Eminem Best Posts: Enough time hasnt passed yet, became real?

1. Him Shadow

Him Shadow Nightcrawler

Dec 16, 2017
    I love Relapse, it's really unique but if you hate the accent or theme of the album then I don't think you will ever change your opinion man. For the record I wouldn't want him to release another album like that, one is enough lol

btw you convinced half of the forum that Revival is great, please don't try to convince them that Relapse is s---:kdotcry:

n9ne, Packman, Groovy Tony and 9 others like this.
    n9ne, Packman, Groovy Tony and 9 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Dec 16, 2017
    Why do you cringe, or invoke your age like it's a maturity thing?

Do you cringe at a weird character in a film or say 'as a 22 year old I can't watch South Park' or 'X comedian'.

The problem is trying to view Eminem the artist as a person speaking all the time rather than - an artist. A lot of people really can't plug into a lot of fictional or semi-fictional music as music, and as art. They just want reality all the time.

There's nothing cringing about a talented artist using his skill to create fictional characters.

Mudkip, Hareezy, NAES and 6 others like this.
    Mudkip, Hareezy, NAES and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Dec 16, 2017
    encore has always been half classic half trash

it didnt change...encore will always be a bad album due to the amount of grabage it has, but half of it is classic

n9ne, Groovy Tony, BrenoB and 6 others like this.
    n9ne, Groovy Tony, BrenoB and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. David26

Dec 16, 2017
    Relapse is weird. But it has a theme, coherence, is like a horror movie. Very good album

n9ne, Groovy Tony, Cyreides and 6 others like this.
    n9ne, Groovy Tony, Cyreides and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. spielende

Dec 16, 2017
    I see Relapse as his best post-hiatus album because

* it has the best flows, tempo, and pronunciation
    * it has the best beats and overall the production is very crisp and clear
    * while the subject matter may not be the best I find the actual lyrics to be clever/funny/emotional/sad - whatever they need to be in the context of the song

Basically: it sounds the best to me.

Hareezy, Coroner, ShadyLamar and 5 others like this.
    Hareezy, Coroner, ShadyLamar and 5 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Jakepaulerforlifelogang

Dec 16, 2017
    Relapse is the best after hiatus lets be real for a sec

Hareezy, Brayton Z, Ids5621 and 5 others like this.
    Hareezy, Brayton Z, Ids5621 and 5 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. TrixZGameR

Dec 16, 2017
    I agree the content of the album is stupid and obviously is nothing relatable, but when u look at it from a different standpoint this album is f---ing genius.
    The album feels like a rich horror movie, the storytelling was amazing, the beats (last album Dre fully produced), the flows and rhyme schemes. everything about Relapse is really good imo and it is one of the most creative hip hop albums I have ever heard and probably the best technical hip hop album of all time

n9ne, Mudkip, Hareezy and 5 others like this.
    n9ne, Mudkip, Hareezy and 5 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Dec 16, 2017
    Shame, cause I enjoy the h--- out of Relapse. The production, flows, rhymes. And I love the lack of serious, dramatic "woe is me" songs, except Beautiful which we know is an older song. He even took his drug addiction lightly in Deja Vu, making a joke out of almost dying of overdose.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Dec 16, 2017
    huh

i guess enough time hasnt passed yet

Groovy Tony, Mudkip, Alpha and 4 others like this.
    Groovy Tony, Mudkip, Alpha and 4 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. debauch

Dec 16, 2017
    Relapse was hated mostly due to the timing, not because it was a bad album. When em came back, people wanted to hear what happened, proof songs, drug addiction songs.....they wanted to see what was going on from his perspective over the 4 year hiatus.

It had amazing production , which he lacks today , so in hind sight, people are like "ohhh, relapse was dope!!".

Once you see shittier releases , it makes sense that n hind sight it is better.

The best albums are a balance of production, flow and content . Relapse had two of those nailed down perfectly. Other releases lacked other key elements...

I still play relapse songs from time to time (hello, same song and dance).

Apr 19, 2024
  11. TrixZGameR

Dec 16, 2017
    Another reason I think people like Relapse now is because Em totally went in a different direction and became more pop and mainstream after Relapse
    If he stayed making pure hip hop albums I don't think Relapse would have been received as much today

Ids5621, KingZ, David26 and 3 others like this.
    Ids5621, KingZ, David26 and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. KingZ

Dec 16, 2017
    There are a lot of weird subtleties to relapse. Like he uses an accent only when hes drugged out on the prowl or decapitating bodies in his basement. He doesn't use the accent when he is reminiscing (insane, my mom) or later in the album when he goes clean after overdosing. The accent stands for the drugged out psycho em is portraying.

I think relapse is a very good album but only if you view it in isolation to the rest of his work. It has no real comparisons with any of his prior or post albums, its his most unique project. The content is ludicrously cringey but in a different way than how cringey he is today. Itll make you wince if you really listen to it and pay attention to the story it is attempting to display. Em is a tormented horror movie villian, dancing naked through capricious scenes of extreme r---, torture and drug abuse. A horror movie on wax. It really does sound like the product of severe isolation, like Em made a project with absolutely no knowledge of what had changed since his hiatus and the expectations that came with it. The whole serial killer thing could be an allegory for how far removed you become from society and priorities in the midst of drug abuse, you lose yourself to a demon you fail to grasp control of.

