Best Posts: Rate This Album V4 [Rae Sremmurd - Sremmlife]

1. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Aug 2, 2019
    Prob a 6/10. Personally, I rank this last in his discography. A lot of the beats just sound like noise toe and his lyrical ability took a HUGE downturn from MBDTF to this.
    A few songs I like but over all not enjoyable for me.

Mar 29, 2024
  2. Enez

Enez Purple Heats Forever

Aug 2, 2019
    Invasion of Privacy gets a 3.8 based on 13 ratings.

Next up...

Kanye West's Yeezus

[​IMG]

Yeezus is a fantastic experience that I'd never get back again. Production wise, it's possibly Ye's best produced album to date. Kanye may have fell lyrically a bit here but still doesn't do a bad job here. Not one bad track on here. Final score 9.5/10. Hate me all you want, I don't give a f---.

@RateThisAlbum

Mar 29, 2024
  3. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jun 18, 2019
    My favourite album of all time. This is the album that got me i to hip-hop. I vividly remember cycling around on my paper round at the age of about 14 and a friend of mine put this on cadette for me. Nothing, and I mean that with every atom of my body, will ever beat the way track 2 comes in after the intro. "now bend over and give me 2 good coughs" ***BOOM BOOM NAHHH***

f--- Tony Yayo for trying to replicate that intro.

So many great tracks but my stand outs are When will they s---t, Now I Gotta Wet Cha, The Predator and of course Gangsters Fairytale.

IMO, this album solidified Cube as a great story teller. Every song kept me interested and wanting more.

So this for me gets and easy 10/10. Not just for the quality of work but for the nostalgia. Ice Cube, thank you for making me a life long hip-hop fan.

And if anyone cares, I would rate AMW and DC below this. DC would be the closest butthis wins on nostalgia values.

Mar 29, 2024
  4. Enez

Jun 18, 2019
    Rodeo gets a 7.2 based on 9 ratings.

Next up...

Ice Cube's The Predator

[​IMG]

@RateThisAlbum

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Sav Stanfield

May 23, 2019
    yes! @WheresTheMeat been waiting on this. can't think of a better poster to run this thread!

As for LR, what more is there to say? So many memories. Its d--- near flawless. I remember when it first came out I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard (and that I needed to hear more of this Lupe Fiasco guy). Diamonds from Sierra Leone is still one of my favorite songs of all time, Jay's feature on the remix is so incredibly iconic. Gone is one of the greatest instrumentals (and Killa Cam features) of all time. Every feature is used to perfection. Even following College Dropout, it was so fresh and innovative and different compared to the zeitgeist of the time. Looking back now I think College Dropout is still the better album, but LR will always hold a special place. 9.5/10.

Mar 29, 2024
  6. Enez

Aug 6, 2019
    Yeezus gets a 8.1 based on 17 ratings.

Next up...

Deltron 3030's self titled album
    [​IMG]

9.5/10

I felt as more time went by, this album just got better and better. It sounded ahead of its time when it came out, and still sounds futuristic to this date. Just proves that Dan The Automator is one of the best producers that doesn't get enough of the spotlight. We in 3030 b----.

@RateThisAlbum

Mar 29, 2024
  7. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Aug 4, 2019
    10/10

As time has gone by, each encompassing listen of Yeezus has made me appreciate it more. Initially I thought it was just a cabal of unfiltered & raw energy, sort of like Kanye's take on a industrial rock album. Upon closer inspection, this album tells a profound story of one of this genre's most creative minds trying to make sense of this modern world...again. Whatever thoughts he had left underpinned in MBDTF turned up on Yeezus and were thrown into this blaring blender of theatrics.

Those beat switches come out of nowhere, the songs feel more anthemic even by Kanye's standards and it has this phenomenal sequencing where everything connects organically. What other album has Kanye opening on a chaotic Daft Punk beat, then he claims he's a God, followed by a brilliant Ye rant on greedy corporations, after that he partied with Chief Keef and then falls in love at the end? Only Yeezus can do that.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Aug 4, 2019
    The most cohesive album of all time, it’s impossible to listen to just one track and not play Yeezus as a whole. All of Kanye’s albums are deeply personal but Yeezus is the most raw, a chaotic snapshot of a man who had everything he needs but can’t understand why he isn’t happy. A lot has been said about the decline in Kanye’s writing on here, but it honestly never bothered me like it does on Pablo or Ye. As divisive as 808s was at the time, it eventually got its due and is now recognised as the masterpiece it rightfully is, but six years later Yeezus remains as polarising as it ever was. Guess it’ll take a few more years.

10/10

Ordinary Joel, Boos, Enez and 3 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Boos, Enez and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Aug 2, 2019
    I’m listening to this on vinyl as I type actually. Hold My Liquor just started.

Seems to me like a lot of people are divided on this. You either really enjoyed it or you thought it was a failed experiment. This is definitely in my top 3 Kanye albums, but I’m not sure exactly where. The production is definitely my favorite aspect of this album. Only track I skip every time is I Am a God. Tons of replay value in imo.
    9/10

“Black girl sippin white wine
    Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign”
    :dead:

Mar 29, 2024
  10. JEB

JEB

Aug 2, 2019
    This is a 10/10 for me. I was skeptical at first, but I grew to love this album.

Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Enez and 3 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Enez and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Aug 2, 2019
    This is a tough one for me. I remember when it came out, I was like 'What the f--- is this, MBDTF was 10/10 and this s--- sounds like a joke", but after some time I started to like this, it's not perfect, but it's entertaining for sure. I still listen to some songs off it, so 7.5/10

Mar 29, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 2, 2019
    7/10

Solid album but way overrated imo. After 2 masterpieces (MBDTF & WTT) lots of these songs got silly lyrics, overproduced beats.

Hold My Liquer and Black Skinhead are f---ing classics though!

Mar 29, 2024
  13. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jul 31, 2019
    0/10

Worst plant ever

Ordinary Joel, Enez, Ricky and 3 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Enez, Ricky and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 10, 2019
    Never understood why people consider this to be Travis's crowning achievement. From Future to 2 Chainz to Keef to Quavo, every single feature annihilates Travis on his own songs and pretty much all of the solo travis songs are dogshit. Though there are some great tracks on here, almost none of it is due to Travis's contributions—it's the guests and production that make them good. You can't even really argue for him being a good curator here because the album flows poorly as well.

5/10

21 Savage Outside Verse > Astro > DB4R > Rodeo > The Rest of Birds

Mar 29, 2024
  15. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jun 6, 2019
    I will not hesitate to say that this is my favourite album of all time. 10/10 and not much more needs to be said that hasn't been said already by my peers above me.

Mar 29, 2024
  16. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Jun 3, 2019
    Not my favourite Thug album, but the way he sheds his skin and reinvents himself on this album is amazing. The fact that he can still pull it off after so many years is testament to his genius.

8.5/10

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jun 3, 2019
    This is, for me, Thugs 'HNDRXX'.

On this album he experiences w other production/flow/sound etc. My favorite Thug song OAT is on this, For Y'All. Also songs like Take Care, She Wanna Party are in my top 10 YT songs. Beautiful album, and by far my favorite. Famili Don't Matter, Do You Love Me... almost every song on here >>>

9.5/10

Mar 29, 2024
  18. Enez

Jun 3, 2019
    Konnichiwa gets a 8.3 based on 5 ratings.

Next up...

Young Thug's Beautiful Thugger Girls

[​IMG]

@RateThisAlbum

Mar 29, 2024
  19. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jun 1, 2019
    Alright just catching up to this, here's my ratings if anyone's interested

Kanye West - Late Registration = 9/10
    Nostalgia overload with this one, he took the soul of the College Dropout and placed it next to an orchestra, courtesy of Jon Brion. Sonically this hasn't aged a bit, those added layers of strings took this to another echelon in comparison to what came out in 05 (at least anything else that wasn't produced by Kanye). Kanye still kept the fun and humor from CD and still expanded on it, his eye for features is also on full display as everyone dropped in a memorable guest feature--Hov, Cam, Nas on one album is overkill. The sequencing isn't as good as his other albums, but even that doesn't subtract anything from this masterpiece
    Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV = 5.8/10
    I want to like this album more than I should, it was fresh off Lil Wayne taking the throne as the face of rap and trying his freak experiments with Rebirth and managing Young Money. Wayne's endless imagination started to show some signs of wear as he did most of these songs on auto-pilot. The songs where he did have that lightbulb over his head (6 Foot 7, She Will) are permabangers tho. f--- anyone that hated How To Love when it was popping.
    Future - HNDRXX = 9/10
    Just when doubts started to surface and questions being asked if he still had remnants of that fire he had during that 2014-15 run, Future comes out with HNDRXX. This s--- still sounds otherworldly to me, he's always been highly capable of fusing R&B with Rap so it comes to no surprise this is full of so many jams. It's become a quintessential summer album since it dropped. He sets the hedonistic tone with My Collection and ends exercising his demons with Sorry, he clearly still had a lot of venom that he needed to expel, but never again will it sounds so good as it did with this. Bonus points for one of the greatest reaction threads on this forums history when it dropped, good times...
    Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy = 10/10
    We knew Kanye was gonna bounce back after the Taylor Swift incident, but no way in h--- did any of us foresee just exactly how powerful those emotions would translate into masterful music. Each of Kanye's albums sound so unique for its time, MBDTF has some of the most incredible mastering and production value I've ever heard; every sound is so crisp and detailed, a lot of attention went into it. It's been 9 years and nothing comes close to putting me into a mood the way Runaway does. Needless to say, over this soundbed of baroque pop and extravanganza it's truly Kanye that shines; some of the most impassioned writing of his career takes place on here, he sounds like someone that doesn't suffer from insanity, rather he enjoys every minute of it. He accepts his role as the abomination of Obama's nation, so in each element that you can quantify art, this is very much a Mona Lisa of rap. It's a seminal albums in rap's history, from one of the greatest innovators and performers of all-time.

Mar 29, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 29, 2019
    Still sounds flawless nearly 10 years later. From the Good Fridays rollout and rap camp to the actual release, nearly all the material we got from these sessions was amazing. It's a shame he could only deliver on half the albums when he tried that weekly release method again last year (though the weekly rollouts were still fun and reminded me of the magic of 2010).

Deserves that 10/10 for sure.

Mar 29, 2024