Best Posts: Rate This Album I Archive

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker your boy

Apr 7, 2015
    I like this album very much. It's probably one of the most fun rap albums I've listened to (and probably they had fun recording it too). Basically the Pharcyde were kids who made prank calls, had their first sex experiences with their schoolmates' mothers, made a song with "yo mama" jokes and another one about smoking weed and other stupid s--- that we did with our friends when we were their age and laughed about them. They're often reckless, not only with their deliveries and flows but also with their lyrics; some of the s--- they say are f----- up, but they manage to mask it with their humour quite well, and if they were troubled it didn't really matter because they laughed it off and "eveyrthing is ok". Same thing they did with the more serious moments of the record (like the song "Officer" which narrates their troubles with the law) where they mixed their social/self-awareness with goofy lyrics. The production is handled by J-Swift who does a good job with his jazzy beats, which blend well with the 4 mc's unique voices. Overall a very entertaining and honest album, similar to 93 'til Infinity in a few ways imo.
    8.5/10

@BigCountry I'm pretty sure that your mentions didn't work, unless I missed the notification.

Ordinary Joel, Radeem and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Radeem and DKC like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 6, 2015
    The only pharoahe monch albums I've listened to are The Twelfth Dynasty and Desire...never listened to Eyedea at all and it's been awhile since I've heard any Brother Ali album. I'm down to do one of those next round if people are interested and can choose one to be rated...maybe I'll make a poll. I'm gonna do one I'm familiar with this round because I'm lazy.

Based upon 10 ratings, section eight gives Cozz & Effect a 7.6

[4/6/15] The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde
    [​IMG]
    @Writers @Flacko @Meero @Fire Squad @Five Star @Pixel @Tha Story @Acid Sav @Rick C @BroadStBully2 @Piiizzy @WPG @Bleed @Radeem @Term-X @Creation @Gamba Mamba @Maad City @sindy @Griff @Grimace @Raziel @Dew @Swizz @Fazers @Jet @Olorin @Winter @poop dogg @Joshua Smoses @Jay @Rodamon @Lamont @LukeS80 @JCinator @neomerge @Kvp187 @Criza @GKBS

Apr 25, 2024
  3. Radeem

Radeem I listen to people smarter than me

Mar 9, 2015
    First of all, thanks for choosing an overlooked oldschool rap album for this round. I would never find out about their existence if it weren't for this thread tbh.

In short, it's a lethal mixture of dope lyrics (some multis are really impressive) and the chill production. Rapping along with this album is incredibly fun. 8.5

Peter Parker, DKC and Griff like this.
    Peter Parker, DKC and Griff like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. JXY

JXY

Feb 25, 2015
    8/10
    I actually listened to this after Old. I loved how consistent, fresh this album is and how he did the whole vinyl vibe thing successfully. The album closer is one of my favorite ones ever. The last 4 bars mixed with the instrumental breakdown give me chills every time I listen to this.

So the last ten years I been so f---ing stressed
    Tears in my eyes let me get this off my chest
    The thought of no success it got me chasing death
    Doing all these drugs in hopes of OD'ing next, Triple X

DKC, Rodamon and Peter Parker like this.
    DKC, Rodamon and Peter Parker like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 25, 2015
    Based upon 12 ratings, SXN80 gives Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty an 8.1/10.

[2/25/14] Danny Brown - --- (You can download it for free at DatPiff, if you haven't heard it).
    [​IMG]

poopdogg, Narsh and Griff like this.
    poopdogg, Narsh and Griff like this.
    Apr 25, 2024