Eminem f--- it just hear me out

Started by Skone, May 1, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Skone

May 1, 2018
    So here’s a thought about the Royce/Em song.

You’ve probably heard the snippet or at least some rumors about em’s verse so here’s what I’m thinking.
    He already has addressed he hates mumble rap in an interview, and now he’s formally addressing it in the song releasing Friday; “the boom bap is coming back with an axe to mumble rap.”

Now, Helen Keller in a blindfold could see that mumble rappers currently active in the game usually don’t give two s----s about lyricism or the technicalities of rap - everything Em is about. And now Em is out of his prime, making songs that can be rough to replay. But, admittedly, his lyricism and rapping ability alone has continued to improve imo, regardless of the lack of quality his recent songs have had.

Also, Em is back in the studio with Dre And his pissed off mindset due to the criticisms of WoW and Revival (see Chloraseptic Remix).

What I’m getting at is that with Em is pissed and has had enough of mumble rap, thus he is coming out with Ch. Remix and Caterpillar to keep (his) lyricism alive. And with the current mumble rappers knowing Em is out of his prime and is straight-up attacking their style of music, they might start coming back at him, which might be exactly what he needs. If they did retaliate and diss him, that would give Em the opportunity to destroy these mumble rappers on various tracks. The only problem is that the mumble rappers have more of a following now than Em so it might cause him some problems, and he might not even retaliate if he knew he could lose more fans that would side with the more mainstream artists.

I could see some fueds starting to build between the older and younger generations of rap. Frankly I’d ecstatic if that happened. But idk, I’ve never posted but this is just what I thought about. Discuss, lock or ignore, idc, just had some thoughts.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. grizzyp

May 1, 2018
    Caterpillar is not a recent verse. Most likely years old. Not sure how it fits into the equation.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. RG9

RG9

May 1, 2018
    Obviously we don’t know for sure but an educated guess would be that it was recorded post-Revival and around the same time as the Chloraseptix remix. We first got a snippet of it around February on his photographers Instagram.

He was busy working on Revival in 2016/17, and Royce even said himself last year that Em was basically in album mode so he couldn’t really get hold of him. So I doubt he could get a verse from him.

Mar 28, 2024
  4. themostshady23

May 1, 2018
    I highly doubt it’s years old and you, nor I, or anyone for that matter know if the verse is recent or not.. we will see when the song is released and I’m sure after the release of the album when Royce is doing interviews it is a question that will be asked and answered but for anyone to presume they know at this point is simply foolish..

To quote Puffy:
    “Don’t make an a--- out of yourself by assuming..”

DoubleABD likes this.
    DoubleABD likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Skone

May 1, 2018
    beli
    I think this [caterpillar] verse is recent. When that snippet of Em rapping in the studio was released a short time after Chloraseptic Remix with the “you need to come to grips like a handjob” line at the end, it sounds like the same flow that’s on the Caterpillar snippet.

DoubleABD likes this.
    DoubleABD likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. eddie313

eddie313 MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

May 1, 2018
    Pretty much theres nothing Em can do about it and he has become a huge contradiction which has also affected everything...remember
    this is the man the legend the myth that said "If I could only use this power for good, I wouldn't, not even if I could..." Less than a decade later he dropped "Not Afraid"....Honestly the s--- is a mess ...I just hope we can get the unreleased stuff soon...Ems sun is setting he's basically an album or so away from retirement...I applaud him for trying to keep rap on a meaningful path though
    As for the feuds between older and young generations...its already here man ...

