[SERIOUS] Petition To Remove Em SXN And Reform S80

Started by Skippy, May 14, 2017, in Announcements Add to Reading List

1. theg

theg got that pma

May 15, 2017
    Eminem stans are for real pathetic and kind of embarrassing it's strange I don't think they realize how out of touch with reality they are its kind of sad I see the eminem section as a kind of recluse support group

Apr 23, 2024
  2. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

May 15, 2017
    Eminem has always been a joke. It may be the reason this site was started but only because it grew out of the communities before it.

Eminem has the worst fans and his music ain't even good. His first two albums and maybe Relapse were good because they had the production and the lyrics (excluding Relapse which I include for the beats only). This guy can make a good song time from time but how much of his time did he waste making humorous funny songs that don't mean anything, I listen to Infinite a lot of times because it was Eminem before he sold the f--- out even though it sucks.

There's only two good Eminem fans on this forum and that is @Copper may he RIP and @Xmipod who is not as annoying and has points to back it up. This is excluding Koolo who I like but I'm focusing on forum members here. We got s--- members like ConspiracyGang who's gimmick is mainly "Eminem is a f---ing famous artist who sold more than your artist and he's a pop artist." and well... DMX who, I thought he was improving but he was the same person as when he was EmNews. These people think real rap that has wordplay is better than the content of any artist, these were people who are resoundingly hated and resoundingly mocked at the same time. I don't get why ConspiracyGang has not been banned yet, you can clearly see that he has nothing else to offer than just pissing people off.

Eminem is a phase rapper meaning you like him for a moment in time then when you find someone better you jump off the ship. I swear if he didn't do drugs then well, everything would still sound like Eminem but we have Lil' Yachty now, we have Vince Staples, we have the most innovative acts the game has ever seen and well, what the f--- can Eminem do. He failed his fans on "No Favors" and he'll fail his fans with his new album.

I respect Koolo's wishes and all but this forum turned me on to new rap and well, we need more innovative rap artists here. Eminem is a dinosaur at this point and well, his album won't sell s--- except to people who care about the fact that he went Diamond once.

Skippy and Xmipod like this.
    Skippy and Xmipod like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. theg

theg got that pma

May 15, 2017
    rip eminem

Ordinary Joel and Skippy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

May 15, 2017
    Read op and first 2 posts...

I prob spend 50% of my time in the EmSXN, 40% MusicSXN and 10% everywhere else. I joined this forum through the natural D12world, Rap Basement, Studio Leaks progression. I do still consider myself an Email fan still but s---, life goes on.

Even a year or so ago I would've argued against your train of thought @Skippy but not any more. Your arguments are perfectly valid. I don't see us hurting for long and if it means c---- like @ConspiracyGang f--- off for good for having the shittest taste in music ever and refusing to accept a different POV. Not to mention the same recycled, autistic list of s--- to shitter that goes ignored every time then I'll happily sign the petition.

Apr 23, 2024
  5. Prestonprestig3

May 15, 2017

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  6. Goldy

May 15, 2017
    :hugs:

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. JIGGA MANE

May 15, 2017
    War been declared on Em sxn its time we got rid of u f---in cacs

Skippy likes this.
    Skippy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  8. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

May 15, 2017
    Skippy advocating systematic è-genocide itt

Apr 23, 2024
  9. Skippy

Skippy vr

May 15, 2017
    FB_IMG_1492014189631.jpg

dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Lucy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  10. Kush Gawd

May 15, 2017

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  11. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

May 15, 2017
    I'm in full agreement with @Skippy on this one

Skippy likes this.
    Skippy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  12. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

May 15, 2017
    I guess @Skippy is somewhat right. It would be pretty reasonable to have it only as temporary section, when he will be about to drop an album. He isn't even active no more as some of you guys said and most of the members that join SXN80 over him aren't that great tbh. So there is no reason to keep it as it is no more.

Inland Empire Rapper and Skippy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  13. KMurda

May 16, 2017
    What if we compromise and just call it Stanley's Basement again so Eminem fans won't post in the wrong section and non-Eminem fans think we don't even have an Eminem section.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  14. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

May 16, 2017
    The section really is a burden tbh. Literally no good comes from it.

Skippy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Skippy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  15. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

May 16, 2017
    Mostly since I've blocked it to stop clogging the recent posts thing since the very day the block feature was implemented, I don't think I've been bothered by it really.

But I know my brother Skippy is right in this regard; I understand his sxn generates so much discussion but why can't we have that in say the music sxn? We've always relied on the big name albums to drop to get activity poppin' again and there's the moments of silence after the dust settles which is made all the worse when OT isn't interesting either. It kills me whenever I see the NEW music tag and like 2-3 posts after, and it's always the same hardworking posters keeping us up to date.

I'll put my money where my mouth is and be more active myself but we really need to figure out a way to get this place the activity it deserves, forum is way too good and we need more growth.

Ordinary Joel, Deadpool and Skippy like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Deadpool and Skippy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  16. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

May 16, 2017
    removing Em sxn is just gonna backfire since the music sxn is gonna get flooded with the Em posters

also, ye, while i agree the marketing could b better, honestly, there's a bigger problem with this site and why it doesn't see much growth...

Goldy likes this.
    Goldy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  17. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

May 16, 2017
    Please explain...

The MusicSXN has already been flooded with Eminem posters (which is the reason why many artists going against Eminem lose) so there'd be no difference in terms of where people post. There may need to be rules to prevent the MusicSXN from being overrun with Eminem threads I agree with that.

What's the bigger problem with the site, I don't see it.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  18. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

May 16, 2017
    not anywhere close to the degree it would be if the sxn just up and disappeared

as it stands now, there's no point in removing it. it's been a staple of the site and the previous ones and it's not going to boost the sites profile or anything to get rid of it and it won't get rid of those posters completely or anything like that
    i mean, that's unsurprising

vast majority of ppl on here are completely oblivious to how off putting the way they post about music/each other is. there's very little real discussion that ever takes place about any artist or music, and there's a clear trend of what's popular on s80, and you will absolutely get s--- on if you don't tow the line. there's also a generally accepted and at times extremely high level of hypocrisy as well

the site is one big ego stroke/circlejerk 99.99% of the time, and it always has been.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Evad and asvdawg like this.
    Evad and asvdawg like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  19. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 16, 2017
    Imo its most important to keep the place interesting for a lot of people. So both 'dust heads' who like artists who still put out good music that have been around for a long time -no not counting marshall-, and people who like new/different artists, and that stuff.

I'm a huge fan of Gates, Future and Gibbs btw but if the forum is gonna be about lil yatchie, lil uzi, designer, travis scott, memes etc I'm out lol (not a threat btw, just doesn't interest me).

To be fair I prefer the regular music section over artist sections and spend more time reading Life & Entertainment.

Apr 23, 2024
  20. Goldy

May 16, 2017
    agreed there's a lot of stuff that we should be doing that we aren't, i like the tight small comm but if we want to grow there's work to do in a lot of areas

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024