Eminem Best Posts: Why would Eminem have a lot of pop artists on next album if it's proven to not sell?

1. Johnny Guitar

Mar 24, 2018
    Knowing Em, he is probably gonna sit back, listen to and re-evaluate Revival;
    He's gonna compare it to his previous albums and then come to the conclusion that he needs to go back to rapping over DJ Khalil beats with Liz Rodriguez on the chorus.

Valigant, 1 0 1, Etari and 9 others like this.
    Valigant, 1 0 1, Etari and 9 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Mar 28, 2018
    Well I don't think that's true @ ruining his goat status. He already cemented it with what he did.

Doing bad s--- after doesn't change what has been done. He made 3 classics in a row, each arguably (and I do mean arguably, as I know there's a lot of differing of opinion on the ranking of those 3) better than the last and some of the most memorable, impactful, lasting, creative and innovative rap songs ever made. I think he has more classic songs on those first 3 than most manage in a whole career, he took technical s--- to another level... his hook game, everything, the concepts...

No amount of s--- after that - changes that. He is no doubt a GOAT.

And anybody who appreciates writing, regardless of his latest albums... as a writer, he's continued to show amazing moments and take s--- to unreal heights.

His inability to make a great album now doesn't change what he's done and what he is.

It's not like he's a boxer and it's about longevity or knockouts. In those terms, he's already put Fraizer, Foreman and Ali on their back.

Mudkip, DoubleABD, RG9 and 3 others like this.
    Mudkip, DoubleABD, RG9 and 3 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Chaotic Progress

Mar 27, 2018
    Maybe because he's turned a corner there's no turning back from. I kind of thought that with Recovery to be honest.

People have been saying 'Em's pop!' since 2000 lol, just for being pop-ular. But he never was. All his big singles, all his own work... were hip-hop. He might have catchied them up a bit but they were rap, they were hip-hop, with his hooks and he wasn't following trends or using s-----y formulas than every other rapper uses for a quick, cheap hit.

Now it seems all he cares about is his verses. And he seems to have no problem pandering to studio heads and pathetic formulas - doing s--- like using s-----y pop-rap beats which are passed around behind the scenes like 'oh Flo Rida didn't use it, leme have it, and here's the hook CUT>PASTE', it's f---ing sad and pathetic. This is the guy who made Lose Yourself ffs.

So I think he actually might do it again. It might not have worked for Revival but I'm sure Em will tell himself it's because of the Trump s---, tone that down and continue using these embarrassing formulas to desperately generate hits from young girls.

Seems like he doesn't have the desire or maybe creativity to want to create the sound rather than just copy it and use templates. Lose Yourself didn't exist before he made it, as in... a rap song with a hook that big - I don't mean popularity wise I mean using just a rap voice like that, so dramatically (the production too. So big, yet still so authentic and unique to him. Nobody else would have rapped on that.That was an Eminem beat) - it felt so big, so new, he actually doesn't get enough credit for a ton of innovative things he's done outside of just rhyming and sylables. His hook game and the new places he took 'rap hooks' was crazy. But it seems he's happy to be lazy and hope for cheap hits and ruin his albums instead now.

And he seems to be avoiding the elephant in the room. People have been yelling how sick they are of this desperate pop pandering for ages now and yet he's done it for 7 years, because I think he doesn't have the confidence to try and create big music himself, and he's also weak and insecure now and just doing what the label wants...

Only in the Chlora remix did he finally address the backlash he couldn't avoid about it, up until now he's been addressing everything but "is it the length of my verses yo?, maybe they want more RiRi??" NO EM WE WANT YOU TO USE ALL HIP-HOP BEATS, DO PROPER - AUTHENTIC HOOKS AND PUT EFFORT INTO THE WHOLE SONGS INSTEAD OF BEING LAZY AND CHEAP.

So I'm pretty positive we'll be seeing Adele, Bieber or whoever else is left (not many now aye?) all over the next tracklist. Because he or Paul/studio peeps will think it will work again regardless and maybe they just didn't push it right or the politics interfered or whatever. They've seen it work many times before so I'm sure they're not done yet.

Em isn't interested in innovating now. He just wants hits. He's Britney.

Ids5621, Valigant, Buddha and 3 others like this.
    Ids5621, Valigant, Buddha and 3 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. grizzyp

Mar 24, 2018
    Why?? Because he needs help writing songs apparently He loves tracks that are gift wrapped for him with a beat and a hook already attached. Lazy.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    David26, KingZ, DetroitDGAF and 2 others like this.
    David26, KingZ, DetroitDGAF and 2 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy I roll up like the bottom of a toothpaste tube.

Mar 24, 2018
    He do it all for the nookie.

Apr 18, 2024
  6. Chaotic Progress

Mar 28, 2018
    Definitely Believe/Chlora. I consider them similar aka Eminem doing trap, even though Believe has his touch on it with the strings and s---... it sounds fresh, he hasn't done such a minimalist bare sound in a long time and it suits him. He does so much vocally and lyrically that his voice needs to take centre stage, which is why MMLP works so well.

Either those two songs, or, Untouchable 2nd verse - which sounds like modern MMLP to me. It's like upgraded flow and lyricism, but has that MMLP bounce and flow to it.

Totally wasted the political moment / which was perfect to be done by the way... and wasted his opportunity to do something new with the trap sound, which he also smashed on No Favours. Trap suits Em. It's bare and it's dark.

Mudkip, Guma, eddie313 and 1 other person like this.
    Mudkip, Guma, eddie313 and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  7. joeyp363

Mar 24, 2018
    "Why...why are expectation so high I'm getting clowned and frowned on While I karate chop the plaintiff" honestly those are classic bars on a classic song.

Apr 18, 2024
  8. RG9

RG9

Mar 24, 2018
    Absolutely love Walk on Water & people will grow to appreciate it more over time, but it obviously wasn’t destined for the charts

River should’ve charted better than it did but the song isn’t great. Not a fan of it

Apr 18, 2024
  9. Hip Hop Gawd

Mar 24, 2018
    I assume that Eminem put Beyonce on ''Walk on Water'' to sell. And it's the first song that I've never heard on the radio. Unbelievable how hard if flopped. He also had dozens of other pop artists on the album. But he didn't promote ''River'' soon enough. So now that he knows he's not going to benefit much commercially anymore with these pop artists, what's the point of continuing to work with them? He could have Justin Bieber on his lead single and it still might flop and go unheard. That's where he's at at this point. It's not working anymore.

If he actually could sell more records and have more fun without the pop artists, then wouldn't it make sense to just make normal music again? Just make songs like Believe or Framed.

Or am I wrong? Are these pop artists working out for him? Is Revival selling?

Apr 18, 2024
  10. thunderface

Mar 27, 2018
    I don't know, man. That fake tracklist did the rounds and I'd like to think the point was heard loud and clear. Also, with the trilogy rapped, I think Em will finally go in a new direction. I believe he's hungry for a classic, something universally appreciated.

Mudkip, Buddha and Groovy Tony like this.
    Mudkip, Buddha and Groovy Tony like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. Hip Hop Gawd

Mar 25, 2018
    Well maybe if that happens he'll need to RE-do the next album again and put out another album in response to their response. Like when you make a bad apology and have to apologize for your apology.

Redemption
    ReRedemption

Or might just call it Retry

Apr 18, 2024
  12. The Real Slim Shady

Mar 24, 2018
    Song is wayyyyyyy too over hated.

Guy poured his heart out lmao kinda sad.

Mudkip, BecciEminem and Groovy Tony like this.
    Mudkip, BecciEminem and Groovy Tony like this.
    Apr 18, 2024