May 19, 2017
    :jordanlaff:

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

May 19, 2017
    They couldnt find a better defensive play to use for the thumbnail than TJ McConnell? :')

The Gooch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

May 19, 2017
    Agree w/ most of what you said but Steph isn't a choke artist. Dudes got plenty of clutch shots moments in the last few years and he is a 2 time MVP. And if we're being honest he was robbed of Finals MVP 2 years ago. He averaged 26/6/5 compared to Iggy's 16/5/4.

He's just outside my top 5 and is better overall than Kyrie IMO.

Ordinary Joel and The Gooch like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. LifeIsOneFunnyMFa

LifeIsOneFunnyMFa Certified DOOM, Blu, and Kenny Stan

May 19, 2017
    any starting guard in the nba is a tough guard ignorant f---

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  6. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

May 19, 2017
    chill, i support the sixers

Apr 20, 2024
  7. yeezyfan11

yeezyfan11 i am a god

May 19, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think you forgot this GOAT

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

May 20, 2017
    [​IMG]

Apr 20, 2024
  9. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

May 20, 2017
    LeBron is the best in the world, and has been for the last few years.

And it's really all thanks to this shot, from the GOAT Paul Pierce, and the kid who shouted "Good game, good effort". After this, LeBron took his game to a whole other level.

[​IMG]

"IM COLD BLOODED!"

Apr 20, 2024
  10. Rob B

May 20, 2017
    Steph is more valuable than Lebron. The difference is simple.

Both of their respective teams play worse when they don't have them on the floor. But only one of the players has an immediate impact even when he's not playing well. The moment Steph steps on to the floor, he could s---t 1-11 and his team still has a shot at winning because his ability opens up the floor. Lebron has to play well for his team to win. Steph just has to be present.

Think of it like this. Steph was at 70% in last year's finals because of injury(not my words, the doctors) and the Cavs still only barely squeaked by in a seven game series. If Steph wasn't on the floor, the Cavs run over the Warriors. If Steph was 100%, Draymond getting suspended and Bogut getting injured would have been moot points. Cavs would have gotten embarrassed.

Try watching the Warriors when KD, Klay, and Draymond are on the floor without Steph. s--- is awkward as h---. The Warriors are only championship quality when Steph is there. He doesn't have to s---t well. He doesn't have to be efficient. He just has to be on the floor. That kind of impact is unprecedented and it's something Lebron has never had. You could argue no player has ever had it(maybe Magic). Then when Steph shoots well and is efficient... unbeatable.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

May 20, 2017
    This is kind of a weird argument.

So... Steph playing bad means his team's shot at winning is still high, but if LeBron plays bad they have no shot at winning...

but Steph is more valuable that LeBron?

And by the way, LeBron opens up the floor WAY more than Steph does, because of his ability to penetrate, post up, spot up and s---t, or distribute the ball.

Fair, but I still think the Draymond injury is the main reason they lost, because he effects LeBron's ability to drive to the basket, which enables him to set up the entire Cavs' offense. Much like Kendrick Perkins and Kevin Garnett would do in Boston. It's really one of the few ways to slow down LeBron, is by having great defensive bigs.

Again, this is a really weird argument. As I said before, when LeBron drives to the basket, or posts up, he automatically draws double teams, and you cannot match with him one on one because it's a mismatch no matter who is there. That's why he kills you with assists AND scoring. There's legit no way to stop him.​

LeBron's way of playing basketball IS Magic Johnson. He's like a better version of him, not Steph Curry. Curry can't play all 5 positions like Magic/LeBron. LeBron is like a mixture of Magic and Jordan, although I'd choose Jordan over LeBron.

When LeBron is playing like he has the last 4 years, he's the best player I've ever seen, hands down. Only problem is, it took him until the 2012 Eastern Conference Finals, vs my Boston Celtics, to find this unstoppable drive.

The 2015 Finals were close even WITHOUT Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving. It went 6 games, 2 went to OT and 1 other game was close. Also, Curry didn't even win Finals MVP, Iguodala did (and he didn't even start until game 4, when the Cavs were up 2-1).

If Curry loses Klay and Draymond, you think Golden State would compete like that?

Iguodala got the MVP because of his defense vs LeBron, but did he REALLY stop LeBron? lol. LeBron led the Finals in assists, rebounds AND points.

And LeBron led last years' Finals in assists, points, rebounds, steals and blocks lol.

I'm not even a LeBron guy, but cmon lol.

The Gooch, Enigma and Ordinary Joel like this.
    The Gooch, Enigma and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  12. Rob B

May 20, 2017
    I'm not saying Steph playing bad correlates to his team's chances at winning. I'm saying him playing bad has less of an impact as long as he's on the floor to begin with. That's something Lebron can't really admit to having. If he plays bad, his team loses. Period. If Steph plays bad, as long as he's on the floor, that offense is in sync. In other words, he makes his teammates legitimately better just by being there.

