Spoilers [Potential Spoilers] Worst TV show finale?

Started by SHUDEYE, Feb 10, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Feb 10, 2016
    lol i was way behind in watching and heard from a friend just how terrible the season had been... i watched hte first 2 episodes of season 8 and then the finale. happy as f--- i didn't invest anymore time.

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  2. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

Feb 10, 2016
    Season 2 was the best. So intense. Season 4 was good. Otherwise it was kind of meh.

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  3. Drax99

Drax99 My revenge will be artistic not personal

Feb 11, 2016
    Oh no, I thought S2 of BB in general was top notch & honestly the best season in the series (I pretty much count it & one as like a whole, not to mention 1 just tapered off into 2 without rly having a proper finale). I just meant that

SPOILERS

the whole red herring with the plane incident was one of the most like "seriously?" finales, I've seen. Not even upset about the red herring but just the whole plane crashing over his house, apart from being wholly unrealistic, is pretty much a bombastic way of implicating that walt's actions have unintended consequences & effects. It was really just didactic & felt moralistic, not to mention it undermined walt's whole decision to let Jane die and guilt trips us into thinking his action was immoral and totally wrong. Like it obv was inexcusable but having a plane crash over his house be a result of his inaction rly just leaves no room for gray here.

& that's just like the subtext about the plane crash, the whole thing just seemed wholly improbable and almost like it wasn't planned well in advance. Breaking Bad was always an amorphous show where the plot is made up as it went along and wasn't super air tight like the wire, but it's fine cause individual episodes were great. But just the way it wrapped felt like a dog running over to knock something over after getting it's a--- bitten and than running back to the couch to knock the bowl of popcorn back on the floor where it started.

SPOILER

glad we agree on TD though. That series just deflated as it went along and they were building up and building up but it just went nowhere. It had a nice happy ending that feels climactic though, so I guess maybe that's why it's not bashed too hard?

M Solo likes this.
    M Solo likes this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  4. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Feb 11, 2016
    Entourage.

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024