Politics Best Posts: Supreme Court to Overturn Roe v. Wade

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 7, 2022
    Yeah in many places they teach abstinence only sex ed so they don't teach you about contraception at all. Not even condoms or birth control pills let alone that you can usually get plan b for free at planned parenthood if you can't afford it. Had to do that on two separate occasions when a condom broke and the girls weren't on birth control. Also once with my gf when I was like 18, but I bought it at Kroger for $60 cuz I didn't know s--- about PP and I don't recall them teaching us about it—and that was in one of the most progressive states in the USA.

Mar 29, 2024
  2. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

May 7, 2022
    It is 100% percent s--- and nonexistent in most states. Full of lies too.

“Condoms don’t decrease pleasure” GTFO :lmaooo::lmaooo::lmaooo:

Mar 29, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 7, 2022

[​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  4. JMG

JMG Teflon

May 6, 2022
    Oh well it's very brave of you to come on here and talk about it. Did you really care about if you ruined the babies life though? Sounds like you just didn't wanna deal with it?

CARNIFEX, Lucy, Guma and 1 other person like this.
    CARNIFEX, Lucy, Guma and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

May 6, 2022
    I used to think I was pro life until my very pro life ex missed her period and had a pregnancy scare one time and I half seriously contemplated sparta kicking her gut

Thili, Lucy, CARNIFEX and 1 other person like this.
    Thili, Lucy, CARNIFEX and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Lucy

Lucy #1

May 6, 2022
    Guaran-f---ing-tee if I have a kid, abortion or not, I was the one who planted a seed in another woman and made her pregnant. Not we "ended up pregnant" what a piss weak cop out.

You don't f--- STI riddled people unprotected and go "oh we ended up sharing HIV" lol f--- off, ya both knew what you were doing

JMG, Guma, Ricky and 1 other person like this.
    JMG, Guma, Ricky and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Enigma

May 5, 2022
    Up to the states which some will undoubtedly ban & criminalize abortion. It’s already happening.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

May 3, 2022
    With Roe gone, Loving v. Virginia might go with it... Kentucky might outlaw Mitch McConnell's marriage and put him in jail for miscegeny.

Mar 29, 2024
  9. Enigma

May 3, 2022
    Roe v. Wade is more than just an abortion case, it cemented Americans right to privacy. It declared that the right to privacy was implied via the 14th amendment. With Roe v. Wade overturned, that right to privacy is gone & puts numerous other rights/protections in serious jeopardy for being overturned (same-sex marriage; interracial marriage; access to contraceptives etc.).

Mar 29, 2024
  10. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 3, 2022
    Ugh

Mar 29, 2024
  11. Enigma

May 3, 2022

never forget this spineless idiot consistently defended Kavanaugh & other Trump-nominees saying how they wouldn’t overturn Roe v. Wade. How funny…

Mar 29, 2024
  12. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

May 31, 2022
    This is schizophrenia.

Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Worm like this.
    Ordinary Joel, hargydon and Worm like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. hanky

May 13, 2022

Enigma, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Enigma, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. Enigma

May 12, 2022

letting babies starve to death to own the libs. Pro-life party though btw!

Mar 29, 2024
  15. JMG

JMG Teflon

May 8, 2022
    Happy Mothers day @LasiK

CARNIFEX, Ordinary Joel and LasiK like this.
    CARNIFEX, Ordinary Joel and LasiK like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 7, 2022
    It's both—I don't think anyone really denies that. Of course part of the reason is that you're young and don't want to take care of a kid and I don't think there's anything self-centered about that. That's part of family planning and why should we force someone who doesn't want a kid to have a kid? That's a sure-fire recipe to f--- that kid up if the parents resent them.

I agree with you there—if someone is poor and wants to have kids then they should have kids as long as they're able to afford to take care of them. I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. I only bring up money because, like in every country in the world, there is extreme poverty in many places where people are already living paycheck to paycheck as it is, and it's impossible for them to properly care for a kid. Not everyone has family members who can afford to help out.

