TV Official Paramount+ Thread

Started by RetiredAccount, Feb 24, 2021, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Feb 24, 2021
    As the streaming wars heat up, ViacomCBS looks to enter the foray with their new Paramount+ service, coming March 4th.

Pricing
    Current
    • $5.99/month
    • $59.99/yr (with ads)
    • $99.99/yr (without ads)
    • 50% discount for customers purchasing yearly plans before March 4th.
    Future (coming this Summer)
    • $4.99/mo - The ad tier, includes NFL live games and the Paramount+ line up - but excludes CBS content and channels.
    • $9.99/mo - The ad-free tier, Live sports with extra options, the full CBS and Paramount+ lineups

Regions
    Available March 4th in United States and 18 Latin American countries. Canada late-2021, Nordic countries March 25th, Australia mid-2021. Most international subscriptions will include Showtime.

Content
    Launch
    • Over 30,000 TV episodes
    • Over 2,500 movies
    • TV content includes CBS (including CBS News + CBS Sports)*, Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, Comedy Central, and the Smithsonian channel.
    • Movie content includes Paramount, MGM and other studios.
    Future
    • 36 original series
    • Paramount movies 30 to 45 days after theatrical release, others after 90 days.
    Original Content
    • The Offer - a ten episode series about the making of The Godfather.
    • Lioness - a show about a Marine who must befriend a terrorist to bring down their organization
    • Mayor of Kingstown - drama starring Jeremy Renner
    • Kamp Koral - a Spongebob prequel
    • Rugrats - a CGI reboot with original cast
    • 6666 - a Yellowstone spinoff
    • Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Lower Decks
    • animated series Star-Trek: Prodigy
    • MTV's Behind the Music - rebooted and reimagined
    • Yo! MTV Raps revival
    • A documentary series based on FBI Profilers
    • Frazier revival
    • BET's The Game revival
    • The Real World revival (original cast)
    • Reno-911 spin-off
    • Weekly spin-off of The Daily Show
    • The Italian Job series
    • Fatal Attraction series
    • Flashdance series
    • Parallax View series
    • Criminal Minds reboot
    • Inside Amy Schumer reboot
    • live-action Dora The Explorer reboot
    • live-action Fairly Oddparents reboot
    • iCarly sequel
    • All New Avatar Studios, dedicated to making shows and movies set in the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe.
    • Halo - show based on the XBOX games
    • Beavis and Butt-head film
    • Pet Semetary film
    • Workaholics film
    • and more
    Live Content
    • NFL games
    • Grammies
    • more

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Feb 24, 2021
    This s--- is turning into cable. Too many apps.

Mar 29, 2024
  3. 1999

Feb 25, 2021
    I only have Netflix and Prime video cause it comes with Prime but idk this s--- looking pretty nice

Ordinary Joel and RetiredAccount like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. 1999

Feb 25, 2021
    Fr you got

Netflix
    Prime Video if you count that
    Disney+
    HBO Max
    Hulu
    Sling
    YouTube TV
    Peacock
    Now Paramount+

:currydead: who tf is paying for this s---

and this not even counting other more niche streaming like Shudder or Anime s---

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. 1999

Feb 25, 2021
    Who remembers when it was just Netflix, Hulu and Crackle

:SMFH:

Mar 29, 2024
  6. RetiredAccount

Feb 25, 2021
    tbf Youtube TV and Sling are just live cable streamed

Ordinary Joel and 1999 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and 1999 like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. RetiredAccount

Feb 25, 2021
    I pay for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, and Prime Video.
    Got Peacock free through internet company. Uncle pays for Youtube TV and I'm on his family group.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. CARNIFEX

CARNIFEX Get The Strap

Feb 25, 2021
    Way too many streaming services only thing that caught my eye was beavis and butt head and Reno spin off would've honestly bought it just to watch all the new ink master s--- but of course they canceled that

Mar 29, 2024
  9. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Feb 25, 2021
    Once you get an Emby share you never look back lol

Mar 29, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2021
    I hope this is another john krasinski war propaganda tv show

Mar 29, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2021
    Parallax View as in the movie from the 70s? wtf. all these shows are just reboots or films turned into unnecessary TV shows

Mar 29, 2024
  12. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2021
    I got the mid-tier Peacock for free thru internet as well and that s--- has the worst library I've ever seen, even worse than Disney Plus. This Paramount s--- looks like it's bout to be just as bad.

Honestly the only streaming services that I'd truly consider great are the Criterion channel and HBO Max because Criterion is curated rather than algorithm based and HBO's original content is good + now it has a bunch of stuff that's on netflix and hulu. Hulu and Netflix have a decent selection of movies but I'm very over 95% of their original content and I'm pretty much just paying for convenience at this point. I'm on my family's netflix but I'll probably stop paying for hulu once my cheap sub with showtime or starz or whatever that was added for free runs out.

Mar 29, 2024
  13. RetiredAccount

Feb 25, 2021
    You think Disney+ has a bad library? I mean it's lacking in original content obv besides mando and wandavision but it has a pretty deep content collection.

