DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    you can still delete this fam

Mar 28, 2024
  2. DetroitDGAF

DetroitDGAF Locked in Mariah’s Wine Cellar

Jul 6, 2020
    Lmaoooo fair
    yall are kinda on point with US not really having that much of a scare factor, but for me... again. a------ kids talking, opening snack bags all movie, laughing etc kinda ruined it from the jump lol. Didn’t think it was bad though.

Definitely not on get outs level, but still made me want more peele movies

Michael Myers and Ricky like this.
    Michael Myers and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. DetroitDGAF

Jul 6, 2020
    Also, this mike

A24 don’t really miss in my experience

:emeh:

Michael Myers and DKC like this.
    Michael Myers and DKC like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    Agreed. Also idk what about Midsommar is pretentious period...it's been almost a year since I've seen it but from what I remember it was a pretty straightforward suspense film that's more about the unsettling feeling and slowly building up to the horror at the end.

Michael Myers, DetroitDGAF and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. DetroitDGAF

Jul 6, 2020
    My favorite part is probably the part where the people sitting on the grass in a circle laugh at her while she’s trippin out tbh lmao it’s such a small segment but it was unnerving asf from what I remember

Ricky and Michael Myers like this.
    Ricky and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    I think if you're looking for a more traditional scary movie, then Midsommar probably isn't for you, cuz I like I said it's more about the suspense. But I don't think it's fair to characterize it as uninteresting or pretentious or bad just cuz it's not a certain type of horror.

Here's what I liked:
    1. It does a great job of depicting the tension in a relationship where both people know it's over but are still holding onto it for whatever reason.
    2. You know something is 'off' about the village (cult), but you're not sure what at first...you're just left with an unsettling feeling.
    3. Combine the above two things and it creates an intense feeling of dread/anxiety as more and more about the cult is uncovered, building to the climax.

Both this and Hereditary follow the same sort of formula (begins with an unsettling atmosphere, about a third to halfway through the movie an extremely shocking death happens, then anxiety/tension builds to 100 as you uncover more about what's going on until it reaches its climax—that contains a little more traditional horror). And I prefer this over regular horror films...they're much scarier to me than a regular slasher film.

Mar 28, 2024
  7. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    @DetroitSkills regarding US, yeah the way the clones acted made me laugh in a way that it was intended to be scary but it was kinda awkward lol.

The whole twist at the end was kinda just there because the story already made no f---ing sense to me as soon as the 2nd family was also cloned. Again, I liked the first 40 or so minutes but then it went to s--- for me. I never understood what the f--- the world below was -yeah it was about souls and nature vs nurture I got that- but imo they tried so hard to make it all deep and 'huge' the movie lost the charm it had at first. That whole 'line' and end of the world stuff... not needed. Just shoulda kept it a good horror movie focussed on that family instead of going all 28 days later on the audience lol.

I watched a movie called Tully this weekend (comedy/drama). Also very weird a--- twist but the movie itself kept it simple. Great movie!

Also (@Donkey Kong Cuntry too)

Midsommar for me I guess its also to blame on my expectations. I saw the trailer and it really seemed super creepy. But in the end it was just very awkward to me. That part where they were all screaming and stuff didn't make me uncomfortable at all it made me want to turn it off because I was like wtf is this. By no means is it a bad movie (the way its made, story) but I went in expecting a horror movie about a scary cult and instead after 2 hours I was like... what?

Its not something I'd ever wanna watch again.

I got a few need to see I have on dvd or downloaded, and some rewatches (speaking of Strangers 2). Any new horrors from 2020 u guys would reccomend? Ofc Halloween Kills is supposed to drop but other than that any new ones out before corona stopped productions?

DKC and DetroitDGAF like this.
    DKC and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. DetroitDGAF

Jul 6, 2020
    Invisible man was low key a letdown for me

The Hunt doesn’t take itself too serious so if you’re lookin for a decent time waster there’s that one.

Didn’t see the grudge reboot yet

Anybody know if there really is any worth seeing? Lol @Michael Myers Tully that movie with the hot blonde?

Michael Myers likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    Hmm too bad.

I still have to watch;

Anabelle creation
    Pet semetary
    Curse la Llorona
    Lights out
    It 2

Honeymoon, Autopsy of Jane Doe are pretty solid have u seen them?

Yeah Tully is with Charlize Theron. I didnt plan on watching it so didn't look it up; so no expectations. It was on tv the other night and nothing else good was on so watched it. Very slow movie and if u expect something spectacular u will be let down, but I thought it was very good and the message / plot twist was really good. I love movies about a psychological process w twists (weird I didnt like midsommar then) so that was up my alley. Same goes w 'side effects' have u seen it?

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. DetroitDGAF

Jul 6, 2020
    Breh reading a little about side effects, how have I not heard of this movie lol. s--- sounds pretty dope lmaoo

Think I seen autopsy of Jane doe but was drunk as s---. So I don’t recall literally anything at all. lol. Not sure about honeymoon :wellsht:don’t think so

Your first list got some bangers IT2 was good af IMO idc what ppl think:jordanlaff:

Mar 28, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    It Chapter 2 is terrible honestly don't even bother with it.

I'm prob just biased cuz I loved the book when I was a teenager, but they'll never do the book justice if they keep dividing it into two movies by separating kids and adults timelines. I understand why they wanna do it that way cuz it's probably easier for audiences but the book goes back and forth between past and present the whole time as the narrative unravels. It takes away so much from the story structure when you split it chronologically and also undervalues the adults portion of the story and makes it feel much more like an afterthought. Only way they'd ever do it right is if they made it into like an 8-10 ep mini series.

DetroitDGAF, M Solo and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    Did u like 1 ?

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    It actually was @WPG that recommended Side Effects to me years ago lol. Hidden gem.

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    1 was solid, I liked it well enough.

DetroitDGAF and Michael Myers like this.
    DetroitDGAF and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jul 6, 2020
    So is there any chance Halloween Kills gets a VOD release or are they pushing it back to 2021?

DetroitDGAF, Ricky and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    Man I hope so

Aight yeah 1 was ok to me hoped 2 was a little better but seems like it isn't sadly

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 6, 2020
    @Michael Myers this thread made @DetroitSkills use MGK pic as an avy, not good lol

Michael Myers and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Michael Myers and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 6, 2020
    So this movie was in the works?

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. DetroitDGAF

Jul 6, 2020
    Lmfao stahppp

oh for sure. I didn’t really click but WWAM guys did an update vid recently, I thought we were getting a trailer soon. AFAIK the movie was being filmed around when they wrapped H18, there was leaked pics of flashback scenes n s--- MOOONTHS ago

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 6, 2020
    Why lol

Yeah I think they said they wanted to wait w the trailer because they wanted to see how the pandemic behaved (which is not good news smh) but not 100% sure

DetroitDGAF likes this.
    DetroitDGAF likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024