Frank Ocean King Krule on Music He Wrote for Frank Ocean: “I Don’t Think He Liked It”

Started by Ordinary Joel, Aug 23, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Aug 23, 2017
    http://pitchfork.com/news/king-krule-on-music-he-wrote-for-frank-ocean-i-dont-think-he-liked-it/

Archy Marshall also confirms rumors about working with Earl Sweatshirt

by Jazz Monroe
    Associate Staff Writer
    ROCK
    AUGUST 21 2017.

Archy Marshall also confirms rumors about working with Earl Sweatshirt

[​IMG]

Back in 2013, rumors circulated that a collaboration between King Krule (aka Archy Marshall) and Frank Ocean could be in the cards, after Frank floated the idea in an interview with BBC Radio 1. Marshall has now revealed that Frank visited him in London and they discussed working together. “Frank was at my house, yeah,” Marshall tells Pitchfork in a forthcoming interview. “His work rate’s crazy; he creates album after album. I don’t know what goes through his head. He’s a different kind of cat. He came down and he wanted me to do something for his record, but I don’t think he liked it.”

Marshall also confirmed rumors he produced Earl Sweatshirt’s “Death Whistles” under his Edgar the Beatmaker alias. “[Earl] lived in my house [in London] for four weeks,” Marshall says. When they made “Death Whistles,” he adds, “It was probably like 5 in the morning. And we made this beat, [which] basically came out of the fact that he was like, ‘This beat’s trash.’ And he slowed it down, super. And he was like, ‘This is some good s---.’ [laughs] I was like, ‘Aight.’” Stay tuned for Pitchfork’s full interview with Marshall.

Watch King Krule’s 2017 Primavera Sound set on Pitchfork.tv:

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  2. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Aug 23, 2017
    Octopus is still one of my all time favorite songs by him.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  3. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Aug 23, 2017
    i'd like it archy :sadpepe:

Apr 16, 2024