Best Posts: Do you think other industries will follow in the footsteps of Music

1. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Mar 28, 2018
    I was talking about this same thing with my friends the other day, but i'll make two different points.

It's true the music industry has shifted in terms of where artists get their revenue from, but they make up for it in other areas such as merchandise and touring.

It's too soon to tell if the gaming industry can do this. It's actually kind of backfiring in their face with these game developers keep trying to put micro transactions into every game. No one's going to pay for a game and keep paying for a game that's not going to improve or bring in more content at a steadier rate. That's why PC games have console games beat a lot of times when it comes to "pay to play" because of the constant updates and dedication to their services and servers. Prime example is World of Warcraft. I can't knock console games too much. Smite is one of my favorite games on PS4 and it's completely free. Micro transactions exists, but you're not forced to get them to have an advantage in the game.

With the exposure the gaming industry is getting lately, it would be advantageous of game developers to chill out with these micro transactions (f--- Destiny II) and look into games that are branching out to other platforms of revenue such as streaming events, merchandise and sponsorhips.

I hope I was on topic with my response lol.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Ordinary Joel, 1999 and Caine like this.
    Ordinary Joel, 1999 and Caine like this.
    Apr 24, 2024