Running Thread

Started by Nori, Jun 15, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Jun 30, 2015
    Tried to wake up at 5am to go on a run before it got too hot but I was too tired. Too many beers last night I guess. Woke up at 6 and ran 2 miles but it was already so hot.

Better pace than my last 2 mile run and much more consistent - 8:41 and 8:50. I ran hard the whole time and almost threw up at the end though since it was already like 90 out.

[​IMG]

That's terrible, they really should s--- it up and just pay to have it lit up the entire night. :emoji_neutral_face:

I don't listen to Drake, sorry Skip. :emoji_cry:

We need more runners in this thread!

Mar 29, 2024
  2. Loyalty

Jun 30, 2015
    @Koolo - maybe you can tag @bestmembers in this thread.

I'll give 100 likes to any new runner who walks/runs a mile and posts any kind of screenshot or picture this week.

After all, the healthier we are, the longer we all live and the longer this forum lasts! It's for a good cause Koolo. :emoji_wink:

Mar 29, 2024
  3. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jun 30, 2015
    This does remind me I need to get back in the habit of this one of these days. Used to love those mile - 2mile runs during weekend mornings when I didn't have soccer practice or work. College came and soccer practices/gym workouts got way more intense so I felt drained as h--- to even try doing them in like 3 years.

Mar 29, 2024
  4. CODEiNE DEMON

CODEiNE DEMON One foot stuck in the tarpit of my ways

Jun 30, 2015
    How would one record how long they walk for? I don't run but I go for walks every other day and I'm pretty sure I go for at least a mile each time

Final, Ordinary Joel, Mimi and 2 others like this.
    Final, Ordinary Joel, Mimi and 2 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Loyalty

Jun 30, 2015
    That's great that you do soccer and workout though, I'm sure you run several miles playing soccer? :emoji_thumbsup:

Nice! There are lots of free apps that track walks/runs that use your phone's GPS to track them. Here's one for iPhones, I'm sure there are plenty for Android etc.

Mar 29, 2024
  6. Fire Squad

Jun 30, 2015
    Absolutely I'd have loved to find out how much I must have ran in at least one game even if my playing position didn't require that much work-load in comparison to my teammates. Trust me Division One in college was intense lol. As of now as a coach I haven't been that demanding on my teams to do a lot of running/cardio drills since I know they are fit and preferably I'd rather work on their field related skill-sets but I try encouraging them to try light runs every once in awhile during the week to help with stamina.

Final and Loyalty like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Jun 30, 2015
    Imma hit the gym today, but ill put in a couple of miles tomorrow.
    I've been doing more biking and light jogging here and there for cardio on non-gym days so I'm curious how close to my prime running shape I'm in.
    Ill track and post the results up here, hoping I havent slowed down too much.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. Nori

Nori ☺ Deadpool is my deformed bousin☺

Jun 30, 2015
    @Loyalty thanks for holding it down for me while I've been away. I got super sick on Friday and I'm still in the process of recovering. I should be fine for my race on the 4th though. Anyways, what you said about me motivating you was the coolest things any one has ever said to me :wiggins:

I've been doing A LOT of resting so far, my nose is still stuffy and stuff but I should be back to the gym tomorrow. I go into such a slump when I don't run. I didn't see the sun for the first two days I was sick.

Final, Ordinary Joel and Loyalty like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. lil uzi vert stan

Jun 30, 2015
    went for a brief 2 mile run this weekend. been slacking still.

Final, Ordinary Joel, Loyalty and 2 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Fire Squad

Jun 30, 2015
    @Loyalty I actually got curious and looked it up at how far do soccer player's run during a game: http://www.active.com/soccer/articles/how-far-do-you-run-during-a-soccer-game-872900

To keep it on the subject of running it was tricky trying to keep your stamina up for a full 90-min game, you don't fully want to push yourself since it's never a good idea being exhausted near the end of a game. Similar to a race actually, you just had to choose the best time and opportunity.

Mar 29, 2024
  11. Loyalty

Jun 30, 2015
    That was an interesting read! That still ends up being a lot of running, and obviously it's much better than if you were not exercising at all. I played soccer as a kid but was never any good, although it does look fun to play.

Good luck! :lcool:

Definitely post your results etc.

:wiggins:

Being sick is the worst! I hate being so unable to move or run or anything. Glad you're feeling a little better at least. 4 days til the race!
    At least you're running! 2 miles is all I've been doing too. It's too hot.

Mar 29, 2024
  12. Methods

Jun 30, 2015
    might go a run this week, see how far off my competition 5k PB I am. these days with it being 3/4 years since I ran it.

Final, Nori, Mimi and 1 other person like this.
    Final, Nori, Mimi and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. Loyalty

Jul 3, 2015
    Vacationing in California this week and I went on a run in Pasadena.. There were like 30 peacocks just roaming the streets in the neighborhood, it was very cool. I cut my run short just cuz I kept having to stop to take pics of peacocks.

[​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  14. Nori

Jul 3, 2015
    So basically I've been sick since last Friday, I had to call out of work and I've doing emotional eating since I'm bummed by the fact that I haven't been able to run :emoji_sob:. Luckily I had sick days at both jobs. Felt much better yesterday and feeling alright today. I probably won't be a %100 tomorrow but I'm not gonna let it spoil my fun. I ate pretty well today compared to this whole past week. Went and picked up my package today since race-day pickup ins't available for this race due to security reasons.

[​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  15. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jul 3, 2015
    I'd literally s--- myself if I saw them roam the streets.

Mar 29, 2024
  16. Loyalty

Jul 3, 2015
    Good luck tomorrow! Looks like it's going to be a blast. Hopefully you wake up before the race suddenly feeling 100% :lcool:
    Luckily the friends I'm staying with warned me ahead of time so I wasn't surprised! They're actually very nice, they keep their distance from humans

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jul 4, 2015
    I have a bird phobia so yeah I'd still s--- myself. :ashgray:

Mimi and Loyalty like this.
    Mimi and Loyalty like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. Suburban Scum

Suburban Scum Annihilator

Jul 4, 2015
    Don't even compare to any of you but everyday I run 25 minutes on the olyptical machine at the gym :bey3:

Loyalty, Nori and Mimi like this.
    Loyalty, Nori and Mimi like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. Nori

Jul 4, 2015
    Waiting line for ferry

[​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  20. Nori

Jul 5, 2015
    Hey guys, race went pretty well overall. I didn't have any high expectations since I went in heavier than usual and I hadn't done anything for a week so i didn't know how my knee would respond. Knee was pretty good during the run, only bothered me a couple of times here and there, but I expected it. I ended up with a 8:07 pace and placed alright. The race itself was super cool though, since I had only done halfs and a 10k prior to this, I'm usually one of the youngest ones. This wasn't the case this time though, I ran past a couple of 12 year olds in the race and there were even a couple who finished ahead. I lady ran with her two kids. Great atmosphere, probably second most fun race out of the 4 I've ran so far. Here are the results and pics.

[​IMG]

This is when we were going into the ferry

[​IMG]

Everyone getting off the ferry

[​IMG]

Me heading toward the race, shoutout to my mom for the pic
    [​IMG]

Everyone getting in their pre-race poops
    [​IMG]

Me losing to two older dudes by 1 second =(
    [​IMG]

Waiting for ferry back to the city
    [​IMG]

DeletedAccount, threee, Mimi and 6 others like this.
    DeletedAccount, threee, Mimi and 6 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024