SwizZz - Automatic [Hopsin Diss + Open Letter]

Started by Ricky, May 21, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

May 21, 2016

OPEN LETTER FROM SWIZZZ FACEBOOK PAGE:

It has been a blessing to witness your art and career grow over the past 12 years. From the grimy days in the basement to performing for thousands worldwide, your ascent has been nothing short of amazing. We founded Funk Volume together, and unfortunately, as time progressed, I gradually fell off and was never able to make a substantial contribution to the team. If it wasn't for you there's absolutely no way I'd have the following I do now. Two mixtapes, a few random releases, and a handful of features in the span of 7 years is pretty disgraceful. If I was on any other label I would have been dropped from the roster a long time ago. However, I can't change the hand I was dealt, and as much as I wanted to be out there with you, Dizzy, Jarren, and Hoppa, my health was priority. I just wasn't in a space to make the full commitment to my career, and for that I'm sorry.

I won't spend time countering the absurd accusations you've shouted about Damien. Anybody with a little bit of sense can see through the antics. My brother has dedicated the past 7 years of his life - blood, sweat, and tears - working doggedly to build the platform that's largely responsible for your success, and you tear him apart because he told you that you don't work hard...s---'s just not right, and I'll leave it at that.

Hop, you can post cooler photos on your social media, wear the flashier designer clothes, be "on the scene" with the popular crowd, alter your music to cater to a different demographic, and mingle with artists you used to bash, but you'll never fit in because that isn't Marcus Hopson. There's a stark difference between evolving and selling out. You are not evolving; you are selling out. You might take your career to newer heights, make more money, and receive more accolades, but until you are truly grateful for the little things in life none of the materialistic success you attain will ever suffice. Eventually, inevitably, the pain will circle back, and you'll find yourself battling the same crushing afflictions. The only change that's real and lasting comes from the inside.

We're both aware that our friendship has run it's course for now. It's really sad things have ended the way they did, but it is what it is. Just know I have no resentment or animosity towards you. You are a profound inspiration, a musical genius, and will always be one of my favorite artists. I am immeasurably thankful for everything you've done for me Hop. I wish you the best in the next chapter of your career.

...zZz...

boyz n the suburbs and Packman like this.
    boyz n the suburbs and Packman like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Packman

May 21, 2016
    Hopsin is a huge loser, and SwizZz seems like a genuine friend. I mean, he actually likes Hopsin. As a person. Lmao

Musical genius? Get the f--- out lol

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Packman

May 21, 2016
    This 2 minute song is better than anything Hopsin has done since RAW

boyz n the suburbs and Ricky like this.
    boyz n the suburbs and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

May 21, 2016

Packman and Ricky like this.
    Packman and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

May 21, 2016
    Can't even lie, I f--- with this. Won't listen to it very often, but I like it nonetheless.
    I'd say this is one of his best songs tbh.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. attila

May 21, 2016
    Z'd up

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

May 21, 2016
    a s--- rapper dissing another s--- rapper
    whats good [​IMG]

YaBoyTr, Thy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    YaBoyTr, Thy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024