Best Posts: RATE THIS ALBUM II - Lil Pump - Lil Pump

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 3, 2017
    Join the usergroup RateThisAlbum to be alerted when this thread is updated.

The forum has been lacking in good discussion lately, so I'ma try bringing this topic back. Old topic here.

The basic gist of it is that I (or someone else) will choose an album, and then you post a short blurb (even just 1-2 sentences) as to why you like or dislike the album along with a rating out of ten. After a couple days, I'll tally up the ratings and post the average score. I will not count your vote if you don't write a blurb, and if your blurb is lazy as f--- and doesn't even have any sort of real reasoning behind it I won't count it either.

Example of something that won't be counted:
    "8/10, I listen to this album a lot"

"0/10 trash album"

Example of something that's short, but will be counted because it has some sort of reasoning behind it:
    "8/10, this is one of my favorite albums but the last two songs on it are really weak which prevent it from from quite breaking into the 'classic' category for me."

I'm not asking for a novel (but feel free to write as much as you want), but I want the blurbs to garner some actual discussion and not just be a boring thread of people posting ratings.

Rules:
    1. Bold your rating so it's easier for me to see.
    2. Don't rate an album if you haven't listened to it.
    3. I won't count your rating if you don't write a blurb or your blurb doesn't have any actual reasoning in it.
    4. If you have any ideas, please nominate an album you want to see rated by sectioneighty.

@RateThisAlbum

Album coming momentarily.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Dec 3, 2017
    i think the album has some serious godly potential and a couple of gems but it felt like kanyes greatness and his friends was scattered all over the place and i can imagine how fire the studio sessions were when they were making this but s----s just too messy!
    solid 6/10

Mar 28, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 9, 2017
    Please join the usergroup if you would like to be notified whenever this album updates. @RateThisAlbum

Based upon 22 ratings, SXN80 gives Pusha T's My Name Is My Name a 7.1. Next up:

After dropping a promising mixtape, Rashad battled addiction for two-and-a-half years and almost got dropped from his label. Finally, after many delays, TDE's first southern signee followed up with his major label debut. How does it hold up?

12/9/17
    Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade [2016]
    [​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 7, 2017
    Clipse dropped two of my favorite albums of all time and Fear of God/Wrath of Cain were dope (not to mention his GOOD Friday/Cruel Summer feats), so I was definitely anticipating this. The album starts out real strong up through Suicide (listened to that song so much the beginning of my last year of college). The subtle Kanye feature on Hold On is great as is Ross. But 40 Acres, No Regrets, and Let Me Love You are all total duds to me, and that passage really kills the flow of the album for me. As @Sign Language mentioned, Big Sean somewhat ruins Who I Am but that song could have been magnificent as a solo Push song (I don't mind 2 Chainz on there, but he was kinda unnecessary). It picks back up again with Nosetalgia and Pain, and despite SNITCH being kinda corny I like it alright. As @Loser mentioned Push is amazing on unorthodox beats like Numbers on the Board and Suicide and he's good enough throughout this album to warrant a listen, but the attempts at mainstream songs ruin the grittier, more experimental nature of the album.

6.5/10

Mar 28, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 3, 2017
    12/3/17

Starting off with one that's somewhat divisive, that most people have probably heard...

Kanye West & G.O.O.D Music - Cruel Summer [2012]
    [​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 10, 2017
    What @Jehovah said about this album really resonated with me cuz I felt pretty much the same. I wasn't a big fan of it at first, especially considering how much I love Cilvia which left me disappointed. After a handful of listens, I started to enjoy it, but I honestly don't think the album fully clicked with me until earlier this year. And that's the sign of a great album imo, one that rewards you upon subsequent listens and only gets better with time. For those who said they couldn't get into it, keep trying, and I think some day it will click. It might be that I just had to be in a certain state of mind.

What I love most about Isaiah is how relatable his music is. Even if you haven't gone through the same s--- as him, both albums (but Sun's Tirade especially) make you feel almost like he understands what you've been through. There's just so many powerful moments on here lyrically ("I can't admit/I've been depressed/I hit a wall, ouch" :mjcry:), but sonically it's still easy listening so you can choose to really pay attention or just sit back and take it in passively and you'll have a good experience either way. If this is any indication, Isaiah is gonna match Kendrick album-for-album when it's all said and done. I'd take this over all of Kendrick's albums except d--- tbqh.

9/10

Mar 28, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 7, 2018
    I first heard of Peep when Hellboy dropped and there were a handful of people here gassing him up so I tried listening. Though it was definitely unique, it wasn't really my thing so I never really gave him another chance until he released Benz Truck, which I think was the first Peep song that really clicked with me. So I ended up checking out COWYS and liking it, though as I said it's not really the type of music I usually listen to so it wasn't something I put on often. It's an album that's really grown on me in the last six months or so, and it's unfortunate that his music didn't really start to click with me until around the time of his death. It's concise, honest, and a great introduction to his music—and as Winter said the potential for him to get even better from here on out is truly sad.

