Wrestling Official WWE Thread

Started by Big Dangerous, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Kon

Kon

Feb 1, 2017

Sounds like they still aren't sure how serious it is and nothing's definite yet, but guessing HHH/Rollins will most likely be off till around summerslam.

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Kon

Kon

Feb 2, 2017
    So the latest report I saw on wrestlezone basically said WWEs been discussing the idea of Taker 'passing the torch' to Reigns at Mania for their match lol.

They did mention they knew Reigns would likely get booed out of the building and said it could potentially be the start of his heel run(doubt it) but their plan is to eventually have Reigns be the face of the company. Apparently Vince has wanted this match for a while and feels this may be the last chance.

What a f---in joke, they won't ever give up on Reigns, he's such a s-----y actor and has no mic skills or personality.

Apr 25, 2024
  3. Pinhead

Feb 2, 2017
    They just don't get it

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. tomroe93

Feb 2, 2017
    Meltzer said that it's looking like Rollins is only going to be out 8 weeks, which makes WrestleMania a possibility but not a definite thing.

Here's his rundown of the current WrestleMania line up
    *Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal title. Goldberg should win the title at Fast Lane, the next show he’s appearing on. WrestleMania is the final match of Goldberg’s current contract, but given that he’s been a big success so far, there is no reason that can’t be renewed. Nevertheless, given the way the build has gone, one would expect Lesnar to come out as champion. And if that’s the case, the speculation would be on who he loses it to, with the latest pushes indicate Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman leading the pack.

*Undertaker vs. Reigns. They shot the angle in the Rumble, where Reigns eliminated Undertaker. As noted before, Reigns will be booed out of the building against Undertaker. It was noted to us that Vince McMahon had been wanting to make this match for some time. With Undertaker’s condition the way it is, this could have been the last chance to do it. There is the idea of a generational passing of the torch. That could mean a Reigns win and a heel run with the idea the fans turned on him, since long-term the goal is still to be the face of the company. It could mean an Undertaker win as a way to humanize Reigns, and get endorsed by Undertaker (which also could come if Reigns wins and they are dead set against the heel turn even though the crowd reactions at least on TV’s and PPV’s will continue to be strongly negative). Undertaker was clearly not in shape in the Rumble. From what we understand, even though he did very little in the match, his hip was hurting badly after his recent surgery. He needs hip replacement surgery, but he’s been putting it off until he ends his career. Hopefully with two more months he can be in good enough shape to be able to do a solid lengthy singles match.

*HHH vs. Seth Rollins. Obviously this is in jeopardy right now.

*Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title. The first part of the planned set up came through with Orton winning. Wyatt is scheduled to win the Elimination Chamber match and win the title at this stage I can’t see that changing. Orton is to be the babyface in this program. Either way, it’s likely the two will continue their program after WrestleMania, which also takes A.J. Styles out of the title picture for now.

*Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens. No word if the U.S. title will be at stake. Jericho’s run was supposed to originally end a long time ago, but things worked out well for him and he’s inked new short-term deals. He does have some concerts scheduled for 5/27 to 6/9, but that’s it, so it’s not a lock he’s leaving after WrestleMania as it once appeared.

*John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse. This is notable in a lot of ways. When this match came out, a ton of people internally were rolling their eyes about it. On one hand, it does feel like a waste for Cena, who was originally to face Undertaker, and there was also talk of Samoa Joe and others. But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella’s last match (there are reports of that but nobody we’ve asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well. Miz has done a great job of late and the Miz & Maryse couple are a near main event level act. With the storyline where Natalya pushed that “John will never marry you,” I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that’s the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don’t know that’s the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.

*Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal. It really doesn’t matter what they do here. O’Neal should lose since it’s not like he’s coming back and Show is, but in these types of situations, the rule of thumb is to put the celebrity over because it’s all about the post-show coverage, and to the real world, clips of Shaq winning play better than Show winning. Show is 45 years old and his winning or losing means nothing in the long run.

*Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title. They are pushing the Charlotte PPV winning streak hard. WrestleMania would be the time to lose it. Bayley is obviously the person to win it. To me, that’s actually too soon for the story, but WrestleMania is so obviously the place to do it. Plus it would enable a Bayley vs. Banks match at SummerSlam in Brooklyn. But given the work Charlotte has done in building up the value of the title in recent months, and her presence on interviews which none of the other women have, it’s hard for me to see her out of the title picture for any length of time.

The other match that is rumored that looks likely, but not confirmed is A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon.

That pretty much takes care of most of the show. There could be an IC title match with Dean Ambrose. With Miz in the Cena match, that puts either Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler as the leading contenders for it. There are also both brand tag team titles and the Smackdown women’s title. Corbin also makes sense in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, where Braun Strowman, at one time scheduled to win it last year, would be the favorite. As far as top guys go, with the exception of Finn Balor, that seems to take care of everyone.

Sign Language and Alpha like this.
    Sign Language and Alpha like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Feb 7, 2017
    WM33 lookin like 90% s--- rn

Kon and Kush Gawd like this.
    Kon and Kush Gawd like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. 83837477

83837477 Test Account

Feb 7, 2017
    WWE doesn't judge me

Apr 25, 2024
  7. tomroe93

Feb 10, 2017
    There's a Smackdown house show right next to my apartment on Easter Sunday. Looks like I'm going to that in addition to MITB

Sign Language and Kush Gawd like this.
    Sign Language and Kush Gawd like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Feb 13, 2017
    Just a reminder that the first two seasons of Lucha Underground arrive on Netflix Wednesday! @WrestlingBros

Apr 25, 2024
  9. Sign Language

Feb 13, 2017
    d---, that's cool.

Survivor Series is gonna be in Houston this year so I'm gonna definitely try to catch that. Plus I assume there will be a Takeover show since it's a big four ppv.

Apr 25, 2024
  10. tomroe93

Feb 13, 2017
    f--- yeah! Can't wait to finally watch

@Sign Language I asked off work for religious reasons so they can't say no :lmaooo:

Apr 25, 2024
  11. Big Dangerous

Feb 13, 2017
    Dude u can actually do that?

Epic

Apr 25, 2024
  12. Sign Language

Feb 13, 2017
    :TddyLng2:

Apr 25, 2024
  13. Big Dangerous

Feb 13, 2017
    So glad I subscribed to NJPW...my college has poverty wifi so on Sunday's I can never stream WWE network, thankfully NJPW works like a charm HD videos any time of the day, no buffering flawless scrubbing through content

Meanwhile I'll be lucky if wwe network works enough to watch one match during down hours throughout the week

Try explaining that one

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. tomroe93

Feb 13, 2017
    Apparently LU on Netflix has been delayed

Big Dangerous and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. Sign Language

Feb 14, 2017
    Wtf

I'm playing my career on 2k17. John cena attacks me with a chair to start a feud, and I'm the heel in this feud. Even in the games cena never turns heel.

CJ Poe, Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    CJ Poe, Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Feb 14, 2017
    Please keep Kelly Kelly the f--- off my TV. That b---- can not wrestle and Andrew Martin deserved a better woman before he left us. I know she's cute. I don't give a f---. Alexa Bliss is cuter and can wrestle better. You know you s--- when you make The Bellas look like Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. Smfh. Leave her out of this s---. Dark Diva Days have been buried for a reason.

Apr 25, 2024
  17. tomroe93

Feb 14, 2017
    Is Kelly Kelly coming back or something?

Apr 25, 2024
  18. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Feb 14, 2017
    Ugh. She might be. Look her name up. http://www.wwe.com recently did an interview with her and there's serious speculation of bringing her back. If any of you are her fans, air yourself out now for only liking women wrestling if they look hot. f--- if they know what they're doing. She was always sloppy. Candice Michelle and her and Maryse and even Michelle McCool were awful.

Apr 25, 2024
  19. Pinhead

Feb 15, 2017
    Kelly was serviceable at the end of her career. No reason she can't get better now.

Apr 25, 2024
  20. Sign Language

Feb 16, 2017
    Someone told me the worst news ever today.

Wrestling is fake.
    :boogeysad:

CJ Poe, Big Dangerous and tomroe93 like this.
    CJ Poe, Big Dangerous and tomroe93 like this.
    Apr 25, 2024