Eminem What do you think was the best Eminem era?

Started by UltroStretch, Jan 11, 2021, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Jan 13, 2021
    i say this with some affection: kenny beats makes frat party pregaming beats

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 13, 2021
    Not gassing you up at all—can't promise you'll like it but it's one of my favorite albums of the last few years. Like I said before, it's a love letter to Florida hip-hop from Miami Bass Uncle Luke/2 Live Crew type s--- to grimy lo-fi Raider Klan/2016 soundcloud stuff to Rick Ross cocaine kingpin songs.

RetiredAccount likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Jan 13, 2021
    this is correct

Apr 18, 2024
  4. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Jan 13, 2021
    Alright you convinced me, gonna buy the vinyl and give it a proper spin.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 13, 2021
    I got the vinyl hanging on my wall lol. Hope you enjoy especially considering you're copping a physical but I respect the commitment regardless!

Apr 18, 2024
  6. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Jan 13, 2021
    Just got turntables last week so I'm tryna grow my collection lol. Should be delivered tomorrow, Ill do a review thread.

lil uzi vert stan and DKC like this.
    lil uzi vert stan and DKC like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 13, 2021
    Nice, I'm curious what you think on your revisitation!

I don't have a turntable anymore unfortunately, only have a few records in GA that I bought since I was here. Still need to get my collection from storage in Seattle but once I do that I'll get a new record player.

Apr 18, 2024
  8. CARNIFEX

CARNIFEX Get The Strap

Jan 13, 2021
    Respect for enjoying zel so much but idk how anyone can enjoy Zuu THAT much, how do you rate taboo to it

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  9. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Jan 13, 2021

sounds like someone made it in the computer lab before social studies

hargydon, Z Gangsta and J630 like this.
    hargydon, Z Gangsta and J630 like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  10. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 13, 2021
    Lmaoooooo

he was part of an edm duo at first right?

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 13, 2021
    If you still don’t f--- with it send that vinyl my way lmao

I actually just got Taboo, Mac’s KIDS, and d---. in the mail this week

Apr 18, 2024
  12. crazybeats

Jan 13, 2021
    I think you would need to see how Eminem makes his beats, how much is him humming the melodies or playing the keyboards and how much other people are doing. I've watched some of these mixing classes on Youtube where the engineers will talk about some pretty big songs and how they were mixed and it surprised me how much work they do and how much stuff the change. One of Akon's engineers does all of the mixing for Akon's vocals and Akon only trusts him to do it and Akon isn't even there when he does it. There was another one I watched and the engineer says sometimes we might need to find another kick drum or snare drum and replace sounds because it might sound better and then we send it to the artist to see what they think. Another thing they talk about is reference mixes, the artist gives them a reference mix of what they want it to sound like and it's their job to make that sound as good as possible but to keep it true to that vision so if they want the strings buried they stay buried, if a keyboard is turned up loud at a certain part they keep it. Here is one of Yelawolf's songs being mixed and it's interesting how they do it. This guys correcting sounds and is doing all sorts with the vocals and Yelawolf isn't even in the studio. I can't imagine Eminem letting someone else have that kind of control over his music so I would love to see how Eminem does it and how long it takes him to produce a beat, is he knocking dozens of them out per day, does it take days just to do one?

This is an interesting watch. I'm only posting it because it's Yelawolf and he was linked with Shady and you would assume Eminem would have some say in his music but listen to some of the things said in here. "I'm looking to remove what I don't like". He's removing stuff and changing stuff without telling Yelawolf and look at how the vocals are recorded, it's literally like they record a few lines at a time and the song is made up of goodness knows how many takes. How many other rappers do that just rapping one or two lines at a time? It breaks this vision of rappers in the booth rapping their verses and they're getting sweaty and they're getting emotional and then you see how it really looks and it's nothing like that. I wonder if Eminem does that too and just records one line.....listens back and then records the next line etc.

Here is the Akon one too.

Here is one with Jay Z and Beyonce's engineer.

So you can see how their music is made to sound like it does. I'm not saying take credit away from the artists but clearly the music sounds the way it does because other people are making it sound that way. I don't get the impression Eminem or Dre would ever send something away and let someone else do what they want with it and if they do I'd love to see what the original versions sounded like. From some of the videos I've seen it's pretty much a case of sending the artist the finished mix and seeing if they like it or not, and they may have changed a ton of things without them knowing and even going to the point of changing drum sounds and taking backing vocals out and there's one part where they move one backing vocal into the chorus because they think it sounds better. They're doing a h--- of a lot more than you would think. It just shows you that you don't really know what goes on in the studio and who is really coming up with these sounds and melodies and by the time we hear it how much of it has been changed or tweaked.....not because Yelawolf or Akon or Jay Z or Beyonce think so.....but because the engineer decided so. Do you think that happens with Dre or Eminem? Eminem doubled his vocals there.......I think I'll take one of them away and just make it a single track vocal.........I think Skylar might be a bit out of tune there, I'll use this software to fix that.......now this snare drum......I don't know if I like that so I'll replace that with one of my own sounds that sounds similar to it but is better....

underground likes this.
    underground likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  13. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Jan 14, 2021
    Still need that top 20 eminem songs @WPG u can do it

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Jan 14, 2021
    MMLP. Felt so exciting.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  15. Sav Stanfield

Jan 14, 2021
    everything from 98 - 03 was great to me. Sure TES and 8 Mile showed signs of what would come but it all followed such an interesting path, like his career was building up to something incredibly momentous. Say what you will about his production, but as a rapper his content evolved while maintaining that effortlessness. He sounded just as natural and fluid on Rabbit Run as he did on JDGAF. I kinda liked the Encore - Re-Up era too. It wasn't very good but it was fascinating to watch. Everything else since has been very hit and miss, mostly miss.

UltroStretch and hargydon like this.
    UltroStretch and hargydon like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  16. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 14, 2021
    This is up there with questions like "what colour is the sky".

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  17. FoolishPride

FoolishPride Banned

Jan 14, 2021
    2002. The Eminem Show and 8 Mile movie with the soundtrack.
    So many classic songs man

Mandalorian likes this.
    Mandalorian likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024