Eminem Rate each album (eminem)

Started by ekawAediWyatS, Jul 17, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 19, 2020
    Yeah but it goes on too long. I think its okay but most people dont like it because he is looking at things from both perspectives and most people think thats a crime here lol

modli and Ricky like this.
    modli and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 19, 2020
    That's very true what you just said

The Moon Man and Michael Myers like this.
    The Moon Man and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Sahil Kohli

Jul 19, 2020
    Infinite: 6/10 (Good lyrics, performance but boring production)

SSLP: 9/10 (Still a classic, however production is ageing backwards)

MMLP: 9.5/10 (Near flawless, amazing album in every aspect, however UTI, Amittyville, BP2 haven't aged as well as the stronger songs on here)

TES: 9.5/10 (Amazing production, probably his best produced album, a good mix of comical, political and introspective Shady, however, SWYS, Drips are kinda weak)

Encore: 6.5/10 (Overhated, great production, solid lyricism, has some classics, but the whole stretch from Puke to JLI makes it average)

Relapse: 9/10 (This could be his most well produced effort as well. Amazing beats, his skill was A1, content wise and production wise it was cohesive. Could've done without like 3-4 tracks, would've made it as good as TES)

Recovery: 8.5/10 (A refreshing change in sound for Em, production is fantastic, Em sounds great on it. Lyricism is pretty good however there's some of his worst lyrics on here. Two weak songs, WTP and WBD)

MMLP2: 7.8/10 (Good album, but really inconsistent and messy. Some songs really deserve to be a part of a sequel to one of the greatest albums ever, but some songs had no reason to be here, like Desperation, Love Game, So Far, STIWS, SMB. Production is really uninteresting for a good part, but Eminem's rapping carried it)

Revival: 4/10 (Awful album, awful beats, so many awful lines, awful in every aspect. Except Wow, Believe, Framed and last three tracks, its unlistenable)

Kamikaze: 7/10 (Way better production, but still kinda generic, not a huge fan of "Mumble rap badddd" and his whiny lyrics on this album, but i understand where he was coming from. First three tracks are amazing. Then Stepping Stone Not Alike and Fall are heat. Rest is mid)

MTBMB: 8.7/10 (His best in years, fantastic production. Great lyricism tho there's still some corn. Features were f---ing amazing, except Young MA. A nice mix of Shady having fun, rapping about his life and worldview, rapping about love and just going lyrical miracle spiritual. Basically, Revival, but better. Three weak tracks in form of TKN, Marsh, Farewell, rest is top-tier)

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 19, 2020

I agree with lots of this, however, couple things, MMLP2 over Kami and Marsh is dope.

ekawAediWyatS likes this.
    ekawAediWyatS likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Jul 21, 2020

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Z Gangsta

Jul 21, 2020
    The Slim Shady LP 10/10
    The Marshall Mathers LP 10/10
    The Eminem Show 10/10
    Encore 3/10
    Relapse 5/10
    Recovery 7/10
    The Marshall Mathers LP 2 2/10
    Revival 3.1/10
    Kamikaze 8/10
    Music To Be Murdered By 8.1/10

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Z Gangsta

Jul 21, 2020

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress NEW EM - APRIL 5th.

Jul 21, 2020
    Infinite - 6/10: solid lyricism, performances and songs top to bottom; really I only deduct points for the production. Not even the cliche ''sounds like AZ & Nas'' thing; first of all most rappers sound like each other, I think he gets overly harsh critique (he himself says it, I know) on that due to being white - the title track sounds a lot like AZ... hardly any of it like Nas (not sure what Nas anybody else is listening to), other than just being a bit laid-back.

He Still has many unique aspects to his writing, rhyming and delivery which is nothing like either of them, and great songwriting (like 'It's OK').

If the production was top-notch and not so muddy and low quality and everything was mixed clearly... could easily be a classic.

The Slim Shady LP - 9/10: Classic. Introduction to a character, comedic genius, great songs, consistent throughout - one of the great rap debuts.

The Marshall Mathers LP - 10/10: Earth-shatteringly brilliant, zeitgeist of an album - what Tarantino's 'Pulp Fiction' is to him, and film. And an era. He will never come close to the masterpiece again, but, thank god it exists.

The Eminem Show - 9/10: Third classic in a row, interesting departure from previous two albums in style, actual tasteful (vs. recent years' cheese) dabbling in rap-rock; also quite interesting how there's actually a ton of styles going on here, in terms of production and sound - you have kind of heavy-rock/metal rap with "White America", you have stripped-back piano with "Cleanin' Out My Closet", a totally new kind of... barn-dance rap with "Square Dance", stadium rap-rock with "Sing for the Moment", disco-rap with "Without Me"... yet it all works. Definitely his best effort in terms of pulling off the most things at once, everything holds-up to this day and is an extremely enjoyable and well-rounded album.

