Rapper Dex Osama reportedly dead in strip club shooting

Started by Ordinary Joel, Sep 8, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 8, 2015
    Rapper Dex Osama was shot and killed early Monday morning at a Detroit strip club, according to news and blog reports.

The shooting was believed to have been sparked by an argument that started inside the Crazy Horse strip club on Michigan Avenue on Detroit's southwest side, WXYZ-TV and WDIV-TV reported, citing unnamed Detroit Police sources. Two others were also wounded at the gentlemen's club on Lonyo and Michigan, Fox2Detroit.com reported.

Sgt. Cassandra Lewis, a spokewoman for the Detroit Police Department, would only confirm that a 26-year-old man was fatally shot at the club at about 1:30 a.m. The man's identity has not yet been released, she said.

In the past four months, several of Osama's tracks on the music service Soundcloud have drawn more than 175,000 listens. In those songs, his musical vibe was rough, with lyrics about crime scenarios and street life.

The up-and-coming Detroit rapper had recently been signed to a recording deal by Meek Mill, who posted an Instagram mourning Osama.

meekmill d--- RIP YOUNGIN..... Had a lot of talks with you about getting out them streets and chasing ya dreams! I really believed in you and seen you putting on for Detroit! RIP @dex_osama for all my fellow young kings coming up tryna make it out, take ya time and think about where you want ya life to go! MAY GOD BLESS HIS SOUL! Never let them streets shatter ya dreams!!!

In one of Osama's more popular songs, "Death on Me," he alluded to being a possible target of violence: "My momma said I got death on me/The reason why I got this vest on me....(they) want me dead (expletive)/They put money on my head."

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Sep 8, 2015
    Yellow pants :scust:
    Not gonna pretend to know who he is, or act like I'm saddened by his passing but that is pretty s-----y to be taken away as soon as you get a deal.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Dking002

Sep 8, 2015
    RIP to him, and well wishes to his family

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024