Gaming Ps5 vs. Series X: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

Started by Galaxy, Feb 21, 2020, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

Which next gen console are you leaning more towards?

1. Ps5

61.9%
  2. Series X

16.7%
  3. Neither, I'm playing strictly on Switch

4.8%
  4. Neither, I'm playing strictly on PC

10.7%
  5. I plan to get both

6.0%
  1. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Feb 21, 2024
    I'm happy with this. It gives me a chance to get through my backlog before GTAVI.
    I've got:
    FF7: Rebirth
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Need for Speed Unbound
    Tomb Raider Trilogy
    Madden 25

Those are my must plays. There's other s--- on the PS Store that looks good as well like the Tales games.

Ordinary Joel and dna hits like this.
    Ordinary Joel and dna hits like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo sleepy

Feb 21, 2024
    For me it’s:

The Last of Us Part II Remastered
    Sonic Superstars
    Cup Head
    God of War 2018 (maybe)
    Uncharted series (maybe)
    Tomb Raider trilogy (maybe)

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. dna hits

Feb 21, 2024
    After getting further into Zelda BOTW, I’d rank it over re4 and 2 remake. You really can’t run out of things to do with searching any tree, finding decent swords. Can’t wait to get closer to the end hopefully built up well enough to beat it. Then grab TOTK.

Won’t have as much time now with work season picking up and will be hammered in a month.

Apr 27, 2024
  4. dna hits

Feb 21, 2024
    I saw some controversial reviews with this game mostly complaining about controls but I still can play tank controls with re2 on the ps2. I’ll probably wait for a sale.

I saw you’re a final fantasy fan, is the ps5 worth buying for ff 16? It’s the only sony game i want after playing ff7 remake. Probably would grab a remaster of classic too. It’s just other than that, can’t think of a ps5 game id want until the new gta, which will need an upgraded ps5 by then. Sometimes I’ll play my brother in laws ps5, tried his god of war too boring to me. The one Spider-Man game is the only ps5 game I could get into but not worth a console.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Apr 27, 2024
  5. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Feb 23, 2024
    Cup head good? It looks fun i might grab it when its on sale

Ordinary Joel and Ripper Roo like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo sleepy

Feb 23, 2024
    Yeah, but it’s more difficult than it looks. I watched gameplay and thought I’d beat it easily but I have been having lots of trouble lmao

Ordinary Joel and Justin Trudeau like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. dna hits

Feb 23, 2024
    When this game first came out years ago now it was only 10 for the ps4. Just be ready to fail a level 50 times before passing sometimes. If you like that kind of game definitely grab it.

I made it to the second island and beat all the areas except the roller coaster one. I watched people beat it online but that level has different changes n waves of enemies n things to dodge it’s hard to remember. But if beat that I would have been on the 3rd final island on the original version.

Ordinary Joel and Justin Trudeau like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  8. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Feb 23, 2024
    s---, I forget about the new God of War and new Spiderman games as well!

On order for me it's:
    Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    God of War Ragnarok
    Spiderman 2
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Tomb Raider Trilogy Remaster
    Need for Speed Unbound and Madden 24 will just slot in random sessions inbetween.

Apr 27, 2024
  9. dna hits

Feb 23, 2024
    ^ Only one great game with FF7 Rebirth
    Spider-Man 2 was decent, but didn’t improve much from the last Spider-Man and same combat, very similar. Didn’t bother wanting to continue in the future when used the ps5. And all new big titles are flopping big time.

Apr 27, 2024
  10. Marsh

Marsh May 15th

Feb 23, 2024
    I've had fun with pretty much every Assassin's Creed game tbh, only missing the last one that I will end up buying sooner or later.

Apr 27, 2024
  11. Galaxy

Galaxy When I'm fxcked up, that's the real me

Mar 3, 2024
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-p...wnload-included-white/6565065.p?skuId=6565065
    Best Buy is selling the Spider-Man 2 bundle for $450 while the console by itself is still $500. who in the right mind is going to spend an extra $50 for just the console when you can save money AND get a free game?

Apr 27, 2024
  12. Jerome

Mar 3, 2024
    The 360 until very late in the cycle actually sold more copies than the PS3.
    People forget how hard Sony fumbled the bag with the release of the PS3.

The console was way too expensive (I think 599 or 699 $/€ depending on the location), and despite that the games looked worse than on the 360 despite the PS3 being way more powerful on paper. The special Cell CPU that was used in the PS3 was notoriously hard to develop games for, so the games -especially in the early cycle - looked way better on 360 since devs used the 360 as the main platform.

