NBA NBA Discussion Thread

Started by Mike Tyson, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Kon

Kon

Jun 2, 2015
    Bron's better if you're playing fantasy basketball. Then again Melo puts up great numbers too, does anyone think he's on the same level? MJ, Shaq, Dr. J, Barkley, Bird and Magic have all said they'd choose Kobe over Bron, guess they're all wrong too.

Bron can still pass Kobe but he needs to at least stay at this pace for another 5-6 years and get 3-4 more rings. Then again I already explained this all lol. Also Bron's not a better defender than Kobe lol.

I just want to respond to one more part then I'm done with this for good cuz Guerilla's absolutely insane with some of what he's saying, you said 'Lol he's past Kobe and that's not even a debate anymore.'

Not a debate anymore? Okay well that'd mean everyone agrees with you that Bron's better, right? Then what's this story that came out today where ALL of the top rated comments are saying Kobe's better?

So let's see that's now the top players of all time and a majority of the fans saying Kobe's better, yet you say it's a done deal that Bron's better.....

You really probably don't even watch basketball and are just basing this off stats and what you hear on ESPN, it's really embarrassing. Also it's hilarious that 'the Heat didn't even make the playoffs' is the argument you chose to underline. What the h--- do you expect to happen to a team that lost 2 star players? Bosh missed almost the whole year and Bron left lol. Wade was also injured often as usual, GREAT argument there buddy..

I'm done but you should really open your mind a bit and quit acting like it's a 'done deal' that Bron is 'way ahead' of Kobe, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem etc because that's an absolutely ridiculous statement according to basically everyone that knows basketball. Please don't even respond to me, you make no sense and I don't want to hear it. Like I said, Bron CAN still pass Kobe but he needs to prove he can do this for as long as Kobe did and he needs to win a few more rings. No chance Bron ever matches Kobe's work ethic and killer instinct though and you're severely overlooking that part of it too.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 2, 2015
    Don't let Kobe's last few years fool you. He was a top class defender for a long time (9-time 1st team, 3-time 2nd team). In his prime, he was definitely one of the fastest players, especially at his position. I'll give you strength, rebounding, and passing, but that's it. Don't forget, Kobe is the only member of the 30k point club to have at least 5k assists. He's one of the most hated on superstars of all time, so it's not surprising when ppl bypass the Lebron/Kobe comparison for the Lebron/MJ debate. Lebron needs to have 3-5 rings to be able to sit at the GOAT table.

M Solo likes this.
    M Solo likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Jun 2, 2015
    lebron said he think he's playing his best basketball of his career right now

but i don't agree. he's obviously playing really well, but he's not shooting well at all from outside he paint, particularly from 3

i'd say he's played a little better in previous seasons

Mar 28, 2024
  4. billyGOAT

Jun 2, 2015
    Bird>Bron

Mar 28, 2024
  5. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Jun 2, 2015
    My boy DWade is gonna be on ABC for some of the Finals games :hov:

Mar 28, 2024
  6. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jun 2, 2015

Who gives a s--- what a hall of famer and former teammate of both thinks... we have internet message board posters @Guerrilla and @Big Mitch confirming that LeBron is indeed better.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Jun 2, 2015
    That's probably gonna be awkward...

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Criza Malone Hamilton

Criza Malone Hamilton Check the birthdate. n*gga you ain't Ric Flair

Jun 2, 2015

Mar 28, 2024
  9. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Jun 2, 2015
    Kobe > Lebron

M Solo and Poohdini like this.
    M Solo and Poohdini like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Five Star

Jun 3, 2015
    Pardon me while I just barge in to point out the fact the Miami Heat would of made the playoffs, had it not been for injuries to key players. Also the 93-94 bulls lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round. Jordan came back the next year and lost in the 2nd round as well

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Poohdini and Big Mitch like this.
    Poohdini and Big Mitch like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Big Mitch

Jun 3, 2015
    That Hall of Famer also said: "That's not a knock against LeBron. It's just that I know Kobe and I played with him longer. I've seen what he can do."

Pretty sure the question was who was better in their prime. Which is hard to answer considering Kobe is past his and LeBron still has a few years left of his.

There's also plenty of players and HOFers who have skipped mentioning Kobe and thrown LeBron in the convo with Jordan...

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Big Mitch

Jun 3, 2015
    Meh, kinda. Him and LeBron are still good friends. Not as awk as Mark Jackson doing Warriors games lol. It could get awk if/when they call him out concerning his contract with the Heat tho

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 3, 2015
    I think that has more to do with Lebron being the man right now. Lebron is great but he has too many question marks on his resume (leaving his hometown team on national TV, getting swept in the finals, Deshawn Stevenson & Jason Terry making you quit in another finals, the Spurs making you quit in last seasons finals, and again leaving a team that you had the ultimate success with in Miami) to be seriously compared to MJ as the GOAT. As far as Kobe, 5 rings, over 10 all nba and all defensive teams, and 17 years at the top of the game speaks for itself.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Kon, M Solo and Big Mitch like this.
    Kon, M Solo and Big Mitch like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Jun 3, 2015
    Not even talking about Lebron. Don't think Wade is built for TV.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Big Mitch

Jun 3, 2015
    This could be a never ending argument lol. I guess we gotta wait till their respective careers are over to really determine who's better.

Kobe also had his fair share of question marks on his resume too.
    I guess we will have to wait and see. He's always been great in interviews and has a high basketball IQ so maybe he'll actually have some good insight on things idk.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 3, 2015
    That's true. Kobe was able to put an end to those question marks after 2007 though. Lebron could do the same IF he can lead this team to a few more championships and improve his 2-3 record in the finals.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

Jun 3, 2015
    Bron got out scored in his prime in a series by Jason friggin Terry, a guy who's a role player. Bron was also awful late in games in that finals series against the Mavs, and the Mavs weren't even a great defensive team. Shockingly he wasn't even rebounding well in the clutch, saw he had 0 rebounds through 5 games in crunch time minutes and only about a dozen points in those same situations. He basically lost that series by himself.

First 5 years of his career or so, he got really passive in the clutch and played scared, he's getting much better at it in recent years though and knows what kinda role he needs to take.

Random but I saw yesterday that Kobe had 14 consecutive games with 35+ points, better than Jordan who had 10. However Kobe's still not in the top 3 in this category as Wilt had all the top 3 spots. :'(

I think Wilt had like 33 in a row or something if I remember right lol. Both Jordan and Kobe had 9 games with 40+ points in a row, didn't see the record for this stat but I'm sure Wilt has it too lol.

Big Mitch and Poohdini like this.
    Big Mitch and Poohdini like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 3, 2015
    I'll never forget that image of him sitting on the bench vs Dallas, staring off into space while his teammates practically begged him to take over.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. KXNG

KXNG I want a drink

Jun 3, 2015
    He didn't have that killer instinct. He had that during this Chicago series though.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Jun 3, 2015
    Bron > Kobe. Kobe had Shaq averaging 36 and 17 for those first 3 rings :whew:

Mar 28, 2024
Live Thread