Jul 31, 2020
    I have had a gr8 live but love to see new things !>

Ordinary Joel and Enigma like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Enigma like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 31, 2020
    I agree with you to an extent about people who, like, only do resort vacations and never go out of their comfort zone and spend half the time working anyway. And I hate it when people's entire personality is "traveling."

But on the flipside, I could paint people who don't like to travel as boring because they're too cowardly to explore somewhere new. You have an extremely cynical view about going to new places and to me that says you're not one to try new things. My question for you is: what type of traveling have you done and how much traveling have you done in general?

Also, I could drive 20 min north to some boring Atlanta suburb and still learn something new.

I like my life too—and vacations and traveling are a part of my life. I don't think you should live for any one, single thing (the only real exception to this is if you have kids, cuz duh). If you live your life solely for vacation or solely for work or solely for your wife/husband, there's going to be massive amounts of time in your life where you're unhappy.

Mar 29, 2024
  3. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Jul 31, 2020
    d--- it, as much as I agree with you on this, we still can't be friends

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 31, 2020
    I wouldn't mind travelling throughout europe and some other places out of interest of history, but I don't wanna backpack through s-----y but scenic/naturally beautiful countries in south america or south east asia etc to "experience the culture". But it's not about being scared to get out of the comfort zone or whatever but I was born and lived in s-----y places already for like half my life so why would I want to visit EVEN SHITTIER places? Especially backpacking through s-----y hostels and s--- and walking everywhere carrying your backpack

I feel like the hardcore backpacking culture is a Western thing that's come about from people being bored of having lived relatively comfortable lives in some first world city/country forever and want the thrill of travelling through 3rd or 2nd world villages uncomfortably by foot or those s-----y ancient busses and sleeping uncomfortably in some rundown lodge to experience the life and "culture" of undeveloped plebs and see pretty green/beach scenery

Most backpackers I know are from the scandinavian countries or the usual US/U.K/AUS. Most people I know from the eastern block of Europe prefer stereotypical vacations to famous tourist locations. An aussie friend of mine backpacked through the balkans last year and went through albania too and wouldn't stop telling me how awesome albania is. Meanwhile most albanians or anyone from the balkans would gladly k--- him for an australian citizenship to gtfo of there asap. And the balkans isn't even 3rd world

That being said, if someone enjoys backpacking good for them it's not harming anywone

Rodamon and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Rodamon and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. JEB

JEB

Jul 31, 2020
    Traveling is dope... I love where I'm at, but there is so much more out there to see and explore

Ordinary Joel and Sign Language like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 31, 2020
    On the topic of the OP, maybe this isn't unpopular but I feel like people on social media (I'm talking people i personally know) who ALWAYS post/share positivity stuff and motivational/happy quotes along with s--- about valuing yourself and cutting off toxic people (f---ing hate that word now) are in fact not happy and themselves are emotionally unstable wrecks. Meanwhile people I know who seem genuinely happy and stable never post any of those things. Also, people who only post memes 24/7 are depressed as f--- but have accepted it don't pretend to project things differently because they're beyond the point of caring what people think, so they aren't annoying like the forced positive vibes anti-toxic bunch

Also, people who go on about not having or rarely using social media and calling people who do post lots of photos validation seeking attention whores (which may or may not be true depending on the person) are actually just mad because their lives aren't interesting enough to post anything or they are insecure about their looks to post selfies. I'm not saying everyone who doesn't use social media is like this, just those who always trash people who do use social media or brag about how they rarely post. Like, yeah yeah you're so cool for never having posted anything since 2015, you ugly boring f---

Worm, Sign Language, Enigma and 6 others like this.
    Worm, Sign Language, Enigma and 6 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. JEB

JEB

Aug 1, 2020
    f---ing a. what a great post

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Aug 1, 2020
    I love my life too but I love to go to other places. I wouldn't say I live for them but I love them. I'm not running away, I'm going further afield

DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Alpha

Alpha

Aug 1, 2020
    Love how mature everyone in this thread is.

aleeex1923, Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    aleeex1923, Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Aug 1, 2020
    Welcome to SXN80 brah

Ordinary Joel and Alpha like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Alpha like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. aleeex1923

Aug 1, 2020
    The only "social media" I use now is youtube and whats app if you can call it that, I used to have 1500 followers on insta and 3.000 "friends" on facebook, but I deleted everything like 2-3 years ago and I went to crazy vacations and had plenty of beautiful moments in this time and I was feeling much better than staying to post everything every minute, and scroll non stop on my feed. For me it was a big change it made me appreciate all the things I love for myself and not trying to gain validation from others by waiting for their likes and wonder why this person didn't like my post or why this post has 100 likes and the other one 60.
    I got rid of everything because I was using it way too much and I was posting everything that happened in my life but only the good times,cause lets be honest everyone has the perfect life on social media, very rarely those reflect your life 100%, I'm talking about the average person, not millionaires and s---.
    It's pretty funny how in this day and age it's like a big deal to not have instagram or facebook and when people ask me for it most of the times when I tell them I'm not on social media they instantly think I don't wanna share it with them.
    But I can see why people use it and I would never trash or judge someone for enjoying something that brings them happiness.

Mar 29, 2024
  12. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 16, 2020
    I don't see the point in birthday celebrations. Birthday parties/celebrations are overrated imo and some people treat birthdays and or their own birthday as if it's some sort of a personal & huge accomplishment in life...like if it was not for your parents, you would have not existed? (if anything the credit is theirs). To me, my birthday is just another day in my life, sure it's like a milestone of me reaching a new age. Sure, I do appreciate anyone that takes time to send or write me a wish (especially if it's genuine) or even gets me a present, but it's just that. Just another day in life.

Of course, this is targeted to folks that are old or shall I say mature enough (presumably) that do this. (excluding birthday parties/celebrations for all the children and kids out there.)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Sep 16, 2020
    lmao

Mar 29, 2024
  14. Alpha

Alpha

Oct 26, 2020
    Having or respecting one's own principles, ethics and morals is underrated in today's world. A lot of people seem to forget about these or cast them aside just for the sake of moments of fun or simply just doing whatever to the point where they devalue/degrade themselves/their worth or status without realizing. Lack of respect to the self & their own value.

Mar 29, 2024
  15. section80lulsection80

Oct 27, 2020
    i’ll add on to this with a equally unpopular opinion and even say people respect other people’s beliefs too much, especially when 99% of beliefs are objectively wrong or based on s--- other people thought of before you were born

Alpha and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Alpha and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. JulnHT

Nov 5, 2020
    Jerking off is sometimes better than sex

NavyRed likes this.
    NavyRed likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. NavyRed

NavyRed aka Nev/hhs og

Nov 21, 2020
    I don't think I've ever said this outloud but here it goes

I love music, it's one of the few great joys in my life
    but I f---ing hate checking out new artists

I wish I could just magically know if I'm gonna like something or not

I still do it but it isn't as exciting to me as I feel it should be

Mar 29, 2024
  18. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Nov 21, 2020
    ^definitely in love with a girl who’s out of his league and partying on snapchat

Mar 29, 2024
  19. King of Kings

King of Kings Who Dey

Nov 21, 2020
    its okay to punch a liberal

Spatula likes this.
    Spatula likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Alpha

Alpha

Nov 22, 2020
    Nice assumption.