Sony learned their lesson and switched back to a basic x64 cpu for the PS4.

Apr 27, 2024
  13. Galaxy

Mar 9, 2024
    oh yeah. for the vast majority of the seventh generation, the 360 was kicking the Ps3's a---. I don't know who in hardcore gaming could forget that, but I'm always gonna remember. You already explained some of the reasons why, but my only points were that
    1. if we just by console sales, the Wii kicked both the Ps3 & 360's a--- back then and
    2. the 360 had some bad a--- issues of its own, most importantly the RROD which at its peak, had over a 50% failure rate. that basically meant 1 in every 2 360s bricked. if that's not one of the worst hardware failures of all time, I don't know what it is!

Apr 27, 2024
  14. dna hits

Mar 9, 2024
    The 360 ended up releasing newer console upgrades to fix the red ring of death. This is when online multiplayer was booming and Xbox had halo 3, gears of war. PlayStation didn’t have a big multiplayer game then. When I got the red ring of death which was my own fault throwing a drink on it, I sent it to Microsoft they had a repair service for free and sent me a fixed 360 like 30-32 days later.

And the switch is going to pass the ps2 soon in sales overall. One thing I really enjoy about the Oled is I don’t have to be connected to internet just to play games.

Apr 27, 2024
  15. Galaxy

Mar 9, 2024
    With the release of the 360 slim I think the RROD issues were finally resolved, but I'm just saying at its worst it was one of the biggest hardware failures in history. also, I would argue that PlayStation has never had a big multiplayer game ever. Not until very recently with Helldivers 2 which is a sleeper hit since they didn't expect to be as big is it is now. And yes...very soon, the Ps2 is gonna get dethroned. I think it's even more of a guarantee now that the Switch 2 is delayed into next year.

Apr 27, 2024
  16. dna hits

Mar 9, 2024
    This still didn’t affect the consoles success and all my friends who switched to 360 never got the red ring. I only did spilling a drink on it. It had classic games for it and ps3 didn’t.
    What? lol. PlayStation tried to hype up helldivers so much I remember first day reviews saying the game needs work and sucks. It did pick up since, but they forced helldivers to be the only decent multiplayer game for ps, it’s not like there are other choices with ps exclusives. Ik of no one who owns the game personally. The game sold bad enough to where PC put it on sale on steam.
    And the ps2 is only ahead because it could play dvd’s at a popular time for dvd’s. The switch is going to surpass it still, with no streaming networks. Yikes!!!

Apr 27, 2024
  17. Galaxy

Mar 9, 2024
    just because it didn't affect the console's success doesn't mean that the hardware failure itself wasn't a disaster. you're speaking anecdotally and I can too; I know plenty of people who actually did get affected by RROD. and what's classic games got to do with anything?
    Sony themselves said that the game is doing way, way, better than expected. Whatever promo they did for this game isn't anywhere near the promo they do for their AAA titles and a lot of news outlets have been calling the game a sleeper hit. Again you speak anecdotally...I know quite a few people who own the game too.
    being a DVD player back in the day is definitely one great factor as to why the Ps2 remains to this day the best selling console of all time, but I certainly wouldn't say it's only ahead for that reason. no other console was able to outsell it in almost two decades, after all.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    Apr 27, 2024
  18. dna hits

Mar 9, 2024
    Ps2 still probably my favorite console of all time and mainly due to nostalgia. Still have it pugged in when I want to play re2 or 3. Back surgery ruined sitting to game for more than 1-2 hours but the Oled helped fix that problem and is my favorite handheld. BOTW was the first game in years that actually blew me away for being a 2017 game on 2010 technology.

I mainly just mean consoles kind of going downhill pushing out rushed trash games. The remakes of classic games helped the consoles big time the last few years but need to eventually create a new popular gaming franchise. My brother in law plays his ps3 and GameCube and hardly touches the ps5. Other than a few remakes then gta 6 I just feel PlayStation took a dive compared to what they used to be.

Apr 27, 2024
  19. Galaxy

Mar 19, 2024
    looks like the rumors about a Ps5 pro are true

Apr 27, 2024
  20. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Mar 19, 2024
    Thank god i traded my ps5 for an xbox series x. Emulators, cheap games via vpn and gamepass

Apr 27, 2024