Toothaches

Started by SWERVO, Jul 2, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Jul 2, 2015
    I have to get a root canal done in a couple days but the pain is killing me and I feel like I'm not gonna make it to that appt. It hurts so f---ing much constantly. I have been using oraljel pain relief but that s--- barely works. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm about to go buy some percocets.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Mr Rager

Mr Rager Nina Chop

Jul 2, 2015
    I had the same problem awhile ago and had to get a root canal as well

I constantly drank water to distract myself from the pain

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jul 2, 2015
    had the same s--- in 2013 but got my uncle to prescribe me vicodin until my appointment. that s--- is the worst my whole left side of my face was swollen

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Jul 2, 2015
    I had a tooth infection a few years ago and it was the worst pain of my life. My solution was usually to get really drunk.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jul 2, 2015
    Well this is f---ing weird.

I went to make a thread last night about my f---ing c---- head wisdom teeth. Net dropped out, so the thread wasn't created. They're c---- though, absolute f---ing b------s. 3 were half way and broke the gum and would apparently grow out slowly and normally over time. Pretty much just got a few days of mouth/jaw pains when they're coming through, but this last one is an absolute f--- head. I woke up yesterday around 4 am with blood all in my mouth and a massive headache and throbbing jaw/gum/cheek. As of this morning, all 4 have broken bast my gums, my mouth in general feels different and every couple of hours, pain kicks in. Seems like the worst of it is over, heaps happy i don't need surgery to fix them too.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Jaya

Jul 2, 2015
    my wisdom teeth have been bothering me a lot this week but it made me feel better
    but i just been numbing half my mouth with orajel. drooling n s---.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. The Deal

The Deal I don't make deals.

Jul 3, 2015
    Ah I feel for you. For a while I had some dental problems which rendered me an absolute b---- made f-- if I put any type of sweet in my mouth. I tried making pancakes one day, covered in thick, sweet maple syrup. Oh god that was one of the top 10 worst decisions I made in my life. After 2 bites, I threw the plate across the kitchen to break in the sink, and just took up the fetal position in the corner while holding my jaw and trying not to cry.

As to your question, how to stop the pain.. Yes, there are heavy drugs that will wipe it away like a dry erase marker. Percocet may be one of them, for you, personally I've never had much effect from that particular drug. The problems there however are if you run out early, after feeling relieved for a while the pain will return with what feels like ten times as much force as you've gotten used to the numbing effects. Another concern is if you will need to be on them long term, for a couple months or more, you are likely to get addicted, perhaps not mentally, to the point your brain tells you, that you need the drugs, but almost certainly physically, where your body beats the s--- out of you because it doesn't have the chemicals it has grown fond of.

Frankly, I've suffered a lot of pain in a lot of ways in my life. Pills are great, meditation can help, certain "herbal" cures provide some relief. However it's all temporary. I've tried to build my tolerance to pain. I have a pounding headache? f--- Tylenol, tough it out. Instead of trying to focus on anything but the pain, I focus directly on the pain, I try to locate the exact point of origin, I focus on all the feelings it is causing, is it burning, is it a sharp feeling? I basically stare my pain in the eye until one of us flinches, and more and more I am left the winner. That isn't to say that I do not get hurt anymore. Rather, when I do, I can physically, and mentally deal with it a lot easier. I think a big part of the pain, I'm sorry for this poor explanation, but a big part of it is, you thinking "oh s--- oh s---, this hurts, it sucks, ahhh!!" Thus making it even worse then it is. However, if you face it head on, you experience the limits of it, and you see it isn't truly as bad as your imagination is trying to convince you of. Though, don't take this as gospel, this is just a retelling of some relevant personal experiences, which may or may not be of any use to you.
    Good luck all the same.

SWERVO likes this.
    SWERVO likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jul 4, 2015
    Surprised you guys haven't had your wisdoms taken out.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jul 4, 2015
    Toothache pain is the worst pain a human being can suffer, besides Heart Break.

Skaff likes this.
    Skaff likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Jaya

Jul 4, 2015
    they told me mine are growing in straight so theres no need for them to be removed... but it still f---ing hurts like a b----. im waiting on my top 2 to finish being assholes and grow out or something.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Mano

Jul 4, 2015
    They removed one of mine about 2 years ago. Took it out without putting me all the way under and it bothered me for maybe a day. Never actually hurt :idk:

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jul 4, 2015
    yeah nah I can almost guarantee that next dentist visit they'll be taking my wisdom teeth. slowly getting worse, it's f-----.

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 4, 2015
    when I got my wisdom tooth removed they injected some s--- in my mouth to numb it. Which sort of worked. But the dentist was pretty much twisting and turning a huge wench on my tooth with all his might. I could feel the pain creeping up to the numbing medication and it did hurt a few times. Felt so extremely tense and awful I was about to ask the dentist if he's sure of what the f--- he's doing

It was also an asian dentist with horrible english and terrible teeth

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. sxneighty123

Jul 4, 2015
    I had a jaw surgery to align it back properly.. Never been in so much pain, hurt more than actually getting it broken.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Jul 10, 2015
    My appt was canceled so another week of suffering through this. I can go a few hours throughout the day where it isn't bad but every now and then, mainly at night, it flares up so bad and will not go away. I haven't been able to sleep in the past week because of how bad it has been. The whole left side of my face goes into pain and I can feel it in my ear as well. f---.

Mar 28, 2024
  16. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Jul 10, 2015
    Is that why you have been so aggresive lately?..

anyways my mom is a dentist and she said theres nothing you can do except for distracting the pain ofc like akio said. But if its on your lowerjaw and if it has started to swoll up you can call the dentist and ask for an immediately appointment caus thats dangerous if it gets too swollen

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Skaff

Skaff Lit

Jul 10, 2015
    I had the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago, had to get a root canal as well
    Its best to go to the pharmacy and ask for some serious antibiotics, i got rid of the pain within 2 days because of it
    If it's swollen as f--- beneath your jaw and it looks like you have two chins its better to go to the endodontist instead of your regular dentist

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024