Are you in?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  1. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jun 24, 2024 at 4:20 AM
    I feel like I've let you all down this week, I only listened to this twice as Why Lawd! took up most of my listening time which itself has been less this week.

Overall I enjoyed the project but not as much as other Three Six Mafia's stuff. I'm terrible with track names, even after 10 spins! So can't really mention highlights or lowlights. Although there was one song that was annoying with a phrase that I can't even remember now being repeated through the whole thing.

They had a winning formula and I'm disappointed with myself that I found out about them late in my life. Shout out to @Wreckless for introducing me to them in one of our lives listening sessions we used to do year years ago.

So yeah, s--- review - sorry.

Score 6½/10 as I enjoyed it but not enough to prioritize it.

Jun 29, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jun 24, 2024 at 4:21 AM
    @Justin Trudeau my review for Three Six above.

Evad, Wreckless, DiggleDogg69 and 3 others like this.
    Jun 29, 2024
  3. Evad

Evad Balls

Jun 24, 2024 at 5:33 PM
    Title: Three 6 Mafia - When The Smoke Clears
    Standouts: Sippin' on Some Syrup, Who Run It, Tongue Ring, I'm So Hi, Who Run It
    Skips: Mafia N****z, Barrin You b------s, Touched Wit it,
    Score: 7/10
    Final Thoughts:
    IMO this album effectively showcases Three 6 Mafia's dark, gritty style. Blending horrorcore themes with hardcore Southern hip-hop, the production by DJ Paul and Juicy J create a haunting atmosphere with heavy bass lines, sharp snares, and eerie synths. Lyrically, the group delves into dark and controversial topics like drug use and violence. The album solidifies Three 6 Mafia's place in the rap game with its dark, gritty, and unapologetically raw sound. It's an excellent example of Southern hip-hop and horrorcore, bringing a unique sound that stands out from the mainstream. While it may not be for everyone, and it can feel repetitive or filler at times, if you're a fan of gritty, hardcore hip-hop, you won't be disappointed.

@AOTWClub @Justin Trudeau

Jun 29, 2024
  4. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Jun 25, 2024 at 3:30 PM
    @AOTWClub Three 6 Mafia- When the Smoke Clears has scored a 7.1

@Omar Little awesome album pick! Love the diversity of the picks we've had so far

Also people I don't care so you know if you just post a score for the album, don't need an indepth review

Standings updated on the main page!

Jun 29, 2024
  5. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Jun 26, 2024 at 1:57 AM
    Paris Texas- MID AIR

Favorite Tracks: bullet man, lift off, ain't no high, we fall

Least Favorite Tracks: Split Screen, nuwhip, dnd, earth-2

Okay so this album is weird to me, I dont like it really, but don't necessarily hate it. I find the vocals and rapping boring as f--- on most of the songs. Sounds the same all the time, the few songs I liked I found they sounded a bit different. I actually really liked "aint no high".

I love a lot of "rock rap" (beastie boys, cypress hill, rage against the machine, limp bizkit) but they're on a whole other level than Paris Texas. I just feel like if youre gonna do rock rap you've gotta have a certain charisma and Paris Texas is lacking that.

Anyways I feel like some of the younger members might like this album and type of music, I just feel like the pioneers did it way better. Still appreciate the pick from @lowkitz, I love checking out the different musicians I havent heard before.

Maybe I'm just old but this album to me isn't it.

My rating is a 5/10

@AOTWClub

[​IMG]

Jun 29, 2024
  6. lowkitz

lowkitz https://twitch.tv/lowkitzz

Jun 26, 2024 at 10:43 AM
    All my friends I’ve showed the album too either love it or hate it, it’s definitely hit or miss for everyone! I agree with your favorite and least favorite tracks but DnD would definitely be moved up to favorite in mine

jankland, Ordinary Joel, Evad and 2 others like this.
    Jun 29, 2024
  7. Evad

Evad Balls

Jun 26, 2024 at 4:48 PM
    Title: Paris Texas - MID AIR
    Standouts: tenTHIRTYseven, DnD, Sean-Jared, Closed Caption, BULLET MAN, PANIC!!!, Lift Off, Ain't No high
    Skips: Airborne, Earth-2
    Score: 8/10
    Final Thoughts:
    "Mid Air" is a new and exciting follow-up from their previous release "BOY ANONYMOUS", which I enjoyed immensely at the time. This time around, the duo shows their versatility with high-quality production that combines powerful beats and reflective, melodic moments. Their energetic and engaging vocal style adds depth to the album, and the lyrics offer a raw and honest mix of personal thoughts and social commentary. Fans of genre-blending music and those looking for something outside the mainstream will find much to appreciate here. While it's certainly isn't perfect, it is however a significant addition to their discography and hints at even greater potential for the future.

Overall, it's a strong effort from Paris Texas that demonstrates their growth and willingness to take risks.

