TV South Park Discussion

Started by Mike02, Jul 8, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Mike02

Nov 11, 2016
    I figured that's what happened. They changed the name from The First Gentleman to Oh Jeez.

As far as the episode, I LOVED the first five minutes or so that showed how people were reacting after the election. I was like Yes! That's when South Park is at its best, spoofing what's going on in real life at the moment. Unfortunately after that it went right back to that stupid Skankhunt theme, and I found myself having to force my way through watching the remainder of the episode. This season is a disgrace .

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Nov 11, 2016
    I am loving this season. It provides a deeper message that other seasons cannot provide.

Plus the last few minutes were f---ing beautiful. Like it was done by God or some s---.

Like it or not, serialized South park is here to stay.

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Mike02

Nov 11, 2016
    Your opinions are absolutely ridiculous. I think you're just trolling at this point, about a s-----y South Park season about trolling. Hmm.

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 11, 2016
    Playing the troll card I see...

I'm valued to my opinion as you are to yours. I really like this season and like it or not, other people do. Season 19 is up there with its best seasons and Season 20 looks to be the same.

I'm just curious, what subjects did you expect them to cover this season? Cause there isn't much they haven't already covered.

Final and tomroe93 like this.
    Final and tomroe93 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 14, 2016
    So... Here's a clip from the upcoming episode...

And it's titled "Members Only", all this buildup is really worth something though I'm more interested in Gerald and the "Troll Hunter", whoever the f--- he is.

Sucks we have to wait a week after this episode but my god is the payoff going to be good. Not like Part 3 of the "Coon & Friends" trilogy.

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Mike02

Nov 16, 2016
    This whole Garrison as Trump thing is stupid as f---. Obviously they weren't expecting Trump to win when they started it. Now this "joke" which isn't funny at all is gonna have to continue for what, the next four to eight years? Think about how often Bush, Obama, etc have been in the show over the years. This season would've been alot better if Trump was actually in it, and I don't mean that weird Canadian version either.

YaBoyTr and Final like this.
    YaBoyTr and Final like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 16, 2016
    I agree with this; but it is interesting to see a main South Park character as a president.

I'm hoping they at least do some magic revelation that the real american Donald Trump has been locked up somewhere and will break free and take the rightful place as president of the United States; they can't do Mr. Garrison forever, especially since his character will contradict with Trump at many points of his presidential career.

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

Nov 16, 2016
    I think the last season, number 19 was one of the worst actually. Just my opinion though. This year's is better but still nothing special to me.

Also I agree with Arch, Garrison being Trump for the rest of the time Trump is president is just stupid and quite frankly limits the number of jokes they can do with Trump. I guess they can still do the same jokes in a way but it's just a little more awkward since they are technically talking about Garrison in the episodes, and not Trump...even if we know who they're referring to. I don't know, I feel I explained it s-----y but you know what I mean.

Final, Mike02 and YaBoyTr like this.
    Final, Mike02 and YaBoyTr like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 16, 2016
    Any chance they'll introduce the american Donald Trump in the season finale?

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Nov 16, 2016
    Doubt it, how long till the season finale anyways? I am looking forward to that just to see how this all wraps up, guess that's one advantage to the season long storylines, you anticipate the season finale a little more. I actually don't mind the idea of the season long stories, but the problem for me is with south park there's always some stories/episodes where I think the idea is totally stupid..In the past that wasn't an issue cuz next week it'd be something new, but now it can s--- cuz you're stuck with it for a while. Also the biggest issue is I feel they're focusing so much on the story, and not enough on the laughs.

I mean if you like this new way that's great, but I don't see how you could think these episodes are as funny as south park was at their best, or even their 5th best season.

Final and YaBoyTr like this.
    Final and YaBoyTr like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 16, 2016
    South Park had more classic moments in it's early seasons when the format was still fresh (Season 17 is where it got a little bit stale), they could do whatever the f--- they want; incorporate sci-fi, incorporate Hardy Boys, incorporate all kinds of terrible offensive s---.

But I like these new seasons not because they're funny, but because they're saterical and a reflection of the state of America as we know it; they've already done all that they can with South Park and it's characters, why not make Cartman less offensive? Why not make people anticipate instead of having them sit through standalone episodes knowing what's coming next?

Matt and Trey knew South Park was a cultural timecapsule, and they made it even more relevant though at the cost of laughs unfortunately.

If you're not in it for the laughs and you're in it for the satire aspect of it, you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Final and Kon like this.
    Final and Kon like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 17, 2016
    Holy s---, only two more episodes before the end.

Butters possibly stealing Heidi from Cartman, unexpected.

Member Berries taking over, s---'s getting real.

Kyle traveling to Denmark; at least he knows Gerald's Stankhunt42 now and is out to save him.

Lots of s--- going on, they're on to something here.

Final likes this.
    Final likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Nov 17, 2016
    I highly doubt they're going to continue the story arch after this season and go back to the regular format.... but here's Trey having his 3 year old daughter voice Ike and say p----

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Meero

Meero Ay ay ay

Nov 17, 2016
    f---in love memberberries

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. YaBoyTr

Nov 17, 2016
    This season is really really boring

Mike02 likes this.
    Mike02 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 20, 2016
    Happy "No South Park Episode" week...

What you think Trey and Matt got cooked up for the final 2 episodes?

My theory: Kyle is going to chastise the f--- out of his dad when he and Ike rescue him. Mr. Garrison is going to defeat the member berries from the inside and well. I'm hoping for a revelation that the American Donald Trump has been in hiding and will take over the presidency from him in order to relieve Mr. Garrison for hopefully other duties because he can't keep on going with the Trump parody, it'll get very, very thin.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Inland Empire Rapper

Nov 28, 2016
    Well... Nobody's talking about South Park here. #NotGivingUpThough.

New episode is titled "Not Funny", @Arch Dogg will love that title.

Synopsis: "Cartman is certain Heidi can solve the problem of getting them to Mars because she’s really funny. Gerald tries to save himself by reasoning with the Troll Hunter while Garrison explores his new found military power."

I don't know how this is going to end, but if it ends badly (unlike the 19th season) then I'm going to lose faith in South Park.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Mike02

Nov 28, 2016
    "Not Funny" sums up this season perfectly. Pretty sure I haven't laughed once.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Kon

Kon

Nov 28, 2016
    Just want this season to hurry up and finish, I have a little interest in seeing how it wraps up but the longer it goes on the less interested I am..

I hope they go back to their regular format next year.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. Kon

Kon

Nov 30, 2016
    anyone gonna watch tonight? Seems hype for South Park is so much less than it used to be.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024