Unpopular Life Opinions

Started by Michael Myers, Jul 20, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Nov 25, 2020
    As much as I agree it is to great benefit to find solace in your own independence, it can’t be denied that humans are naturally social creatures. That’s why people who are alone most of the time due to whatever circumstances - have an increased likeliness of mental health issues developing. There is for certain power in being “good enough” with yourself & not relying on company to bring happiness but it’s definitely a harder task to maintain due to our nature.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Nov 25, 2020
    Anyway, I thought this was unpopular opinions, why do I agree with 90% of the posts in this thread? I’ve been duped.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. BeautifulEminem

BeautifulEminem me ain't you beautiful

Nov 26, 2020
    Straight white male culture can be extremely toxic, especially for men. Sick of seeing men make homophobic, misogynistic, racist jokes and have other men (even if they don't agree with those sentiments) just go along with it because haha it's just men being men. Why not hold each other to a higher standard? Masculinity has so many positive aspects, there's no reason for the hyper violent rhetoric towards others that men constantly parrot. It just comes off as stupid and uneducated.

Mar 29, 2024
  4. Mikey

Nov 26, 2020
    I think the equality women & men is actually starting to do some harm for both sides in some instances.

Young male suicides are through the roof in many parts of the world . More women are concentrating on their careers but at the expense of relationships in many cases. Indepedent women is being pushed too much imo. It is ok for a women to be stay at home mother.

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Nov 26, 2020
    Please. No more pics of your kids, please. Unless I ask (and I never ask), I don’t really care.

BeautifulEminem likes this.
    BeautifulEminem likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Nov 26, 2020
    Blows my mind that people don’t talk about this more. If we were seeing a surge in young female suicides we’d all have a colored ribbon to wear and it would be an “epidemic”.

Mikey likes this.
    Mikey likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. deluxe wife

deluxe wife talkin bout bugsnax

Nov 26, 2020
    Hey you dumb piece of s---, there's a difference between an unpopular opinion and pulling a completely false correlation out of your a---. Do not ever belittle the issue of male suicide by linking it to feminism. You think men will k--- themselves less by increasing social inequality? That's your f---ing solution?

Male suicide has everything to do with how predominantly OTHER MEN stigmatize mental health issues by promoting outdated "tough love" "man up" rhetoric instead of being encouraged to speak out and seek help when things get bad. We're taught just to grin and bear it, and if you show signs of weakness, you get cut from the team. Mental health issues go under diagnosed because it is not seen as the manly thing to do to go to a f---ing doctor. Even just going for general physical check ups, men just let themselves get sick and die so as not to show weakness. We are impacted by social perfectionism through deeply ingrained expectations placed upon us to get to the top of our ladders whether it be in careers, socially, physically, etc and fear ridicule/rejection when we can't do that. It's not as simple at all as "woman get career, lonely man dies" there is s--- loads of work to be done to destigmatize perceived failures in men's experiences, encouraging them to open up about their problems to friends and loved ones and fostering supportive and healthy ways for men to explore feelings that could be related to suicide. None of this could be achieved simply by taking women out of the workforce. You are hurting yourself by boiling it down to that.

Sources
    https://blog.mercy.com/men-less-likely-to-see-physician/
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/can-we-stop-male-suicide/

Mar 29, 2024
  8. deluxe wife

deluxe wife talkin bout bugsnax

Nov 26, 2020
    Blows my mind that men can't seem to talk about the issue of male suicide without tearing down women as if theres some intentional agenda out there trying to silence them. By the way suicide rates went up by 40% across the board from 2006-2016 and I've yet to see any ribbons.

Mar 29, 2024
  9. Mikey

Nov 27, 2020
    It isnt false. Much of your post is true but not the same for everyone.
    Everyone's situation is different know one size fits all approach suits everyone.

I know 2 people who killed themselves after their girlfriends left them in the last 6 months.
    This is possibly due to the reason it isnt talked much about how woman can be abusive in relationships. Most of the attention is towards males being abusive.
    Females get far more sympathy is todays society many males are automatically seen as the bad guys in general.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 27, 2020
    I agree with some of this post but not your first one at all. I think @deluxe wife is much closer to the truth.

The stigma that men need to “man up” and suppress their emotions at the expense of mental health definitely does come from both men and women, and because of that I think men often feel even more embarrassed to be dealing with emotional abuse (though it can be physical too ofc) coming from women and bottle it up even further.

However, I don’t think you can connect that to women having careers “at the expense of a relationship.” Men have been doing that for decades. A woman doesn’t need to focus on their relationship or their career any more than a man does. Each individual person regardless of gender can decide they want to focus on a career or a relationship or whatever, it’s their life. Obviously if either person in a relationship doesn’t tend to it and focuses more on work it’s more likely to be a bad one, but if it’s not working it’s on both of them to talk about it and decide if they want to meet in the middle to make it work. And if it’s not working either of them can choose to leave at any time (which is always hard of course).

I’m sorry to hear about those suicides but blaming women for that is some incel mindset. If the women weren’t happy in the relationship then they don’t have any obligation to stay in it because the other person is happy. Like @deluxe wife and I were saying, this is where the sigma comes into play with mental health...because most men of our generation and earlier were taught to bottle up our emotions which can, in worst case scenario, lead to suicide like in these situations. There seems to be less stigma with men and mental health with the Zoomers so I’m hopeful this is changing.

Basically, Men’s issues do not have to focused on at the expensive of women’s issues. We have a lot of work to do in both areas, and with men we need to continue to encourage men to talk about it and seek help and to take your male friends seriously if they open up about about being abused in any way by a woman.

Mar 29, 2024
  11. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Nov 28, 2020
    acid rap sucks

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024