What do you want from Arrow Season 4?

Started by Bman, May 30, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Bman

May 30, 2015
    I just finished rewatching the first 2 seasons and it struck me... d--- these were good. Like really good. They weren't without their flaws but they were far better than season 3. So I want to ask, What do you want out of Arrow season 4? I've actually already written a brief story outline for the opening moments of the season premiere. I may post it later.
    Here is my list
    - Slade returns as a secondary villain. Not necessarily a henchman. He has brains and bronze so he shouldn't be treated as a stupid thug. But I would like to see him return as a real menace. The right hand man to Damian Darhk. Make him as brutal and unstoppable as the Terminator or Heath Ledgers Joker.
    - open with a b---. Open up the episode with someone releasing Slade from his cell. Start the unraveling of Oliver's happy life with Felicity. I envision them living in Italy or Rome at the start of season 4. Killing Felicity seems a bit to much like women in refrigerators, but maybe shes just captured. Or something happens that brings Oliver back as the Green Arrow.
    - Take the story out of Starling City. I would like to see season 4 be a mix up or Indian Jones and The Dark Knight. A gritty adventure story akin to James Bond. With Team Arrow wizzing around to exotic locations on a quest to stop Damian Darhk. With Slade meeting them at every turn. It's no longer just Starling City at stake.
    - Gritty tone. But don't be afraid to have Oliver joke a little more. The tone should be a finely tuned mixture of Flash and Daredevil. Not afraid to go very dark, not afraid to joke.
    - Damian Darhk is the main villain. Maybe H.I.V.E have infiltrated governments across the word. Similar to Hyrda in Captain America or Quantum in James Bond.
    - Slade is intent of revenge. But perhaps he is given redemption at the end of Season 4?
    - Maybe give season 4 a snazzy tag line to amp people up like Arrow: Redemption. Well not that because that is SUPER cliched. This point needs more brain storming.
    -Make Felicity that fun, witty, independent I.T girl we all know and love. For some reason the Arrow writers have a hard time writing women. which brings me to my next point.
    - Better writing. Better character development. Season 3 suffered from poor writing and characters doing things they would never do. Fix it.
    - Flash Backs in Russia. Perhaps an adventure/revolution story. Oliver living with Anatoly and learning Russian. At the same time the two help the people of their city fight back against the corrupt politicians or mobsters or ETC. bothering them.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Mano

May 30, 2015
    Less love triangles

Sac, Bojack, Deadpool and 2 others like this.
    Sac, Bojack, Deadpool and 2 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Resurrected like Jesus

May 30, 2015
    Unfortunately Slade is off the cards for the time being. Manu is working on other things and it's been said his appearance in season 3 was the last we will see of him for a while.

Like @Mano said the less love triangles the better. I lost count how many times I rolled my eyes in season 3 with all the lovey dovey stuff. I want Damien and H.I.V.E to be a legit threat, more so than what Ra's and the league were. Have Oliver finally become Green Arrow. I don't mind him being called The Arrow, but it feels a tad Smallville-esque with a different name chance every season. Less Felicity the better anda better flashback than Hong Kong cause that s--- bored me.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. Bman

May 30, 2015
    I've heard about the Slade thing. I still hope he returns for next season. I don't think Felicity is a bad character I just think she was poorly written in season 3. And I agree. The high school romance needs to go. It was much better in Seasons 1 and 2 but in season 3 it was terrible.

Cyreides, Deadpool and FreeAgent like this.
    Cyreides, Deadpool and FreeAgent like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. FreeAgent

May 30, 2015
    There's always a chance he will pop up, but I'm leaning more on a season 5 appearance from him. I used to like Felicity but it seems the popular she has become the more annoying she has become. The main writer of seasons 1 & 2 left to write for The Flash, which you can clearly see by how Flash > Arrow. Good news is that he;s back for season 4 so expect a shake up and a much better season.

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  6. Mano

May 30, 2015
    I think Ray "leaving" Team Arrow will help with the love triangles. Legends of Tomorrow is where he'll be most of the time now, yea?

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  7. FreeAgent

May 30, 2015
    I read that characters from all 3 shows will travel back and forth but for now it's safe to say Ray will appear on Legends of Tomorrow more. Really looking forward to that.

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Joshua Smoses

Joshua Smoses Pink fur, looking like Cam

May 30, 2015
    Better writing. Season 3 was a complete mess of different ideas and plot threads that ultimately didn't add up to anything worthwhile

LasiK and Deadpool like this.
    LasiK and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  9. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

May 30, 2015
    Finale mirrored Dark Knight Rises too much. Break Ollie's back and make him climb a pit in the season opener fffff.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  10. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

May 30, 2015
    Better/More consistent writing.
    Keep it in Starling City. That's what Green Arrow has always been and should be; street level vigilante. Obv on a bigger scale.
    No more regular/average people turning into heroes. i.e. Laurel and Thea.
    Bring back Slade. Doesn't have to be the main villain of the season, but maybe a secondary to the main one, whom he may team up with. Ras?
    Give Diggle a d--- costume and put him in the field more.
    More high tech arrows.
    Give Oliver his company back.
    Make Laurel and Nysaa f--- a few times then for the love of god k--- Laurel off.
    BATMAN REFERENCE.

God I want them to make a Batman show in this universe.

TheAQU4M4N likes this.
    TheAQU4M4N likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

May 30, 2015
    I need to get back into this show, are these shows tied into the justice league film? Arrow/The Flash

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. 0TT0

May 30, 2015
    Nah own universe for tv

Laurel needs to die or wear less clothes. More nyssa but cheer her the f--- up.
    Felicity needs to stop crying.
    Better villains

CJ Poe and Bojack like this.
    CJ Poe and Bojack like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  13. Bman

May 31, 2015
    I don't think the crying was the problem. Nothing wrong with a character showing emotion. It was the reasons she had for crying that was poor. And that can be traced back to bad writing. Still, when your boyfriend dies, comes back, and than turns (seemingly) evil, I think you've earned the right for a few tears to say the least. That said the whole season was poorly written. Ra's is a great villain. See Batman TAS or Batman Begins for that. He was just poorly written. And Laurel just needs better writing. Making her eye candy isn't a good idea really...

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. LasiK

LasiK d-mn fine coffee

May 31, 2015

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  15. Black Beard

May 31, 2015
    A good season.

Motor City likes this.
    Motor City likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  16. Motor City

May 31, 2015
    New suit without the hood

felicity to die

Green Arrow, not the arrow

Deathstroke to be in some Suicide Squad episodes, then eventually he escapes the group puts the drug back in him and becomes a mercenary

felicity to die in episode 1

Scenes where Oliver is training Laurel so she can finally be the real Black Canary

Felicity and Captain Lance to die

Oliver to get his company back

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  17. LasiK

LasiK d-mn fine coffee

Jun 3, 2015
    I read that they were going for a lighter tone in Arrow here on out. I'd link my source but I'm on mobile. I don't think that's a good thing for Arrow.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024