7.5/10

Mar 28, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 6, 2018
    Plz don't talk about """mumble rap""" in my thread thx

Mar 28, 2024
  9. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

Dec 9, 2017
    I actually didn't like the album much at first, probably cause I wanted a Cilvia Demo II and I really wanted him to have that same energy he had on songs like Banana and Modest. This album more laid back and I ended up being pretty glad he took a different direction on this album instead of trying to recreate Cilvia Demo in the end.

Production on here pretty amazing and the way Isaiah flows over it is so f---ing clean. The way he switched up his flow when they removed the drums in the last minute of 4r Da Squaq is everything. Feels like he did this throughout the whole album and aint miss one step too. Can really just relax anytime this album comes on

AA got to be my fav song on this, Isaiahs hook are just so f---ing good , the way he rhymes really just the best thing ever
    Size my cup, n----- I'm Gucci :rejoice:
    'Sides my hair, n----- I'm Boosie :rejoice:

His singing on Silk Da Shocka too :ommg:

8.5/10

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Dec 3, 2017
    Has one of my favorite Kanye songs with New God Flow, which also has 2 great Pusha verses. With Clique, Mercy and Don't like it also have a few bangers. Lots of diversity, artists getting their shine, but overall not an album I listen to in full a lot. Just a few songs I really like and do check out on occasion. 7/10

Mar 28, 2024
  11. pluto✰

pluto✰ where the opioids?

Feb 7, 2018
    i vividly remember not liking benz truck when it first dropped but g.d. that jawn grew on me with the vengeance :lawd:

Mar 28, 2024
  12. pluto✰

pluto✰ where the opioids?

Feb 7, 2018
    well first of all, save that s--- might be the best song i’ve ever heard

u said a close second

the only real low point here is maybe problems..ima roll with a light 9 here

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Feb 6, 2018
    10/10 just like all peep's other projects

pt. 2 coming soon :mjcry:

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Dec 13, 2017
    8.5/10

Catchy songs throughout the whole album + Birdman and Mannie Fresh, can't go wrong with that. Just looking at the song titles reminded of each chorus and how good the album is as a whole.. time to relisten today :)

Mar 28, 2024
  15. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 13, 2017
    Please join the usergroup if you would like to be notified whenever this album updates. @RateThisAlbum

Based upon 20 ratings, SXN80 gives Isaiah Rashad's The Sun's Tirade an 8.2. Next up:

Though most people consider 2006-2007 to be the start of Wayne's prolific run, one could argue that it can be traced back to the original Tha Carter in 2004. Many people share the opinion that Tha Carter is the best in the series (though the favorite seems to be II), but this opinion has previously been questioned on SXN80. So: how do you rate Tha Carter? Bonus points for including a Carter series ranking along with your blurb and rating.

12/13/17
    Lil Wayne - Tha Carter [2004]
    [​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  16. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Dec 11, 2017
    This s--- is smoother than what I remember last year.

Definitely think my problem was I was listening to CD heavily in anticipation of this last year which ruined my expectations a bit.

I'll rate it 7.8/10. Good but I'll still put CD above it.

Maad City, DKC, BroadStBully2 and 4 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. DKC

DKC hank trill

Dec 3, 2017
    Past albums:
    1. 12/3/17: Kanye West & G.O.O.D Music - Cruel Summer: 6.3 based upon 24 ratings.
    2. 12/5/17 Drake - Views: 5.2 based upon 30 ratings.
    3. 12/7/17: Pusha T - My Name Is My Name: 7.1 based upon 22 ratings.
    4. 12/9/17: Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade: 8.2 based upon 20 ratings.
    5. 12/13/17: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter: 8.2 based upon 17 ratings.
    6. 2/6/18: Lil Peep - Come Over When You're Sober, Pt. 1: 7.4 based upon 16 ratings.
    7. 2/14/18: Lil Pump - Lil Pump: XX based upon XX ratings.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. JIGGA MANE

Feb 9, 2018
    In the middle of listening to this rn and Im f---ing with it a lot more than I thought I would have
    7/10

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Dec 13, 2017
    d--- my second real post.

Mar 28, 2024
  20. kidkuro

kidkuro local black man

Dec 10, 2017
    The Sun's Tirade is a 9/10 for me.
    So much to love about the album from Zay's honesty, playfulness, cheery cynicism in his lyrics. It's an extremely relatable album from the perspective of someone who came to terms with having f----- up in many situations in his life, however still trying to remain somewhat optimistic through it all. I feel like this is something we can all identify with, which makes getting into the album easier to get into.

I won't lie when I first listened to the album it sounded way too chill for me. Chill to the point that it slightly bored me. It wasn't until I got s--- faced drunk by myself on my sad boy s--- that the album started to click with me. So for me the, one way to describe this album to someone who is interested is that the album is an album filled with lowkey bangers. This album is perfect for those late night drives, a lazy Sunday morning in your dorm room or apartment.

My essential tracks off the album:
    Don't Matter (I also recommend listening to the slowed down version of this track)
    Silkk Da Shocka
    Free Lunch
    Tity and Dolla
    Stuck in the Mud/Banned Up

Mar 28, 2024