Best Posts: Rate This Album I Archive

1. ozy

ozy

Jul 12, 2016
    it's crazy to think that this was was considered "selling out" 20 years ago lolll. but yea i'd probably rank it just below Illmatic and The Lost Tapes (maybe Stillmatic depending on the day) but It Was Written is crazy good. from the posse cut Affirmative Action, production from Dre in his prime on Nas Is Coming, to The Message (in my personal top rap 10 songs) the album is pretty d--- impressive especially for coming directly off the heels of "the greatest rap album of all-time." also nothing beats listening to I Gave You Power for the first time.
    9/10 classic

Apr 26, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 9, 2016
    That's exactly why I wanted to do this one. Pretty much everyone liked 1999. 90s diehards love B4DA$$, people who only listen to 2010s rap hated it, and most everyone else thought it was decent. I didn't have any idea what the general consensus on Summer Knights was so that's why I picked it out of @Soldier's suggestions.

Apr 26, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jun 19, 2016
    MOTHERFUCK DRE
    MOTHERFUCK SNOOP
    MOTHERFUCK DEATH ROW
    YEAH HERE COMES MY LEFT BLOW

For this album, The Chronic's a classic but tbh I do prefer 2001 for it's consistency. The highs on Chronic however cannot be reached. Let Me Ride, Nuthin' But A G Thang, Dre Day, Lil Ghetto Boy... just so many timeless songs. :wow5:

9/10

Apr 26, 2024
  4. YaBoyTr

Jun 19, 2016
    9.5/10

One of the most influential rap albums of all time. Helped start many rap careers.
    Snoop, Daz, The D.O.C and Warren G gets alot of the credits for this album from me.

Also thanks to one of the GOAT diss tracks, Dre Day, we heard another one of the GOAT diss tracks. Real Muthaphuckkin G's

Apr 26, 2024
  5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jun 19, 2016
    8/10

overrated because of its impact and influence

Not that consistent of a project but has some of the best songs of all time on it. i prefer 2001 over this but its still excellent.

let me ride is perfection

Apr 26, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 19, 2016
    gap teeth in yo mouf so my d-ck's GOT ta fit

Apr 26, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 19, 2016
    Bro I stood up for you other places, but if you bring this schtick into this thread one more time I'm banning you from it forever. I'm happy to have you contribute to it like when you rated MKL but this back and forth s--- isn't gonna fly here.

Apr 26, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 16, 2016
    Moving this thread to the YG SXN for this round!

Apr 26, 2024
  9. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Jun 10, 2016
    :laff: fapping to 50's voice hahaha

Poohdini, Red Rum, YaBoyTr and 2 others like this.
    Poohdini, Red Rum, YaBoyTr and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jun 4, 2016
    I'm Shady is one of my favorite Eminem songs of all time. Witty, flow is great, chorus is nice and I love the beat. Like you, I don't listen much to the serial killer/raping type of songs, but Rock Bottom, Brain Damage, If I Had Role Model & As The World Turns held up very well for me and I still enjoy them. Like every eminem album, it's not one I revisit very often: I listen to individual songs from them and despite him falling off, there are many songs I would give a 10/10. As for this album as a whole, I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Radeem, Ordinary Joel, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Jun 4, 2016
    I'll give it a 6/10.

Pretty much none of Eminem's music held up for me. Brain Damage was good as it has some of his best story telling. If I Had and Rock Bottom are both bitter songs about his life. JDGAF & SDGAF are not bad either. My Fault and As The World Turns are probably my least favorite songs.

While typing this, I'm going through SSLP and I'm shocked at how well "I'm Shady" held up for me. It's one of his wittiest songs.

You gotta make 'em fear you before you make 'em feel you
    So everybody buy my s--- or I'ma come and k--- you

Cause I'm the one they can relate to and look up to better
    Tonight I think I'll write my biggest fan a f----you letter

I listen to your demo tape and act like I don't like it
    Six months later you hear your lyrics on my s---

EDIT: Listening to Come On Everybody right now, his delivery was so effortless on this and the lines are so witty.

