Italy government is now right wing finally!

Started by poopdogg, Sep 26, 2022, in Life Add to Reading List

1. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 28, 2022
    I am from puglia homie

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 28, 2022
    europeans stop being afraid of immigrants challenge (impossible)

but on the real I at least understand why europeans are more concerned about immigration since their countries are historically homogenized, it's the usa that baffles me the most

Mar 29, 2024
  3. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 28, 2022
    You say us europeans shouldn't talk about US politics and s---... in this case (based on your first sentence) you have no idea what you're saying bro.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 28, 2022
    ...which is why I included the second sentence, because immigration in a country founded by immigrants is a very different issue than immigration in countries that have been ethnically homogenized for hundreds or thousands of years. I was just joking.

I don't think I've ever said europeans shouldn't talk about US politics, only that europeans often don't have the context for US race relations. If I did say it ever then it was a joke.

Mar 29, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 28, 2022
    and when I say the above re: race relations, I don't mean you shouldn't talk about it. really the exact opposite, that we should talk about it and take time to understand it.

I wanna hear your POV on immigration in Netherlands/europe @Michael Myers

Mar 29, 2024
  6. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Sep 28, 2022
    Italy!:emoji_spaghetti:
    [​IMG]

poopdogg likes this.
    poopdogg likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Rodamon

Sep 29, 2022
    nah man you are right, Europe is commiting a slow genocide in the Mediterranean and Balkan borders, and history should remember it as such. its a f---ing shame.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Sep 29, 2022
    High percentage of male refugees and immigrants in european countries. Males in general have a 4.6 times higher crime load than females so because of that immigrants are overrepresented in crime statistics. Many people therefore start to believe that all immigrants are bad even though that's not the case. Still many of these single male immigrants, that for whatever reason make it all their way here to europe are a problem. Often they act aggressive and have huge troubles integrating themselves into western society. They are here to take advantage of the good welfare system and to get money without working. Most petty crimes and sexual assaults are carried out by this group (atleast in Austria). Of course not everyone is like that but it makes no sense to pretend to live in a perfect candy dreamworld and ignore the problems that arise when it comes to immigration in european countries.

Mar 29, 2024
  9. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022
    Here in germany there were protest because muslim people have build a mosque that plays out loud quran quotes whenever its time for praying and they get really aggressive about it. The germans are saying please don’t play this out loud its annoying and it doesn’t fit our culture. The muslims getting of course aggressive and want to fight. Muslims saying oh but y’all still have the church belt. Of course you donkey this is a christian country if you don’t like it f--- off

Guma likes this.
    Guma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Sep 29, 2022
    Honestly that wouldn't bother me. There are tons of majority muslim countries with an abundance of churches with bells (My fatherland Egypt for example, Syria, Senegal, Turkey, etc.). Saudi Arabia, which everyone seems to take as the prototype muslim country is actually the exception and not the standard. Also this christian country argument always strikes as odd to me since most european countries label themselves as secular and 42% of germans are atheists. As a true secular country either all religious calls to prayers or none should be allowed.

But sure at the end of the day, if the majority of citizens of germany have a problem with that, then their wish should be respected.

Ordinary Joel, DKC and Guma like this.
    Ordinary Joel, DKC and Guma like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022
    Thats the point. Most germans dont like it so please stop this s---. What if i go to a country where the religion is above the law like syria or turkey? You think i can go there and just preach them catholic stuff? I dont think so.
    Here also a lot of muslim people are contradicting themselves. I saw someone say he would not allow his daughter to marry a christian but its cool if his son does if his wife become a muslim too.
    This is ridiculous

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    Guma likes this.
    Guma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Sep 29, 2022
    Well just look at Sweden from one of the most safe country on earth to a country with literal no gun zones and bombings: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombings_in_Sweden

