Young Thug Best Posts: Why isn't Thug considered..

1. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Apr 21, 2018
    You have to a certain intelligence to understand Thug's music.

Cole meme aside, it bugs me too. The casual fan sees a heavily tatted rapper = "oh he makes ignorant trap music!" which couldn't be a further reality than what Thug is. He's had a stupid stigma from the general public that prevents him from breaking through.

Apr 18, 2024
  2. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Apr 22, 2018
    I think Thug's probably too experimental. You're not going to get recognized by the masses if you're not reaching them, which he isn't on a large scale. It comes down to him not really breaking through yet.

Apr 18, 2024
  3. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Apr 22, 2018
    those guys have huge appeal cus their music is pretty harmless, theyre likeable and arent really gonna offend anybody. that plus some swift marketing moves are very key. still think thug has some untapped mainstream potential but i dont get the feeling his team ever really capitalized on the bigger moments of his career.

Apr 18, 2024
  4. Packman

Apr 21, 2018
    One of the best rapper alive by the masses? I get he's never broke through like he probably should have or could have.. But Barter 6 is a classic. Beautiful Thugger Girls is a phenomenal album front to back.

Why do people stay putting only Kendrick, Cole and Drake in that top 3?

Apr 18, 2024
  5. game time67

May 3, 2018
    Thug isn’t an artist you can pick up and enjoy right off the bat and majority of the masses are too lazy/ignorant to give his music a fair chance. I have friends who I intentionally blasted Thugs music around for months and would always explain to them why I think he’s so great. A lot of them came around eventually and now agree with me when I say he’s the GOAT of our generation but theres still the prententious rap fans who write him off as “mumble rap.” Those same listeners usually praise the h--- out of medicore J Cole, so really who gives a s--- about their opinion.

Apr 18, 2024