Teenager Arrested and charged After Playing XXXTentacion ‘Look At Me’ At Brampton Church Service

Started by Ordinary Joel, Aug 17, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Aug 17, 2017
    https://www.drillking.org/teenager-...laying-look-at-me-at-brampton-church-service/

By Shawn Jackson
    Posted on 08/16/2017

XXXTentacion fans arrested and one of them charged after playing ‘Look at Me’ in church

A teenager is currently on trial facing three criminal charges after disrupting with one of his friend the Brampton church service last Wednesday.

[​IMG]

According to reports, the congregation that took place at St. Eugene De Mazenod Parish in the Ontario province was shocked when the two apparently well-dressed teens took it upon themselves to interrupt the mass just before 8 p.m.

As they approached the alter and held the cellphone to the microphone, playing infamous rapper XXXTentacion‘s track ‘Look at Me’ on the PA system.

The profanity-laced track, which has peaked at number 34 on US Billboard Top 100 that was broadcast and 37 in Canada wasn’t to please the peaceful crowd as all they’ve heard were swear words blaring in the most sacred space they have.

[​IMG]

Entering from the side door, a parishioner reported that they played the song right after they just loudly sung Alleluia which confused the attendance who feared the acts that could have followed such blasphemy.

“They felt deeply threatened,” she said.

The 16-year-old Brampton resident, who cannot be identified under provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has been charged with mischief to religious property, disturbing a religious service and breach of recognizance. There’s currently no information on the second teen involved.

Caine likes this.
    Caine likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024