Since you guys love white rappers so much let’s discuss the best one

Started by Jeans, Aug 30, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 31, 2020
    I got this one when they repressed, it took like six months to get to my house cuz it was from some italian label and I couldn't figure out how to get in contact with anyone but one day it just showed up lol
    [​IMG]

Ordinary Joel and RetiredAccount like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. skip

Aug 31, 2020
    disagree very much. each new lean album as of late seems to bring in entirely new soundscapes only hinted at in the leandoer127 side projects. id say his stylistic trajectory reminds me of tyler or bino but he seems to still incorporate some essence of his earlier rapping side that those two only seem to revisit in loosies, kinda creating a rift in their work whereas lean’s flows w warlord to stranger marking the most apparent change in tone and structure.

that being said he is being outshined by his boys in drain g--- from a purely creative standpoint. Thaiboy is... well, thai, so he doesn’t count for this thread, but bladee is probably top 5 although his zoomer pop rap style is very abrasive to ppl who didn’t at least kinda grow up on sadboys s---.

but yeah ugly mane is definitely in that top 5 convo as well and has way better bars than mti alone would make it seem, although mti is a classic and one of the greatest projects of this century zero cap

Apr 23, 2024
  3. Jeans

Jeans Joe From Family Guy

Aug 31, 2020
    Goes by different alias depending on the sound. Shawn kemp when producing, bedwetter when doing the oblivion access existential stuff, ugly mane and the southern stuff

Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. skip

Aug 31, 2020
    I will say this is a fair pov although I still disagree as I’m content to engage w media at whatever level the author intends and then wrestle away the narrative after the fact

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl

Aug 31, 2020
    he's good but he's no Tom Mcdonald

Ordinary Joel and skip like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  6. Jeans

Aug 31, 2020
    This is the one I want the most. I did have a chance to cop the rerelease with the completely different album art but I passed it up because I wanted this one on the collection. Regretting that choice now tbh

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. Jeans

Aug 31, 2020
    Hey man thanks for both comments, they really made me think. I’m going to do a starz relisten today because the only songs I really enjoyed on first listen were boylife in eu and yayo which happen to actually be some of the best lean songs I’ve ever heard. This made me realize that writing him off as stagnant is both unfair and untrue and the issue isn’t with the artist but me as the listener. He’s just not exactly making the music I personally want to hear right now I think is more accurate.

If you were to tell me 5 years ago that shield g--- would rebrand as drain g--- and bladee would be arguably bigger than lean, I’d call you insane. But here we are

Apr 23, 2024
  8. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Aug 31, 2020
    [​IMG]

Apr 23, 2024