Also, Lebron does NOT open up the floor more than Steph does. All Lebron can do that Steph can't is probably post up. That's it. And posting up doesn't really lead to teammates getting involved. That's always been more of an iso play. Steph is a better passer(Lebron's passing is good but overrated). He can penetrate. He can spot up and s---t. But most of all, his range is legendary. The moment he steps across half across, the entire floor opens up. Even if he's playing bad because the other team still won't just give him open looks. That's too dangerous.

Draymond didn't get injured. He got suspended because Lebron stepped over him after being frustrated that no matter how he tried, his team was losing. But regardless, Lebron will get his 30 a night. Draymond is an elite defender, more so this year than last year. But Lebron can just run through people, especially since offensive fouls will rarely be called on him. But his entire impact going to the basket is negated by Steph's threes if he's healthy. No doubt.

Lebron's playing style maybe similar to Magic Johnson, but his impact is dissimilar. Curry has more of a claim on that as I explained above.

The 2015 finals was a Warriors team not even at their peak facing peak Lebron. So yea, it was close. But the 2016 finals? If Steph was at 100%, it would have been a sweep and extremely embarrassing for the Cavs.

Also, Finals MVP is the most overrated award there is. Iguodala won because he was the best story. Steph was the actual MVP of that series. Like I said, Steph's value is un-quantifiable. He doesn't even have to play at an elite level to have a huge impact.

Yes.

Like I said, Iguodala should have never gotten MVP.

Cool. And he still would have gotten swept if Steph was at 100%. That's what Lebron was so frustrated about in the first place during those first four games. Steph wasn't even shooting well and no matter how hard Lebron tried, his impact was nothing. A bunch of other s--- had to go down just for him to win in seven games.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 20, 2017
    Or maybe it's because Curry has 3 other all-stars to pick up the slack when he's struggling while Lebron only really has Kyrie? I'm sorry, I'm just not buying this idea that a GSW team that consists of Green, Durant & Thompson wouldn't be "championship quality" without Curry. There's more than enough talent on that team even without Curry to win a championship. They may look awkward right now playing without him because they're not accustom to it. That would definitely change and improve over time.

Fitzy and The Gooch like this.
    Fitzy and The Gooch like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Kon

Kon

May 20, 2017
    Some of the posts on this page reminded me that Bron could very easily, honestly probably should only have 1 ring. Spurs never should have blown that late lead to lose game 6 and the Warriors definitely should have won last year, but they blew it with the Draymond suspension, Klay talking s--- to get Bron fired up plus Curry was only 70%.

I like Curry more than Bron tbh, but Bron's still clearly the better player..A year or so ago when it looked like Bron was declining(before the playoffs last year I think it was..) and Curry was peaking, then you could have made the argument Curry was better at the time, but regardless Bron's better now and has had the better career.

Apr 20, 2024
  15. Rob B

May 20, 2017
    Lebron has Kyrie and Love. Also some really great role players. Don't get it twisted.

But regardless, you didn't even comprehend my post. Bringing up the fact that GSW has three other all stars only backs up my points even more. The idea that three all stars like Draymond, KD, and Klay couldn't win a championship seems ludicrous until you watch them play without Steph. It's an eyesore. It's awkward. And it's nowhere near championship basketball.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  16. Kon

Kon

May 20, 2017
    Man the cavs might not even make the playoffs in the east without Bron, the Warriors without Curry would still be a 1 or 2 seed lol.

Apr 20, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

May 20, 2017
    Cavs definitely SHOULD make the playoffs even without Bron, but not sure they would have with how they played this year..how they're playing right now in the playoffs though is another story, mainly cuz Bron but still.

Apr 20, 2024
  18. The Gooch

The Gooch Gucci FlipFlops (aka Rap Game's Steven Adams)

May 20, 2017
    Im not understanding how Curry is more valuable than Lebron lol Look at the what happened to the Heat when Lebron left, Heat didnt even break .500 the next year

Ordinary Joel and Fitzy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. GawDEDEDE

May 20, 2017
    OP misspelled LeBron James

Apr 20, 2024
  20. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 20, 2017
    I only mentioned Kyrie because he's the only players talented enough on the Cavs to make up for Lebron's production if he was having an off night or got hurt or whatever. Love is a good player but he's not making up for Lebron's production. Green, KD, or Klay could make up for Curry's production individually if they're on fire. All of them collectively though? They can easily make up for Curry's production amongst the three of them.

The Gooch likes this.
    The Gooch likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024