Serious China being accused of Uyghur genocide - Discussion

Started by hargydon, May 17, 2021, in Life Add to Reading List

1. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

May 18, 2021
    “Complex situation like that” — I’m talking specifically, like I stated, about that issue being complex & nuanced, Israel/Palestine conflict isn’t one of them.
    I’m very aware of what’s going on.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    [​IMG]

Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. 1999

May 18, 2021
    pls tag me in that too, I'm interested in this and I keep finding conflicting information with little sources

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 18, 2021
    @hargydon China is definitely not the good guy. You are just supporting the opposing propaganda spreading super power and are therefore not better than the ever close minded US patriot who thinks it's the best and most flawless country in the world. I bet all your sources are chinese sources or from countries supporting China which isn't a tad bit better than CNN or whatever. All superpowers have blood on their hands and purposefully lie and keep things hidden to the public. Hate the US as much as you want but keep the same energy for China, Russia and the UK.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 18, 2021
    https://docs.qq.com/doc/DRHJYRVNpeFB6VEVs
    Here is one of these "reliable sources" folders and as expected the authors are almost exclusively chinese, besides some questionable doctors here and there. Why is no one asking the Uyghur people? Right, because China's silencing them and they are too afraid too speak out. But let's just believe the government, they surely wouldn't lie to us.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    I’m not here to talk about moral stances & who is the good guy or whatever, objectivity is the main goal.
    Believe it or not, people do speak to them, on a daily basis! Crazy right?!

I’m just going to show you a little video that was uploaded a few days ago of Uighur Muslims celebrating Eid & how it was framed by the US Department funded network of Radio Free Asia. It never ceases to amaze me that merely words next to a clearly opposing video can twist people into believing something that is literally not there. At least the replies on the tweet give it some sort of vindication.

Just proves how embedded Sinophobia is in our culture. China is the supervillain you read about in the marvel comics, it’s got to be, America needs their enemy. The only reason America is brought up in this situation is because they are directly involved. I will condemn anything I perceive as wrong as with the Israel situation & when the Uighur situation was first reported around 4 years ago, I believed it, until I went digging, as I was completely ignorant to not only the situation itself but everything around it. I studied for countless hours along with speaking to many Chinese people that currently live there — yes believe it or not they can communicate with the outside world.

A mod should move all of these posts out of this thread, I’ve tried to stop it multiple times but people be persistent.

Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    Also, what country do you want them to be from f---ing South Africa? Why is the origin of the allegations not qualifying enough? Is it not the main place you’d expect people to actually understand the situation? Seems kind of racist to me that nobody will accept opinions of the Chinese people about their own country.

It’s catch-22 — they can’t win. If it’s the Chinese defending themselves, it’s brainwashing, propaganda, they are not allowed to speak out etc. If it’s from an individual like me from outside of the state, I wouldn’t know as I haven’t been there.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. 1999

May 18, 2021
    So what actually happens in these camps?

Chrollo likes this.
    Chrollo likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    They are vocational training centres, colleges/schools essentially teaching a wide range of courses like Mandarin, hospitality service, art, performance, barber training etc. They have sports facilities & public transport taking them to & from their homes.

@Chrollo

Btw here’s a playlist on YouTube of the Uighur’s speaking out, over 1000 of them:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkbOIKUddMBtp0_xEFqn4zey48kkgJq5w

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 18, 2021
    Moved the posts to this separate thread

Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 18, 2021
    I never denied that western/western funded media more than often portrays things in their favor. Also I never said that China is some kind of supervillain or more evil than any other nation that holds power in this world. My whole point was that it's oblivious to think that everything they say holds the pure truth. Still, I'm aware that this is a discussion about one specific topic, namely the Uyghur situation and my point was more of a general one. I also don't believe that the opinion of chinese people on their own country doesn't hold any value and I was wrong for diminishing every link provided in the folder, as I haven't checked them all. I will definitely look further into this topic and apologize for coming off too strong.

Ordinary Joel and hargydon like this.
    Ordinary Joel and hargydon like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    My reply to you is generalised too as I know other people will be reading it & can sense them shaking at the thought of someone defending China lol

There’s more angles that I’ve yet to cover about this & barely scratched the surface of the ones we’re talking about. One of the most important ones that hasn’t been mentioned yet is the newly designed trade route, the Belt & Road initiative which runs through the Xinjiang region. In 7 years BRI has reached $9.2 trillion in trade. 147 countries & territories have joined the Belt Road Initiative & America isn’t one of them. This poses a threat to America’s economic interests as they aren’t involved for one but it is propping China’s economy up at an unprecedented rate, even for China. America have spent the last couple of hundred years subjugating China in various ways, whether physical and/or economical. There is an extremely horrific history between the two & it isn’t in favour of America. I suggest people to research this if unaware. Also, the USA historically have opposed any state that doesn’t conform to the status quo, hence why they attempt to stamp out Marxist states by any means necessary as you probably know.

Here is the former FBI translator laying the cards on the table:

The YouTube channel this appeared on was shutdown 2 weeks later by YouTube — censorship? Can’t happen in the West, surely not...

How many times do we let a psychological operation go on unchallenged until after the damage is done? Why do we only accept evil wrongdoings when it’s a redacted CIA document from 20+ years ago?

Mar 28, 2024
  13. hargydon

May 18, 2021

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. Step Daddy

May 18, 2021
    Lol what I'm getting from this thread is that @hargydon supports an authoritarian regime.

"98% approval rating with Chinese citizens"

Hitler had similar stats

Enigma and Sign Language like this.
    Enigma and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Step Daddy

May 18, 2021
    Don't get me wrong, the world is incredibly racist to the Chinese. However, that doesn't change that fact their government is terrible.

Enigma, Sign Language and DKC like this.
    Enigma, Sign Language and DKC like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. hargydon

May 18, 2021
    If that’s what you got from this thread you have a severe lack of reading comprehension my guy.

You see me supporting Hamas too in the Israel/Palestine thread?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Step Daddy

May 18, 2021
    Have you read any academic literature on the genocide? seems to me like you are defending China on this issue just to take an anti-imperalist stance.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

May 18, 2021
    After my conversations with you the other week @hargydon where u defended China, and now this thread… why do you love those dog eating b------s so much?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

May 18, 2021
    Shoutout to Laghman noodles with lamb

hargydon, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    hargydon, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 18, 2021
    Keep this s--- out of serious threads (and out of the forum in general). This isn't an excuse to be racist any more than Israel's genocide against Palestinians is an excuse to be antisemetic.

Mar 28, 2024