 9, 2020
    Yup. It’s one of the reasons why it’s going to be difficult for the Trump campaign to cut down the lead. Both candidates are known figures & opinions of them are largely already made up. It also doesn’t help that the #1 issue voters care about the most is the pandemic which most Americans disapprove Trump’s handling of. Trump does have an electoral college advantage so he really just needs to cut down the national lead to +4 Biden to have a decent shot at re-election & +3 Biden for it to be a coin flip. It’s doable. Trump did get some favorable polls in Florida today which outside of Pennsylvania is the most important state in this election. Biden is lagging behind Clinton in Latino support there.

DKC, lil uzi vert stan and Swizz like this.
    DKC, lil uzi vert stan and Swizz like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 9, 2020
    Even if Biden literally died on stage any democrat or liberals would still rather elect his corpse as president over Trump. Same goes for Trump supporters. I mean at this point is there even anyone in the U.S still on the fence of who to vote for between Biden/Trump? I guess there’s still people who don’t normally vote or follow politics that they can try and win over

M Solo and RetiredAccount like this.
    M Solo and RetiredAccount like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Sep 9, 2020
    Yeah the country is so divided and people’s minds are so set it really comes down to turnout. There are more Dems than Republicans so if turnout is higher Dems win, if turnout is lower Republicans win. Also gotta factor that Dems need more than like a4% swing to actually win - anything closer than that means Trump victory due to electoral college advantage

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Enigma

Sep 9, 2020
    Yeah, that’s the thing about American voters, they aren’t ideological. A lot of them like to claim they are but they’re not. #1 variable that drives vote choice is partisanship. Democrats vote for democrats & Republicans vote for Republicans. Voting across party lines just doesn’t really happen much.

The “swing voters” who election nerds talk about in every election & media annoyingly put on a pedestal are really just politically uninformed voters that are easily persuaded by party elites. They don’t really have a core set of beliefs hence why they drift from voting one party to the next. Those are the voters that ultimately decide elections though.

Vos, DKC, Sign Language and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 9, 2020
    Does swing voters include people who actually just never vote or just voters who vote either way? I thought the figure was something like only around 50% of those who are eligible to vote actually do it, which includes both party and swing voters. Whatever the number there’s still a big chunk who’ve never voted or plan to because they simply do not care but Trump has caused such a massive divide and media storm for years that even they must have a personal opinion on biden vs trump if they really had to pick one. I doubt someone like Trump would’ve ever gotten elected nor get elected again if every person (or at least most) who’s eligible to vote actually voted. Unless most americans in general are actually as f----- as we tend to joke about and it’s a blessing in disguise

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 9, 2020
    Trump’s colossal a--- division has reached even the general public in Australia. My fb feed for the past year is daily arguments about the latest Trump scandal articles between random aussies who’ve never given a s--- about even local politics and are now suddenly U.S politics pundits who’d love to be able to vote in the U.S 2020 election. Same as the U.K

There’s also all the young people in the U.S who are finally old enough to vote now after having been bombarded non stop with trump/Hillary/Biden news for the past few years. If those latest polls already generally account for all of this then I’ve just way overestimated how much difference new blood would make

DKC, M Solo and RetiredAccount like this.
    DKC, M Solo and RetiredAccount like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. Enigma

Sep 9, 2020
    “Swing voters” don’t encompass non-voters. Swing voters are people who sway from voting for one party in one election to the other party in the next. They make up a small percentage of American voters but in battleground states or “swing states” that are usually competitive, they make a difference.

Yeah, around half of eligible voters don’t actually vote. I think most Americans don’t care much about politics, including a vast majority of voters. They think about politics maybe every election year? Often times only in a presidential election year. Voters are really disengaged with politics hence why partisanship dictates vote choice so strongly. It’s a short cut to tell people how to vote. The average American voter doesn’t have the time nor the will to research the different trade policies between two candidates. They just don’t care that much so they defer the decision to party ID.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see an uptick in voting this year because of the unusual nature of this election year but unless there’s some kind of incentive for voting or punishment for not voting, 70%+ of Americans turning out to vote is a far fetched fantasy imo. Even with someone as unhinged as Trump in office.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 9, 2020
    with that massive amount of voter apathy I’m holding the American public collectively responsible if he actually wins again. Don’t be blaming Russians the second time around

Apr 24, 2024
  11. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 10, 2020

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  12. Enigma

Sep 10, 2020

10/10

Apr 24, 2024
  13. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 10, 2020
    it's extremely sad that there are a significant amount of people the USA who put this on par with, like, democrats wanting abortion to be legal lol. not that those types were votes dems could win over in the first place as per the convo on this page, but you know.

Ordinary Joel and Enigma like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Enigma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  14. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Sep 15, 2020

#saveourchildren

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  15. Enigma

Sep 15, 2020

this could prove to be problematic for Biden in Florida.

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. Enigma

Sep 18, 2020

FiveThirtyEight has finally rolled out their senate model which shows Democrats as slight favorites (58%) of winning back the Senate.

RetiredAccount likes this.
    RetiredAccount likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  17. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Sep 18, 2020

6 more f---ing weeks.

[​IMG]

MadMan, Swizz, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  18. Enigma

Sep 18, 2020
    Yeah, time to take the gloves off now. This makes the battle for the Senate so much more important. Democrats have to be bold here. Look McConnell dead in his face & tell him if he fills this seat, they will pack the court if they win the White House + Senate in November. Biden can tip toe around this if he wants for political reasons, fine but other democratic leaders need fight like h--- for this seat.

MadMan, Swizz, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. RetiredAccount

Sep 18, 2020
    seen this online. i agree w the sentiment but to ur point, dems cant come off too nutty and be seen as overplaying their hand. the public should see any effort to replace rbg now as perverse partisan overreach, so lets keep that the focus.

unless ur talking inside baseball tactics w schumer or something (i say this, but in hindsight obama def was way way too passive re Garland in 2016. dunno what else he couldve or shouldve done tho? he way too mild to be a populist..)

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  20. RetiredAccount

Sep 18, 2020
    also, we're in h--- ayyyyyyy

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
Live Thread