@AOTWClub @Justin Trudeau

Jun 29, 2024
  8. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo cute era

Jun 27, 2024 at 7:07 PM
    Paris Texas - MID AIR

OVERALL RATING:
    7/10

I liked it, it kinda reminded me of early xxxtentacion and ski mask music. It just didn’t affect me enough to give it a super high score or have deep thoughts on it, but a 7/10 is still a good album. I feel like I’ve been giving most of these albums 7s or 8s lol. Some of these songs definitely went on my workout playlist. I feel like this could grow on me throughout time

@AOTWClub

Jun 29, 2024
  9. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Jun 27, 2024 at 7:20 PM
    You might find them a bit derivative but there's a chance you'll like these guys

Jun 29, 2024
  10. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Jun 27, 2024 at 8:32 PM
    @AOTWClub
    Favorite Songs: DND, Sean-Jared, Airborne, Everyone's Safe Until.., Ain't No High,...We Fall
    I actually quite enjoyed my time with this album, a bit of the production can be a little samey in the first half and a couple songs probably could've been cut for time but overall it was a fun and charming listen.

I can see why some wouldn't like their writing since it's simple but their sense of humor really pulled me through it, idc what anyone says "She tryna meet/meat up like a Bluechew" is hilarious lmaoo.

I saw some dislike for Earth-2 and I see why but the instrumental reminds me a bit of Bloc Party so I'm legally obligated to not dislike it.

Also in the last couple tracks I got a little more personal lyrics than I was expecting which was really appreciated.
    There's barely any features but I like Teezo so I thought he did good for the 5 seconds he was there and Kenny Mason f---in killed his verse. In the future I'd like to see these guys collab with Baby Keem, they give me similar vibes at points

I hate when people get specific with decimal points for album ratings but I'm really struggling on what to give it so......

Rating 7.3/10

Jun 29, 2024
  11. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Jun 27, 2024 at 8:39 PM
    I'd like to suggest an album for you all to bump. Is this okay @Justin Trudeau

Jun 29, 2024
  12. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo cute era

Jun 27, 2024 at 8:45 PM
    Same, I legit thought Baby Keem was a hidden feature on one of the tracks or something

Jun 29, 2024
  13. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Jun 27, 2024 at 8:53 PM
    You gotta wait for your week if you want one I'll give you one

Jun 29, 2024
  14. Yeez

Yeez Yeez 4.0

Jun 27, 2024 at 9:18 PM
    @AOTWClub I wanna apologize, I’ve been super busy the past few weeks so I didn’t review the last 2 albums in time (I did listen to them tho).I know these won’t count towards the rating but I still wanna review them. I’ll have the Paris, Texas review out soon and on time
    Lorde - Melodrama
    I actually heard this record a few years ago (Solar Power hadn’t even released yet). I definitely enjoyed it more this time sround, but I still prefer Pure Heroine
    Fav Tracks: Green Light, Hard Feelings / Loveless (Second half might be my favorite moment on the entire album)
    Rating: 7/10
    Three 6 Mafia - When The Smoke Clears Sixty 6 Sixty 1
    Holy s---. I LOVE this album. I was already a pretty big fan of early three 6 (mystic stylez was constantly on repeat during my sophomore year of high school) but I hadn’t heard any of their albums past 1998. Even if it isn’t as dark as the earlier albums I still heavily f--- with the production and all the verses and oh my god, the HOOKS
    Fav Songs: Weak Azz b----, Jus Like Us, f--- Y’all Hoes, Touched With It
    Rating: 10

Jun 29, 2024
  15. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Jun 27, 2024 at 9:19 PM
    I'm heading to bed gotta be up at 5 am for work, but I'll add your and change the numbers around not a big deal. I'll do it tomorrow morning

[​IMG]

Jun 29, 2024
  16. Gimp

Jun 27, 2024 at 10:36 PM
    I want a turn to @Ripper Roo said I can have his slot

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Jun 29, 2024
  17. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo cute era

Jun 27, 2024 at 10:47 PM
    [​IMG]

Jun 29, 2024
  18. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jun 28, 2024 at 4:02 AM
    Okay this album is all over the place lmao listening now

Jun 29, 2024
  19. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Jun 28, 2024 at 4:34 PM
    Standings updated with @Yeez late reviews added

@AOTWClub

Jun 29, 2024
  20. stepdad enjoyer

stepdad enjoyer Look what I’m abracadabrin

Jun 28, 2024 at 8:43 PM
    Paris Texas - Mid Air

Favorite songs:
    DnD, Sean-Jared,Lift Off, Earth-2,… We fall, ain’t no high
    least favorite songs: closed caption, bullet man

I liked the album overall, had some highlights that caught me off guard cause I can’t stand rock rap most of the time. I replayed a few of the songs a lot last week, the whole things got real repetetive real quick though. For me a project like this goes hard cause it scratches an itch in a way; it hits harder than you would expect it to but it definitely isn’t something I’d pick up daily. Paris Texas sound like they could evolve and eventually drop a great album, they just need to focus cause some of the songs have weak writing and weirdly realized song structures.
    6/10

Jun 29, 2024