Encore - 5/10: Some good songs, some bad songs, we all know the story. Could have been good, but it wasn't. Still, compared to some of the absolute cringe and drudge which was yet to come... it's like a 10 in comparison. But, in actuality... half-n-half. He ruined a potentially good album by being a child.

Relapse - 8/10: Near-classic. If it ended at "Deja Vu"... absolutely perfect closer, and if it wasn't ruined with the songs made for other albums which stick out like a sore-thumb... it would be basically perfect to me. Regardless, even with those flaws, it's completely unique and brilliant both in production and rapping.

Recovery - 7/10: Good, sometimes great album. Production actually isn't 'bad' when I re-listen, I think there's just too much going on, the beats are too busy - especially when mixed with Em's busy raps and shouty delivery... there's no contrast, so you just have this feeling which is kind of like metal music (which I can't stand) where it's just BLAHAJHAHAJHAKAHKAJAJHAJ. If the production was stripped down more and contrasted his strong vocals... could have been something special, not to mention please get rid of those s-----y tinny drums aka Alex Da Kid.

With all that said - some great songs, great moments and actually very consistent, despite some truly awful lines.

MMLP2 - 7/10: Some of his best rapping ever, some great songs, some good and a few bad; basically no bad rapping (a few bad lines aside), lots of interesting styles and got a lot of mileage out of the songs at the time; rapping along was fun for years. Some really all-time great Em songs, but as an album - completely ruined for the same reason the next dizaster would be - trying to be all things to all people - trying to mix totally different tones and styles together... as well as cheesy hooks and blatant chart-reaching - I just wish he didn't do it on an album titled this.

Revival - 3/10: The worst of all his tendancies built from Recovery to this point: terrible hooks, pop pandering, awful punchlines and mixing too many styles. His admitted MO even with this album was 'something for everyone' which is just an abysmal MO for any art - in particular an artist founded on the principle of being uncompromising. MMLP is a masterpiece in part for the very fact it is UNBALANCED, it is not something for everyone - it's one thing - it's a bullet to your head start to finish, it's uncompromising and that is a VISION. Not trying to f---ing focus-group different versions of yourself for different demographics...

Truly awful and sad to look at this vs. what Eminem started as... talk about the dwindling of a brilliant artist - a sad portrait of a genius sanded down and tap dancing to the tune of A&R's aka Paul. Depressing to sit through, a real drudge and dud - his only true DUD of an album. Thankfully he bounced back.

Kamikaze - 8/10: Very, very good. All it's missing is one or two WOW concepts aka like 'Darkness'. If it had, it might be a classic to me - because in terms of the rapping, the music and the songs... all stellar and it's a very cohesive album.

When it came out, I couldn't believe - not only how good it was point-blank - but the fact Em had reeled back what he had sadly became, and also how short the album was, which I think was a really good show of restraint I didn't believe he had in him. He'd done too many 70 odd minute albums and with him trying to 'balance' everything all the time... kept ruining albums with a handful of songs, which if wiped-off - would have improved the whole expreince ten-fold.

Rapping is top notch. Production is top-notch, exactly what I wanted to hear: stripped back - exactly what Recovery WASN'T. I think trap beats (and I knew they would) work so well for Em because of this fact - his vocals are so strong and his raps are so dense... you can't also have dense music, it provides no contrast - you just need very simple bounce, but you can still great amazing atmosphere with this type of music as we see on "Not Alike". Also the return of his ACTUAL funny humour; non-forced and actually witty as is scattered throughout, like on 'The Ringer' with the whole 'colourblind' thing. Vintage Em.

Great album. Great rebound.

Music to be Murdered By - 8.5/10: Great album. Not much to complain about - nice continuation of what he started with 'Kamikaze', is kind of like that line but he expanded on it; wrote some great concepts with "Darkness" and "Never Love Again", experimented a little more, actually utilised some RAP features... well and created some lovely new rap music.

Also successfully mixed together some different styles, whilst keeping it all cohesive - not like slapping a bunch of songs clearly made in entirely different timeframes or just baselessly in their own line - together. Here, all the songs feel like they were made for the same project, through his rap styles vs. the production, which he hadn't successfully done since Recovery IMO and even then... wasn't well-executed.

Really, I'd say it's the first long, varied album, which is impressive on many levels and also mixes a few different sounds - very well - with the whole thing feeling cohesive - since The Eminem Show.

Truly rebounded now, two great albums in a row.

Hopefully the next is a stone-cold classic. But, the previous two may even age to be for me, particularly 'Murder.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Marshall III

Jul 27, 2020
    Brings me modern day Encore vibes tbh. I love it.

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. Marshall III

Jul 27, 2020
    Good reviews bro. Like the Deja Vu idea ending for Relapse I agree. But I also enjoy underground.

Chaotic Progress likes this.
    Chaotic Progress likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. Marshall III

Jul 27, 2020
    Lmao

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 27, 2020
    I mean he's not far off.