Politics Supreme Court to Overturn Roe v. Wade

Started by Enigma, May 2, 2022, in Life Add to Reading List

1. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

May 13, 2022
    I've never paid for drugs... but enough people passed joints, bongs, key bumps and pills to me to know they weren't for me.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. hanky

May 13, 2022

Enigma, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Enigma, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. reservoirGod

May 13, 2022
    I am hella likeable. I'm not constantly sick with coronavirus and I don't yell at people about wearing condoms.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Lucy

Lucy #1

May 14, 2022
    Yeah I mean if they hand them out free they must be really good quality and expensive

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Lucy

Lucy #1

May 14, 2022
    Then why do I think your a complete fucken r-----?
    Oh wait nvm you answered the question!
    I haven't had a sick day off work in over 6 years and idc who wears condoms but as a whole people blaming pregnancies on anything but their own actions as a pair? Pfft f--- off. As I already said like 5 times and you didn't read cause your a dumb f---; nothing wrong with abortions and I'm "pro abortion" or whatever political cuntshit buzzword your autistic brain will use to help you label and group people (that you dont know at all - whack c----) I think abortion is fine but filling the void of your serotonin depletion disorder with unprotected sex and acting like "omg we NEEDED an abortion" is not something I agree with. Fucken dumb c----

Guma likes this.
    Guma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. reservoirGod

May 14, 2022
    When I joined D12world 20 years ago it wasn't to be liked... It was to make fun of dumb stans (the kind of losers who would draw Eminem and be super proud of it).

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

May 14, 2022
    s--- like this is why I wish Democrats would run someone better than that assclown “Beto” to try and unseat Abbott.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 14, 2022
    No Democrat is winning a Texas governor’s race this election cycle anyways but Abbott is definitely awful.

DKC and Sign Language like this.
    DKC and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. BIG MONKEY

BIG MONKEY slummin' it

May 28, 2022
    What are you talking about? Overpopulation is a pro-abortion talking point (edit: I mean it can be used as such, and occasionally is; but nobody says we need to have more babies in order to combat overpopulation, lol).

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

May 28, 2022
    The overpopulation myth is usually spread by right-wing conspiracy theorists & I thought I read it being utilised in here, but you’re right, I misspoke. Regardless, it’s nonsense wherever it appears from.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. BIG MONKEY

BIG MONKEY slummin' it

May 29, 2022
    That's just not true. It's a big subject, with varying explanatory power depending on the context in which it's used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation

The idea of human overpopulation has certainly come in for its share of criticism, especially when it intersects with hotly debated political issues, but that's to be expected.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. hargydon

May 29, 2022
    “It’s a big subject” posts Wikipedia link. It’s nonsense. Malthusianism is outdated, we have an abundance of resources, just an unoptimised distribution network due to a myriad of economic & political factors.

Mar 29, 2024
  13. BIG MONKEY

BIG MONKEY slummin' it

May 29, 2022
    I didn't use that term. They are related but not the same.
    In other words, you have faith that further technological growth will be able to sustain population growth indefinitely, and presumably deal with any problems associated with it. That remains to be seen.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. hargydon

May 29, 2022
    That’s not what I said at all. Our reality is proof technology’s existence alone isn’t enough, but a system evolution.

For example, we produce 50% more food compared to 50 years ago along with a double in population growth, but now we waste a third of the global supply. We produce enough resources to sustain 15 billion people on this planet in our current productive capabilities according to theorists, but our lack of said optimised distribution network is why we have the problem still. It’s forced scarcity.

As far as the political & economic factors, there’s too many to go into & we are veering off course, but here’s the bottom line; our value system(s) adhere to capital, not human need, that is the central point into why we do not have pragmatic distribution of resources & therefore, inequality, which is disguised in various ways by attempting to whitewash the catalyst with false consciousness. This is one of the examples, the overpopulation myth.