I promise you that there are very few women who "want" to get an abortion. I know women who did not want kids at all (like ever, not even when married and such) who had abortions and they were still sad and conflicted about it. They were on birth control and still got pregnant. It's a last resort by nature, cuz if you get pregnant and didn't know you were pregnant there's not much else you can do besides adoption and not everyone wants to go through pregnancy of childbirth. If they know the condom broke and didn't get plan b and didn't do anything about it, they're definitely morons...but again, why should we force people this stupid to care for a child? And like I said in my previous post, sex ed in the USA is trash and people aren't taught about all the diff birth control and contraception methods and plan b etc.

But at the end of the day the reason a woman wants to get an abortion doesn't really matter, cuz it's her body and life and therefore her choice. And before anyone brings up the covid vaccine in relation to "my body my choice," I'm not pro-vaccine mandate even if I think people should get it. I think people should be able to be in control of their body and healthcare and that includes abortion.

Thili, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Thili, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

May 7, 2022
    Hmm imo it mostly has to do with people doing something in a spur of the moment and not really thinking about the possible consequences. The thing is what bugs me is people don't have self-awareness to admit they make a decision to have an abortion due to their self-centered nature not some grandiose thinking about the child future. They first and foremost think about themselves and not being able to have "fun" anymore and prolong their childhood. People love to shift the blame on others/other factors to feel better. Also what striked me some people here think that a child needs to grow up in a wealthy home to be happy, which is not the case. What a child mostly needs is a stable family unit that will support it and feeling loved that's all really. As for abortion itself I don't really have a clear position on it. Although as I acknowledged and many people here there are many ways to prevent conception and abortion should be really the last resort. Just my two cents.

CARNIFEX, Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    CARNIFEX, Ordinary Joel and Lucy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 7, 2022
    Seems like American sex ed is s---. A majority of parents also think it's "a taboo topic" to talk about with their teenagers.

Ordinary Joel, Sign Language and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Sign Language and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 6, 2022
    of course they were morons, everyone is a moron when they're 19 (well idk how old @LasiK and his gf were but I assume around that age and that's also when I had a pregnancy scare with my gf at the time lol). I don't think anyone is debating that, Lasik even basically said so himself in the original post. But why should we give a teenager an 18 year (minimum) responsibility for being irresponsible in the first place?

If we're talking about responsibility, that kid will likely become in part society's responsibility—they'll most likely have to use what little government help is available via tax credits, WIC cards, etc. that come out of your tax dollars. Even if they put up the kid for adoption, whoever fosters or adopts them will likely get a check every month that also comes out of your tax dollars. Even though I have no issue with poor families getting help from the government to support a kid, it's still an unnecessary strain on society to create more mouths to feed in an already overpopulated world just to basically punish a dumb kid. Not to mention the strain and responsibility it puts on family and friends around them who will have to babysit and help take care of the kid cuz the vast majority of teenagers can't afford to support a family on single income or afford daycare on s--- minimum wage jobs.

And sure, if some dumb teenagers keep knocking each other up and getting abortions cuz they're too stupid to understand contraception, they prob do deserve to face repercussions and I don't feel sorry for them if they do. But why would we want someone that f---ing stupid to raise a kid?

Mar 29, 2024
  20. LasiK

LasiK d-mn fine coffee

May 6, 2022
    As I said: we were young and reckless. I’m not here to defend that.

But we were fortunate enough to have the choice to not f--- up 3 lives at once by having a baby.

Our situation was extremely mild in comparison to other women who may want an abortion, but having that option at that point in our lives was the right one. It allowed us the opportunity to better situate ourselves for starting a family, to mature, support each other financially, settle into careers, foster an environment together suitable for raising a child, etc. A lot of people could be on the verge of losing that. s---, a lot of people don’t even have the resources for that. Baby or not.

@Australia

Ordinary Joel, Enigma and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Enigma and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024