Pusha T talks to Zane Lowe on possible Clipse Reunion, King Push and Gorillaz Collaboration

Started by Ordinary Joel, Apr 9, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Apr 9, 2017
    https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/artic...concept-for-humanz?utm_source=noiseytwitterus

Pusha T Talks to Zane Lowe About Possible Clipse Reunion, ‘King Push,’ and Damon Albarn’s Uncanny Concept for ‘Humanz’

Alex Robert Ross

Apr 7 2017, 2:50am

[​IMG]

"Keep hope alive, Clipse fans," he told Lowe. "I’m forever with it. Everybody knows I’m with it, it’s just about getting him on the same page."
    Pusha T made a surprise appearance on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show today, calling in from a studio in Atlanta to update fans on the chances of a musical reunion as Clipse with his brother, No Malice, his forthcoming album King Push, and his recent collaborations with Gorillaz.

The Clipse news was ambiguous, but tantalizing for fans. He said that things with his brother were "totally in a good place."

"Keep hope alive, Clipse fans. I'm forever with it. Everybody knows I'm with it, it's just about getting him on the same page… the chemistry's still there, the key players are still there."

He confirmed that his third studio album, King Push, would be out this year and hinted—he actually said the words "hint hint"—that Metro Boomin would feature on the record. "It's a lot," he told Lowe. The King Push album is something that's forever evolving. That's what I do. Definitely this year. I'm in Atlanta right now working on it[...] I'm on my way to LA tomorrow. I'm hopscotching around the world getting this together."

Push also shared some uncanny stories about his new work with Gorillaz for their long-awaited new album, Humanz. When he went to London last year to work on new tracks, he said, Damon Albarn had a concept laid out. "When I get over there, Damon begins to tell me [that] the album's a party for the end of the world if Trump were to win. This is conceptualized as a party for the end of the world if Trump wins. I didn't even want to think about it, but it did give me a colorful backdrop into just being like say anything and attack all issues that i wanted to attack.

"I wrote from the perspective of that day of A Trump win," he continued. "Then I started wondering, 'what type of crystal ball does this guy [Albarn] have? Why are you even asking me to even think along these lines? [...] He was first. I don't think that he thought he was going to win, but he definitely conceptualized this whole thing."

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Maximus

Maximus Skeppy

Apr 9, 2017
    get your s--- together pusha and release it

dda was almost a year ago now ffs

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Apr 9, 2017
    Almost a year and a half ago actually. :lol3:

Maximus likes this.
    Maximus likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Maximus

Maximus Skeppy

Apr 9, 2017
    f--- me

yeah this album waaaayyyy overdue

Mar 28, 2024
  5. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 9, 2017
    "clipse reunion" fuk off, they have always been on good terms and capable of making music old m8 just hates rapping about cool things cause of god and jesus

Mar 28, 2024
  6. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Apr 9, 2017
    CRUEL WINTER!??? NO?

Mar 28, 2024
  7. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter