Eminem Royce Da 5’9 Stands His Ground After Ranking Snoop Dogg’s ‘Doggystyle’ Over All Eminem LPs

Started by Detroit24, Aug 3, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 4, 2020
    Cuz f--- eminem fans

Apr 25, 2024
  2. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Aug 4, 2020
    Coming from someone who makes most of his money from eminem fans

Apr 25, 2024
  3. MichaelsMad

Aug 4, 2020
    im glad royce said this. Hes spot on with the "conditional love" the "stans" that only listen to eminem and no other hip hop artist UNLESS Em is cool with them are a f---ing cancer to the genre. They wanna k--- people that dont say EM is the GOAT, or if anyone close to Em gives an honest opinion they say theyre "disloyal" most of them dont even listen to royce unless Em is on the song with him and its a d--- shame cuz royce is one of the greatest rappers to ever record.

Snoop said Dre gave him the platform and the tools needed to be viewed as the GOAT, he said he didnt think Em was the goat bc theres ppl from the 80s he cant f--- with like rakim kool g big daddy kane LL. but said "Em is my man, he did that, and went all the way with it so not taking nothing from him" Snoop listed ppl he grew up listening to who helped create modern hip hop

Royce said Snoop isnt as high on his list as EM, but out of both of their discogs he cant live without Doggy style.....understandable its one of the greatest freshman albums in the genre. But said all this s--- is subjective.....royce also told EM he thought he had too many singing hooks on revival....he always gives his opinion. he wasnt being disrespectful. Funny thing is EM doesnt give a flying f--- either way lol. these fans whose only spin in hip hop is eminem is an issue. and its funny bc as much as EM shouts out OGs and wears all the shirts of classic albums, the "fans" who study his every move, the ones that have twitter accounts and gram pages dedicated to him, sure dont know jack s--- about anything else in hip hop or the OGs he refrences.

Ordinary Joel, s1ck, Chrollo and 3 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, s1ck, Chrollo and 3 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 4, 2020
    He's a hypocrite and a parasite to an extent I agree but he will say anything to catch attention as well as any other celebrity

Apr 25, 2024
  5. MichaelsMad

Aug 4, 2020
    Snoop is qualified to say everything he just said… And yes, I agree that Dre gave us the best version of Marshall we could’ve ever seen. I completely understand his criteria he’s going by. I’m the other way around as a fan. Snoop ain’t as high on my list as Em but I can’t live without Doggystyle. I’ll take that over any Em album… It’s all subjective

If anyone reads that and takes that as disrespectful or hostile, or sees it like hes saying EM ain't great idk what to tell you . And he didnt even say doggystyle was better than anything EM has done, he just said he coildnt live without doggy style and it's all subjective. Meaning out of both of these discogs, that's his favorite album. Hes also been very vocal about saying favorite doesnt mean better. And that everything is subjective and opinionated that lists dont even matter

Apr 25, 2024
  6. JMG

JMG Teflon

Aug 4, 2020
    Didnt Royce get really racist as of late? Its obvious hes picking Snoops side the beef because of skin color.

Apr 25, 2024
  7. Detroit24

Aug 4, 2020
    From Ems perspective...it does s--- that “your boy” would rank snoop album over any of Ems albums...just from a loyalty thing...it’s cool to have your own opinion...but don’t bite the hand that feeds you or fed you...

Royce has done nothing but benefit from Eminem and his fans...Eminem does not benefit being associated with Royce lol

50 would never do that...he realizes how much Em meant for his success...even if 50 didn’t like Ems music he would lie to say it’s amazing...just out of loyalty...appreciation...

Em would never publicly out Dre or 50 too...even if Em thought Dre was wack he would have his back regardless...

when was the last time Snoop helped Royce? Just out of loyalty from Ems perspective your better to not say anything if you have nothing good to say...

“Stans” have made Royce rich cause they support him...power of Eminem...

Apr 25, 2024
  8. Koke

Aug 4, 2020
    Me and Shady deaded the past so that basically resurrected my cash flow

Royce been using Em since day 1. Got salty when Em was signed and only came back into the fold when proof died and D12 were an afterthought. He is also a massive reason why Eminem was at his absolute career WORST from 2011-2017. f--- him, f--- Slaughterhouse and f--- Eminem for being an insecure b----

JMG, Mikey, Spatula and 6 others like this.
    JMG, Mikey, Spatula and 6 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Z Gangsta

Aug 4, 2020
    @Detroit24 knows whats up

Detroit24 likes this.
    Detroit24 likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Aug 4, 2020
    Royce is a manchild.

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Aug 4, 2020
    For real tho, Doggystyle vs MMLP... that's a tough choice :khaled:

The Moon Man and Buddha like this.
    The Moon Man and Buddha like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. GrandTheftVirginity5

Aug 4, 2020
    Royce is probably tired of being called an Eminem asslicker by people and s--- like that, so he probably just jumped out with the unbiased talk unprovoked. Either way, he really needs to stop being letting this s--- affect him so much....like literally why even put so much in energy in responding to this s---.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Z Gangsta

Aug 4, 2020
    Alot of times in life I ask myself ”how difficult can it be to simply stfu?” Royce would almost be a nobody without Eminem. There was nothing for him to gain by saying Doggystyle is better than all of Ems album, it’s like he wants to piss Em off or something..

Detroit24 and modli like this.
    Detroit24 and modli like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. kodo

Aug 4, 2020
    MMLP & maybe TES are the only things in ems catalogue that can be debated against doggystyle

BIGFOOT and The Moon Man like this.
    BIGFOOT and The Moon Man like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. BlueWorldOrder

Aug 4, 2020
    I just wonder if we get a response from Em about it. It's kind of ironic in a way that Royce says Em is only good because of Dre when the only reason anyone even knows who the f--- Royce is because of Eminem. Literally nobody would know who Royce is.

TecTac and The Mandalorian like this.
    TecTac and The Mandalorian like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. GCasper

Aug 4, 2020
    Royce's racism towards white people keeps growing by the day...

Ids5621, hargydon and Z Gangsta like this.
    Ids5621, hargydon and Z Gangsta like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Aug 4, 2020
    f---ing even Upchurch the Redneck is defending Em which is wild as f---.
    Starts at 4 minutes.

The Moon Man likes this.
    The Moon Man likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  18. The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian This is the way

Aug 4, 2020
    What has happened in recent times is that the rap music industry has grown more and more bitter and racist towards whites and jews, and that's just a fact. While everyone's opinion is respectful, Eminem has indeed faced an exponential level of disrespect from the industry left and right that he never faced before. Even if is to just a small degree, undermining his legacy, in general, is associated with the colour of his skin. Discrediting a veteran voice like Em is way easier than discrediting someone equal in stature but black, like Jay Z. It is in fashion to underrate Em's influence and position in rap.
    As far as what Royce has said, that's his opinion. Could have worded it better, but that's about it. Same goes for Snoop. I would like to hear Dre's views on this, but I don't see it happening. I just hope all this lits a fire under EM's a--- and his next album ends up being even better

Apr 25, 2024
  19. Sahil Kohli

Aug 4, 2020
    There is nothing wrong with what Royce and Snoop said. Snoop's list was based around emcees that were poppin' when he was a kid. He grew up listening to and rapping in two eras which was filled upto brim with legends who ultimately paved the way for Eminem takeover in early 2000s. Alot of us tend to be biased towards the era we grow up in, it happens in every aspect of life, from our day to day life to sports to politics. And indeed as Snoop said, Dre gave us the best version of Em. Dre gave Em's other-worldly talents the sound it deserved and he should get props for that equally. Not everyone is lucky that they get a frequent collaborator/mentors in world-class producers like Dre, Kanye, RZA, The Alc, Madlib etc and get to make multiple classics with them. Eminem was one of those lucky guys who got Dre and they both made classics.

Royce is aboslutely okay too. His music style, subject matter, upbringing is way different than Em & obviously he'll have some different opinions and preferences when it comes to hip-hop. Though Em and he are friends, its okay and must be okay to have a very different music opinion even if it means pushing your friend out of the equation for once. He didn't insult Em a bit. Even i'd take like 100s of albums over all Em released after TES but that doesn't diminish my love for the art he created after 2002 either. Dickriders gotta stop fighting battles on behalf of Em, that 47 year old guy probably doesn't even know 99.99% of his fans personally. Just because Royce is friends with Em doesn't mean he gotta s--- his c--- and stop having opinions of his own.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. accountno24572

Aug 4, 2020
    I don't think this is a terribly f----- up thing to say, but considering Royce has never even hinted that Em is anything less than God in a long time, it sounds like bittnerness to me. I agree with those saying he wanted BME2 and Em didn't bother with it, so he's pissed.

GCasper and The Moon Man like this.
    GCasper and The Moon Man like this.
    Apr 25, 2024