Chrollo likes this.
    Chrollo likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Sep 29, 2022
    It's a call for prayer for muslims and not preaching stuff to anyone, just as a ringing church bell is just a call for prayer for christians. Nothing more, nothing less. Church bells ring in muslim countries every day because churches exist there. Also I was talking about problems of uncontrolled immigration and you jump immediately to muslims and throw around generalizations. Seems like you just don't like muslims and I can't support that. I feel like we should strive for more dialogue between different ethnic groups and religions just as it has been done many times many hundred years ago instead of pushing everything that's different away from us because it's scary and bad. This is applies to western and eastern societies but seems like the world isn't ready for that yet.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022
    They exist like in turkey. But just so they can say look we accept christian people but if you read the news they hunt christian or other minorities there because they don’t like how the church is potentially changing their culture. This is normal and i think german people should do it too just not as violent. In germany they should hunt terrorists and get them out of the country. The rest can stay but they have to integrate and accept that their culture should not influence ours. They are allowed to pray and things like that but i am sorry those prayers are too much. In italy its the same problem with those immigrants.
    Gay people too. Ok you are gay thats not the problem. The problem starts with them changing the language for their gender. Changing genders and every little detail must get changed so they are not discriminated for example signs for the toilets changed from 2 genders to 10 or so. This is not normal

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022

how is she racist if she says stuff like this?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 29, 2022
    I'm gonna respond to you @DKC but this is close to my answer, gonna add some more points.

The way you said 'europeans afraid of immigrants' came off as there is no reason to be worried and we're just against them... but people's worries are not a joke, they are real and based on facts.

Gonna respond more later at home!

Ordinary Joel, Chrollo, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Chrollo, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022
    How muslims gonna talk about haram if they goin ham over everything?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. DontKnow

Sep 29, 2022
    She's like Mussolini part 2, horrible ideas and she doesn't care about civil rights, keeps saying bs about abortion and she's ignorant.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Sep 29, 2022
    Thats your opinion but a lot of people have voted for her because they think she can change Italy for the better. Who knows it it truly works out but the democracy chose her so have fun

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 29, 2022
    Aight, I'm home :)

First off, yes, there are definitely people that are just against taking in people from other countries no matter what. They don't want other cultures, no "strangers".

But the way you said europeans are afraid of immigrants, really made me want to respond/explain

Take my country, let me paint you a picture of how the current situation is: gas and energy prizes are sky high, many people are in debt or are in danger of it, people are waiting years to get a house because there aren't enough, there are not enough teachers for the kids, not enough police to solve crimes, not enough doctors and hospital beds... now imagine someone saying 'hey lets bring in 100.000 more people'. Aside from people's motives to get here (I get to that later) I can fully understand that a lot of people feel like we can't take more people in our country. Let alone facilitate all of them, when its not even possible for our own people. I think its perfectly reasonable for people to be worried about that.

But still, even with all that, most people still think we should do whatever we can to help refugees: people that are in danger in their own country, like Syria or now, Ukraine. Those people need help, and we can't let them down. And, most of them don't cause any harm either.

However, there is also a group of people from safe countries; they just get here for a better life. And, not an opinion or racism or whatever, but a proven FACT, a lot of those people which are mostly single men, cause a lot of trouble. And that is what most people don't want. Just imagine, if you live in a small town and you have a daughter that rides her bike to school.. and to her friends, sports. And suddenly 200 single men from safe countries are taken in by your town. Would you be happy about it? I think everyone that says 'no problem' is either lying or very naïve. And for the record I'm not saying all of them are criminals or bad people ofc not. But as @Chrollo said a huge part of them sadly are. So if you talk about afraid, yeah, people are definitely scared for their kids being harrassed -or worse- or their older parents being robbed. And I can understand that.

Now, if you ask me, personally. I got a good place to live, no financial issues (yet) so I can only imagine what people are going through. I think we should do whatever is in our power to help refugees. Whether its Syria, or Ukraine, we should. But for other people that just want to get a free house and life, sorry at this moment there is no space or capacity for most of them. I'm talking about the current situation btw. And if people do come in, which in some cases is still needed for whatever reason, the minute one of them harrasses a girl, robs someone, or something like that.. first plane back to their country. We don't need those scumbags here.

So yeah conclusion, to me its not about whether someone is Muslim, or Christian or Buddhist... or whatever feel free to be who you are. Built a mosque or a church, go there, why not? No problem with that at all as long as they don't force their religion or culture on us. Same with vegetarians btw.

Long rant, I just wanted to make sure the image of 'wow people just hate immigrants' is not the case for most people.. most are just worried and (in a lot of cases) that's perfectly reasonable even if it doesn't always has to be.

Ordinary Joel, DKC and poopdogg like this.
    Ordinary Joel, DKC and poopdogg like this.
    Mar 29, 2024