I go on stage in front of a sellout crowd
    and yell out loud, "All y'all get the h--- out now"
    f--- rap, I'm givin it up y'all, I'm sorry

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Ordinary Joel, Jakey, Guma and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Jakey, Guma and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Chad Warden

Chad Warden As Ballin As Possible

May 29, 2016
    Pinata was a solid 9 and he followed it up with a solid 8. Very respectable. I remember when I first heard Narcos, good God. Freddie Gordy and Forever and a Day are incredible too. Basketball Wives was trash though.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Apr 7, 2016
    Based on the scores, Me Against The World gets a 9/10

front.jpg
    So I was curious about what the forum thought about Eazy-E's Str8 Off The Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton released posthumously on January 30th, 1996.
    Obviously not as good as Eazy-Duz-It or It's On (Dr. Dre), but I find it to be a pretty solid album nonetheless. There's some gems on here like:

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10
    Good album, but has some serious flaws towards the end.
    @RateThisAlbum

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Feb 7, 2016
    I sincerely apologize for the long wait. It completely slipped my mind that I asked to do this with all the stuff going on currently
    Anyways, since the last album was from an east coast rapper, why not show the west a little love.
    2pac-me-against-the-world-e1427819104320.jpg
    2Pac - Me Against The World
    Pac's 1995 studio album is often overshadowed by his 1996 effort, All Eyez On Me.
    I'll be honest, it took a while for this album to click. I'm happy it did as this album is phenomenal. From the strong delivery of If I Die 2Nite to the heartwarming song dedicated to his mother, Dear Mama, this has a song for everyone.
    My favorite bars on the project are from the aforementioned If I Die 2Nite:

They say p---- and paper is poetry, power and pistols
    Plotting on murderin MFers 'fore they get you
    Picturing pitiful punk n-ggas copping pleas
    Puffing weed as I position myself to clock G's
    My enemies scatter in suicidal situations
    Never to witness the wicked s--- that they was facin

:sweatt: I'd give this a 8.5/10.
    Only complaint is the production at times could've been better.
    @RateThisAlbum
    Inb4 complaints about dust

Apr 26, 2024
  15. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Feb 4, 2016
    Based on 10 scores, Section Eighty gives Blue Chips 2 a 6.3
    I think that might be the worst score we've given an project on here lmao. Still I'm a big fan of it and it was very much a welcomed addition to Bronson's discography. Anyways I just want to thank everyone for their participation and honesty, huge thank you to @BigCountry for letting me take over for a bit and @Ordinary Joel for all the help. @Boyz N The Suburbs will choose the next one, just make sure to use the ratethisalbum tag!

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Fire Squad

Feb 1, 2016
    h--- yeah we'd definitely would like to have your input on here!

Big co-sign on this. @Boyz N The Suburbs will do the next one since he asked but after that let's figure out some kind of rotation on here, I'm just glad we got this going again.

Apr 26, 2024
  17. Fire Squad

Jan 24, 2016
    8.5/10

The one thing that always struck me about this album was how different T.I was. He was always a very confident MC,I mean s--- he called himself the King Of The South; on Trap Muzik he was this brutally honest guy that still was stuck on the streets and later on Urban Legend he was hungry for the top spot and was knocking on the door to super-stardom. Whatever your stance is if he is the King or not, he makes it sound like he is the top dog in hip-hop on this one. His delivery was as poised as ever, the production is ridiculous and he tried out a lot of new flows that he pulled off quite well. Some of his best individual songs are on here, What You Know still sounds as fresh as if it came out yesterday. There are just a few dull tracks and some sloppy sequencing towards the end but other than that it's a fantastic project.

Apr 26, 2024
  18. Fire Squad

Jan 19, 2016
    Based on 7 scores, Section Eighty (2.0) gives Stankonia a 7.6/10

Something doesn't feel right about that score but everyone put up valid and reasonable opinions. Either way I don't think anyone can argue that it is a very welcome and ambitious addition to their legendary catalog. So next up we have...
    [​IMG]
    Future's Pluto
    Back to back Dungeon Family projects let's go! Given how we have a growing fan-base of his on here, let's take a look back at his first & wildly popular retail album. This album spawned several hit singles and a couple cult classics so feel free to give a score along with a small blurb/review. @RateThisAlbum

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Pablo, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Pablo, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Fire Squad

Jan 13, 2016
    Based on 7 scores, Section Eighty gives The Cool a 8.6/10

Glad to see people rate it so highly, no matter how batshit crazy he might be these days I'll always hold him in high regard for his first two stellar albums. Speaking of classics for this next installment...
    [​IMG]

Outkast's Stankonia
    Another seminal project in their legendary careers. Right after they dropped the immaculate Aquemini they decided to once again switch up their style and deliver one of the most important projects in the genre right at the turn of the new millennium. Feel free to post a rating along with a small blurb or review. @RateThisAlbum

SWERVO, coca, DKC and 2 others like this.
    SWERVO, coca, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 25, 2015
    Just tryina bring the whole forum together brah. :khaled2:

Well, except for the Eminem section.

Apr 26, 2024