Best Posts: Who Really Was Tupac? Let's Evaluate.

1. Sahara

Mar 20, 2018
    Didn't expect much discussion because of the demographic but thought I might get at least one reply lol

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Mar 20, 2018
    He's that rapper that got the best rapper of all time killed

Apr 20, 2024
  3. Sahara

Mar 20, 2018
    So I watched Murder Rap: Inside The Biggie & Tupac Murders a couple of years ago but revisited it a few days ago. I also tried to corroborate the story through several different interviews on YouTube and it seems like that's really how it went down. Tupac was murdered by Crips retaliating for the jumping of Orlando Anderson at the MGM that night. Orlando Anderson almost definitely being the shooter himself. Through my research I became interested in how or why Tupac got into the situation he was in (murdered due to g--- affiliation). One of the videos that spurred me to was Jada Pinkett talking about Tupac and her relationship with him. She said the Tupac she knew was not the one everyone else knew and even kind of implied that when they first met he was kind of square... here:

Here's a video of a 17 year old Tupac in high school also:

However, it seems he was a very complex character and as he got older he began to affiliate himself with the wrong people. It's difficult to tell when exactly this happened though. In 1993 he shot 2 undercover police officers (he wasn't aware they were undercover though) so he was definitely going down a more violent path before he joined Death Row and became associated with Suge Knight and The Mob.

To me it seems like as Tupac got involved with music he got more involved with gangs and crime in general. Which is really sad because obviously at that point he had made it. Gangs and crime are for people who aren't successful. It's like Chris Brown saying he's a blood now after reaching fame and fortune. It's more of a fashion statement. The lifestyle isn't a fashion statement to real gangsters. It's something they become at a very early age due to a poor living environment.

Here's the Murder Rap documentary below if anyone's interested... It produces a lot of solid evidence and is the creation of Greg Harding who worked on the case.

I also want to post this video of Crooked I talking about Tupac as a lyricist and say that I totally agree. I don't like Crooked I's music myself but I think he makes very good points. I don't understand how you could say Tupac isn't a lyricist at all.

Overall... I'm just interested in what you guys know/think you know about his story. When did he go through the transformation that he did? Why? It seemed as though he genuinely could have grown into so much more but he never got the chance because his life was cut short.

Apr 20, 2024