Help Need help deciding! Melodyne Assistant worth?! (It's Pluginboutique Friday!!)

Started by Ethic, Nov 27, 2020, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Ethic

Nov 27, 2020
    Hello fam
    So as y'all know it's that day of the year again.
    Since I don't possess any Pitch-correction plugin (apart from a Demo Version of Newtones I exploit) I was thinking about getting Melodyne Assistant this year. Pluginboutique has it on sale for 150$
    Would you recommend it, or is there anything comparable around (like Wavetunes or Autotune) about in the same price region that you would rather recommend?
    (Probably going to get Ozone and RC-20 as well, so my budget is limited)

Thanks for helping me out fam. :)

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. MichaelsMad

Nov 28, 2020
    I've always found melodyne more intricate than auto tune. It gives you alot more control. I think it's great for creating background harmonies too. Idk if you use slate digital or not, but they're coming out with a pitch correction soon. If you have their all access pass itll be added to it. Ozone 9 is great. Gives you a good starting point. I dont really use the mastering assistant but it is helpful to alot of ppl. Their new master rebalance, low end focus, imager and exciter are great tho. And their limiter isnt bad either, esp if you're having trouble keeping things at streaming LUFS levels.

But back to pitch correction, I dont use them for my stuff but I've mixed for ppl that want them. Auto tune for just the effect ppl want, or the subtle pitch correction a person may need. Melodyne if you want in depth control on things. Antares has a auto tune unlimited subscription. Comes with their other plug ins aswell. They have some pretty good plug ins too. Their doubler, and mic mod plug in.

Ethic likes this.
    Ethic likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Ethic

Nov 28, 2020
    Thanks for the excellebt elaboration!
    Went with Melodyne in the end, it looks more versatile like you stated.

MichaelsMad likes this.
    MichaelsMad likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. MichaelsMad

Nov 30, 2020
    dope! hope it all works out for you.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024