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    KingZ likes this.
    KingZ likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. grizzyp

May 1, 2018
    Beginning of snippet "slaughterhouse in the building" slaughter house has been done for well over 6 months to everyone's knowledge. Add that to the fact this album was originally coming out in 2016. Also the producer is one that works closely with EMINEM, not Royce. Most logical explanation is, this is a recovery leftover meant to feature slaughterhouse, never happened and song was given to Royce. Not hard to figure out buddy. Its not assumptions, it's called thinking things through.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. rapmusik

May 1, 2018
    slaughterhouse wasn't officially done until literally like a week ago. even royce said that. the people who have heard the song say it's 100% post-revival. it's like the chloraseptic remix verse. sounds nothing LIKE recovery. S1 has worked with Eminem like, once before? And it was 3 years after Recovery. and S1 produced other songs on this specific album, including the one that just dropped with Boogie

Buddha and DoubleABD like this.
    Buddha and DoubleABD like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

May 1, 2018
    You think Eminem is ignorant enough about the slaughterhouse situation to literally say Slaughtherhouse in the building in an actual recent verse?

Like I'm not saying ur wrong but like that would be saying Marshall is literally dumb, I guess he is then

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. rapmusik

May 1, 2018
    I mean he only hangs around Royce. and Royce apparently thought SH was a thing until Crooked left. even if it's not after Revival is sure isn't from Recovery

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

May 1, 2018
    Never saw anybody quoting puffy :bookah:

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Mwilky

May 1, 2018
    no one even know if it is the start of the snippet, literally could be on about slaughterhouse in any context

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. grizzyp

May 1, 2018
    Slaughterhouse been over since before revival. Joe had issues with Eminem leading up to revival. WE just found out. THEY didn't. Knowing what was going on with Budden and the other guys, Eminem isnt going to shout them out in a "newly" recorded verse. Not hard to piece this together. And yes, Eminem worked once with S1 on one album.
    That album was from 5 years ago on MMLP2. He is a big producer costing big money. This beat didn't fall on Royces lap because S1 really wanted to be on a Royce album. Only happened because of Eminem connection. A leftover that was "gifted" to Royce. One of the recent tweets that came out from someone at the actual listening sessions made a comment that it SOUNDS like an older Eminem not recent.

kodo likes this.
    kodo likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

May 1, 2018
    Even if Ems verse is old, he could just change the Slaughterhouse line.. strange to keep it

PistolPistol likes this.
    PistolPistol likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. rapmusik

May 1, 2018
    "boom bap is back with an ax to mumble rap" is also not a line he'd say on an old song. like I'm fully prepared to be wrong but I'm not convinced it's old yet.

Buddha, DoubleABD and kodo like this.
    Buddha, DoubleABD and kodo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. kodo

May 1, 2018
    i half agree with grizzy but this is the conundrum. lol we're nerd hyped for this verse regardles.

edit also em has no idea whats going on with SH either 2 years ago or a couple months ago.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Groovy Tony

Groovy Tony Grandma's baby Eddie Kane

May 1, 2018

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. grizzyp

May 1, 2018
    I know the term mumble rap was made popular by Wiz Kalifa in 2016, the same time book of Ryan was suppose to drop.
    I'm f---ing wrong about everything all the time. So you're probably right.

DoubleABD and rapmusik like this.
    DoubleABD and rapmusik like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. rapmusik

May 1, 2018
    idk, we'll have to see lol. I honestly don't care as long as it's good.

grizzyp likes this.
    grizzyp likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. themostshady23

May 1, 2018
    Thinking things through?? Lol so because he says something about Slaughterhouse, who just really officially disbanded around a week ago, your immediate thought process or way of “thinking things through” makes you immediately jump to the conclusion that it is a Recovery left over which would make the verse almost 10 years old?!? Lol your logic and way of “thinking things through” is a bit flawed to say the least.. As I said, I’m not making any assumptions as to how old it is one way or the other but I would definitely say that you are reaching and would bet anything you are 1000% wrong. And to be honest, I don’t really care as long as it’s good.. but the way you “think things through” is definitely creative, I’ll give you that.. The fact that you assume hearing him say the word Slaughterhouse means the verse is a leftover from Recovery which was released in 2010 and recorded in 2009 is astounding to me lol.. but whatever you say.. you’ve got all the sense..

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024