Only through concessions to the populace which create contradictions in the capitalist market economy do we see improvements in human lives domestically, but under this system they will always remain contradictions & the ruling class will always seek to fix those contradictions in pursuit of increasing capital inflow. (& at times succeed in copious amounts, think neoliberalism). The balance of power is supposed to be funnelled through democratic institutions but they are all compromised due to class interests. Again, another huge topic.

Every industrial revolution we’ve had thus far, has catapulted us into a new world where what’s possible was never before & we’re now at a point in time where we have an abundance, not a scarcity of resources & the technological & industrial ability to meet the needs of every human being on this planet, but we have a value system disorder at the core & without that being addressed, we will never become fully-sustainable.

Mar 29, 2024
  15. reservoirGod

May 29, 2022
    Agracetus solved the overpopulation problem 30 years ago.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. BIG MONKEY

BIG MONKEY slummin' it

May 29, 2022
    Our prevailing "value system" (which itself is a kind of technology, in the sense "technique") already champions causes like ending world hunger and eliminating inequality. The problem is that value systems have to make concessions to reality, and in reality there is no equality in nature, and greed is hardwired into our biology. Expecting these things to go away is just pie-in-the-sky idealism.
    How can the concept of overpopulation itself be a myth though? I can see it being a myth as an explanation for a given issue, but as an idea, period? Talk about nonsensical. Like I said before, context is important. If I said there would be no crime in the world without so many people in it, that would be a myth. But if I said that climate change would be more manageable if the world population was a third of what it is today, that would be a statement of fact, assuming of course climate change is primarily man-made. (In other words, the earth is already overpopulated from the perspective of mainstream climate science.)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. hargydon

May 29, 2022
    It isn’t an inbuilt component, there is no law of nature inside this system that creates a constant improvement of quality of life. It has improved conditions as a byproduct of constant growth (as were the industrial revolutions) hence why living standards have been stagnant & declined in developing nations recently. Economic growth is now at loggerheads with public health & we’re seeing how the system’s reaction is pivoting, dialling back the contradictions thereby increasing inequality & fomenting social unrest as a consequence to this.

This whole regression back to equating ourselves to ape-like behaviour to explain flaws under our current system is ridiculous. We can look into it somewhat as our environments as well as other animals shape our behavioural biology. But when we do look at answers from devolved versions of us, we should take a look at our closest relation to the animal kingdom, the bonobos & chimpanzee. There was a study conducted which examined 2 groups that were divided by the Congo River & their habitats were of completely different environmental conditions, one more abundant, one more scarce & through this they manifested different social behaviours. The abundant showed low aggression, conflict, both sexes in the alpha roles & diverse sexual behaviour. In contrast with the scarce conditions with males as the only alpha roles, constant conflict in the group & are highly competitive. Territorial & sexual regimentation based on stratification yet their genetics are identical? This highlights the power of the environment. There’s similar findings in cultural anthropology too.

Our social structures, institutions, belief systems as individuals & groups are overarching social conventions interplaying in our environment which are also shaping our behavioural biology, it’s not the other way around. We’ve lived under a myriad of social orders, there’s different ones in existence right now & they’re constantly under attack by external forces to see their true progress as the system is trying to protect itself, but the data is there of what’s been achieved by others despite the manufactured conditions. Using metaphysics to analyse constant-evolving system(s) is antithetical to the material reality. Nobody’s expecting all problems to vanish, but looking toward furthering human evolution should be the constant goal instead of just believing what someone wrote in the 1700s as the best we’re going to get, when they existed long before the industrial & technological innovation we have before us now. Ideas (theory) becomes outdated when humanity’s material conditions evolve.

Mar 29, 2024
  18. reservoirGod

May 31, 2022
    This is schizophrenia.

Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Worm like this.
    Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Worm like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. Step Daddy

May 31, 2022
    Is that space monkey

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Step Daddy

May 31, 2022
    Yuk

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024