As for this, I think it looks pretty stacked, it's gonna take some time to build a decent original content side but stuff like Avatar Studios is very promising.

HBO Max is def the best value rn.

Mar 29, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2021
    To be fair I haven't been on Disney plus in a minute but last I looked at its library it was basically all Star Wars and Marvel and obvs a bunch of classic disney and pixar films. Some great movies there but virtually nothing I really cared enough about to sub. I'll just rent them for $3 on amazon or pirate them individually if I wanna watch again. I'm trying to browse right now but it won't let me look cuz I don't have a sub lol. It's trying to get me to sign up by just showing me it has Marvel, Star Wars, and (:vom:) Hamilton.

Haven't peeped Wandavision and I heard Mando season 2 is great but I stopped watching midway thru season 1 cuz it took a sharp fall off for me after the first few eps. Been meaning to try that again.

Mar 29, 2024
  15. RetiredAccount

Feb 25, 2021
    Not here for the Hamilton hate, saw it on Broadway for the last show with the OG cast lol. (Though I understand Lin Manuel Miranda is corny to hip hop, it's a great play).

Yeah, they've been growing their library a bit with some of the fox stuff as it comes in, but obv the big draw is the giant disney library.

Wandavision is some of the best MCU content, so check it out. If you didn't like mid-season mando (with the episodic serial type content), then season 2 is def for you as it's far less episodic.

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2021
    I totally get why people like Hamilton and I'm not trying to rain on their parade, but musicals are just really not my thing and it reminds me too much of epic rap battles of history. And lin manuel is a cornball like you said.

Yeah my biggest problem with Mando is that the first few episodes were so engrossing plot-wise, and then around episode 4 it started to be so episodic and I stopped caring. You could really tell that the first few eps were drawn from when it was a standalone movie and then they sorta had pause the storyline to fill the middle of the season (assuming it comes back around at the end).

I'm also not that big of a Marvel fan (a big chunk of why Disney+ doesn't appeal to me) but Wandavision seems like it would be up my alley from the little I know about it. I might try subbing for a month again just to watch those and check out their new library.

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Feb 25, 2021
    Should actually merge this with the What are you watching on Netflix thread and just change the title to "What are you Streaming" at this point. In another year there's gonna be less cable channels than streaming options

I have
    Netflix - pay for this
    Hulu - free with ads through cellphone plane
    Disney + - free through cellphone plan
    HBO Max - Angry about this one. I bought 6 months just for WW84, the Denzel movie and Many Saints of Newark. WW84 and the Denzel movie s----d while Many Saints of Newark got moved back
    Amazon Prime - Free with prime subscription. This used to be pretty decent because it included a lot of non amazon shows for free, but now they seem to be charging for more every month, most likely because they belong to other streaming services
    Peacock - lol would never in my life pay for this, but downloaded the free version to watch The Defiant One's again. Figured that would of been on HBO but apparently NBC owns it

Ordinary Joel, DKC and RetiredAccount like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. RetiredAccount

Feb 25, 2021
    Def should check out The Flight Attendant and Search Party on HBO Max if you want to recoup some value.

Mar 29, 2024
  19. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Feb 25, 2021
    @Captain Awesome AKA Papa also mentioned Search Party. Will def check that out. I think I only paid like $60 for 6 months on their promo so it wasn't crazy expensive to begin with

Mar 29, 2024
  20. Swizz

Feb 25, 2021
    I'm gonna copy @Worm with my own breakdown

Netflix - it's the OG so feels weird to even consider whether it's good or not. Who cares, it's Netflix. They have a bunch of terrible stuff but they're also guaranteed to have a handful of the most essential movies or series for any given year. I still use it pretty frequently
    Hulu - If I don't know what to watch Hulu isn't the first service I browse, but honestly, they have really stepped it up with the original content. PEN15, Normal People, The Great, The Act, and Ramy on the TV side plus debuts of Palm Springs and Nomadland. They've really carved out a spot as one of the essential services
    Prime - One of the worst of the major names, but everyone has it, and why wouldn't you? Their original stuff is pretty lacking (Borat a clear exception!!!) and their interface sucks. The plus is that they have a fairly strong catalogue of old movies.
    Criterion - Got a year subscription for my bday and am absolutely loving it. If you're into classic, independent, and/or foreign films you owe it to yourself to give it a shot
    HBO Max - Hands down my favorite. HBO by itself was already essential, but combine that with the rest of the library they added with their Max launch, and the movies debuting throughout the year, and it's pretty much unstoppable.
    Peacock - No thanks lol. I have the free version of this and rarely use it. They have some respectable movies on here but the library is pretty shallow. This is being kept afloat by our generation's unhealthy obsession with The Office
    Apple TV + - Did a free trial of this so I could knock out a few of their originals. It was okay! But honestly felt like I made it through the essentials very quickly. They have some work to do
    Paramount+ - idk, we'll see. I've drawn a line in the sand for myself and intend to avoid subscribing to anything else. But the movie library is pretty impressive and it looks like they're making a pretty strong effort with the original content. I'm going to wait it out

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Mar 29, 2024