Eminem Best Posts: f--- it just hear me out

1. RG9

RG9

May 1, 2018
    Obviously we don’t know for sure but an educated guess would be that it was recorded post-Revival and around the same time as the Chloraseptix remix. We first got a snippet of it around February on his photographers Instagram.

He was busy working on Revival in 2016/17, and Royce even said himself last year that Em was basically in album mode so he couldn’t really get hold of him. So I doubt he could get a verse from him.

Apr 26, 2024
  2. Skone

May 1, 2018
    So here’s a thought about the Royce/Em song.

You’ve probably heard the snippet or at least some rumors about em’s verse so here’s what I’m thinking.
    He already has addressed he hates mumble rap in an interview, and now he’s formally addressing it in the song releasing Friday; “the boom bap is coming back with an axe to mumble rap.”

Now, Helen Keller in a blindfold could see that mumble rappers currently active in the game usually don’t give two s----s about lyricism or the technicalities of rap - everything Em is about. And now Em is out of his prime, making songs that can be rough to replay. But, admittedly, his lyricism and rapping ability alone has continued to improve imo, regardless of the lack of quality his recent songs have had.

Also, Em is back in the studio with Dre And his pissed off mindset due to the criticisms of WoW and Revival (see Chloraseptic Remix).

What I’m getting at is that with Em is pissed and has had enough of mumble rap, thus he is coming out with Ch. Remix and Caterpillar to keep (his) lyricism alive. And with the current mumble rappers knowing Em is out of his prime and is straight-up attacking their style of music, they might start coming back at him, which might be exactly what he needs. If they did retaliate and diss him, that would give Em the opportunity to destroy these mumble rappers on various tracks. The only problem is that the mumble rappers have more of a following now than Em so it might cause him some problems, and he might not even retaliate if he knew he could lose more fans that would side with the more mainstream artists.

I could see some fueds starting to build between the older and younger generations of rap. Frankly I’d ecstatic if that happened. But idk, I’ve never posted but this is just what I thought about. Discuss, lock or ignore, idc, just had some thoughts.

Apr 26, 2024
  3. rapmusik

May 1, 2018
    "boom bap is back with an ax to mumble rap" is also not a line he'd say on an old song. like I'm fully prepared to be wrong but I'm not convinced it's old yet.

Buddha, DoubleABD and kodo like this.
    Buddha, DoubleABD and kodo like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo Moderator

May 1, 2018
    Never saw anybody quoting puffy :bookah:

Apr 26, 2024