Slim shady was already an evil character with a terrible past in sslp, he had r---d and killed people before. Relapse is the extension of that character had he blown up, made it out of poverty and then gone into deep drug addiction and further isolation. Basically multiplying the s--- out of his already very psychotic personality to a far more extreme version.

This being said, its still a rather niche album. Its pretty much horrorcore through the entire thing with only two or three breaks from unrelenting serial killer escapades. It makes sense why people hated it on release yet later appreciated it, I dont see that happening with recovery or mmlp2 in the same way. those albums are kind of just collections of tracks with a loose theme.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    NAES, Coroner, ShadyLamar and 2 others like this.
    NAES, Coroner, ShadyLamar and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Wreckless

Dec 16, 2017
    Lol at revival winning. I say someone hacked the poll.
    :hmmmmm:

Dudley, Mraczewsky, Wisheezy and 2 others like this.
    Dudley, Mraczewsky, Wisheezy and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Dec 16, 2017
    lmfao how hard mmlp2 is losing

we made it @M Solo

Apr 19, 2024
  15. D-Nounce

Dec 16, 2017
    I’ve always loved Relapse and personally I think it’s his best post-hiatus album. Here are my reasons why:

• His flow is liquid smooth throughout the whole album. There’s none of that choppy stop-start bs.
    • The production is godly on every single song. There’s no Rick Rubin or Alex Da Kid to ruin it.
    • It’s the only post-hiatus album that has the old Eminem feel to it.
    • Aside from the We Made You chorus, there’s only two features on the whole album and they’re rappers: Dr Dre and 50 Cent. There’s no f---ing Pink, Skylar Grey or any other generic pop bs.
    • The only bad thing about it is the accent, but in my opinion it doesn’t make the album unlistenable as much as s-----y production and choppy flow does.
    • There’s no awful, cringeworthy punchlines or s-----y puns that have been littered all through his albums since Recovery.
    • And lastly, in my opinion it has a lot of replay value, which is something that continues to dwindle away with each album he puts out.

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Neppert

Dec 16, 2017
    Relapse had it all, the rhyme schemes, the story telling, the Dre beats. I don't think it's a classic, but it's a great album for what it is.

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Brayton Z

Brayton Z Brayton Z

Dec 16, 2017
    C’mon man, I’m tired of hearing everybody saying this s---, do y’all even heard Relapse? That’s the purest Slim Shady since his comeback, but y'all were killing him off over that album saying that was garbage. Relapse is my favourite album tbh, incredible stories, flow, delivery, beats, plus nothing else but Slim, what else do you want? But of course "I wish Em could do this and do that one more time" man stfu

Hareezy, ShadyLamar and Coroner like this.
    Hareezy, ShadyLamar and Coroner like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. Amazed

Dec 16, 2017
    At the end of the day Relapse was only considered bad in comparison to other Eminem albums, this is the guy who at that stage had 3 classics (SSLP, MMLP, TES) and one half classic (Encore) which could'e been a classic if half the album wasn't leaked and then scrapped for some idiotic reason (drugs). But if you take Relapse, isolate it and judge it on it's own merits then it's actually a great album, as are most Eminem albums (i don't think he has a truly terrible album). In fact the worst thing Eminem ever did was listen to the early social media/critic hate and throw out Relapse Part 2 for Recovery which is what initially pushed him down this road we're stuck on now in which he makes music he thinks will appease his critics and be more radio friendly which in my opinion began his slide downward. He needs to realise that critics criticize s--- for attention and social media is toxic, not to mention the average person is r-----ed, can't make music and should not have their moronic opinions validated. Then maybe we will get another classic album.

Anyway Relapse is an easy 9/10 in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Hareezy, Niels7878 and thunderface like this.
    Hareezy, Niels7878 and thunderface like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Wisheezy

Dec 16, 2017
    Go listen to Relapse: Refill. It's just f---ing 10/10. The entire album is epic. Lyrically it's his best work. It's insane. f----- up. Tells a story. IMO it's the classic Eminem we all know him for.

I'm pissed at how many people sh---ed on it when it dropped. My Darling, Music Box are some of his best songs ever as well.

Etari, crazyroadkill and NAES like this.
    Etari, crazyroadkill and NAES like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. teamsteven01

Dec 16, 2017
    There has been so much revisionist history with Relapse it’s absurd. It was pretty much universally hated when it came out, now, it’s loved by almost everyone. It is so weird. I even saw people praising MMLP2 after Revival came out...wtf? MMLP2 is so average, and it is no where near Revival.

Next CD will see the same cycle, “Revival” is soooo much better than “Empanada””

shady389, Oldboy and Spatula like this.
    shady389, Oldboy and Spatula like this.
    Apr 19, 2024